Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

harsh hero/innocent heroine

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2011, 7:46:11 PM PDT
Kgleeks13 says:
Can anyone recommend some good reads where the hero is rather cold and harsh and his heroine is the sweet, innocent, naive type? Please and thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011, 7:53:25 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 5, 2011, 2:12:30 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2011, 8:36:55 PM PDT
@Chiquita (aka Phyllis DeMarco):

It is against Amazon's TOS for authors to promote their books outside of the "Meet Our Authors" forum. Your post violates their rules. Please delete it and repost it over on the MOA forum where it is allowed. Thx.

Posted on Sep 3, 2011, 9:26:02 PM PDT
EagerReader says:
Anything by Diana Plamer.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011, 12:07:32 PM PDT
D. Politis says:
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. The hero is a rich businessman and the heroine just graduated from college and is a virgin. Warning the hero has some unusual sexual tastes. And this book is very explicit.

Dangerous Passion by Lisa Marie Rice. The hero is an arms dealer and the heroine is an artist. He only cares about her, nothing else.

North Wolf by M.A. Everaux. The hero is a powerful werewolf and the heroine is a virgin, who thought she was crazy because she saw a werewolf attack when she was a kid.

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward. Technically it is third in a series but you can read them out of order, the author makes sure you know what is going on. Hero is a vampire with a huge scar on his face whose only purpose in life is to kill their enemy, the lessers. (Humans who volunteered to work for a very bad demon) Heroine is a vampire who gets kidnapped by the lessers and hero does everything he can to save her. Hero does not think he deserves heroine because she is a good person and he thinks he is not because he was forced to be a slave before he was a warrior.

Shadow Fires by Catherine Spangler. Barbarian leader and virgin psychic get married. Part of a series but can be read out of order.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 4:28:16 PM PST
shelf says:
bump

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 5:05:05 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Historicals:
Dreaming of You
Master of Desire
His Wicked Ways
Devil in Winter-I love the entire Wallflower series.
Dream Lake-My favorite of the three, so far...

Anne Stuart writes about very dark heroes in both historicals and contemporaries.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 6:07:38 PM PST
🌲Arual says:
The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen Woodiwiss. It's a classic.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 6:27:27 PM PST
D. Arnold says:
If I am not mistaken, even though though it was written after the Flame and the Flower, she mentions the Birminghams in the last of the book Petals on the River. They were the ones who bought the hero's boats he was building. They were the ones Brandon used in TFatF. I like the little things like that. She is such a good writer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 6:34:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012, 6:34:53 PM PST
🌲Arual says:
Yep. And this book is what started me on romances. I remember a couple girls talking about it in high school, and I'd decided to try it out. That was a loooong time and hundreds of books ago.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 7:22:15 PM PST
NoMoreBooks says:
The Silver Devil is the first thing that comes to mind:)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 11:44:28 AM PST
read4fun says:
Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 12:13:03 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Black Ice by Anne Stewart

Keegan's Lady by Catherine Anderson (I wouldn't say the hero is harsh, but he is very alpha and the heroine is very sweet)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 12:38:19 PM PST
read4fun,

Something Wonderful definitely fits the bill. Such a good book!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 Jul 19, 2017
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 8191 12 minutes ago
Historical romance, help me remember title? H needs an heir 1 14 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 7932 19 minutes ago
h asks H to help her to have a baby 11 28 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 3272 43 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6532 44 minutes ago
Hero cheats and has to work hard to win back heroine 679 56 minutes ago
HOW TO: Search the Romance forum in a few simple steps 19 56 minutes ago
Stephanie Laurens - Devil's Bride 25 1 hour ago
Husband is having a "midlife crisis" and leaves wife 1254 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Sep 3, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers