Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

SPOILERS - The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 78 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012, 2:54:22 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski

4.72 stars in Goodreads, from 633 reviews
5 stars in Amazon, from 239 reviews

Surely, so many people CANNOT be wrong? This MUST be a beaut of a book. I am ITCHING to read it!

Please spoil. Major spoil. Like, ruin it for me, please. Cos I don't want to miss out on this one. I have to know what the hype is about especially as this seems like a well loved author. Always looking for good authors.

Solid HEA?
Cliffhanger?
Cheating?
Sequel?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 3:53:28 AM PST
Sherylb says:
Yes!
No!
No!
Don't think so.

Just read it and loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 4:02:30 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Sherylb - Thanks! I'm one step closer to reading it.
Something drastic happens, there's a make or break secret, can you tell me what it is pls?
I'm one of those people who don't like surprises in any form in my Romance reads.
But if I know beforehand, I can enjoy it. Thanks again.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 4:06:54 AM PST
adh says:
MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD...DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING!
H has a brain tumor and almost dies. He doesn't tell her he's sick, he just collapses one day. The very end if the book, before the epilogue, implies he dies. He doesn't. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 4:10:22 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
adh - THANK YOU!!!!!! And there's an epilogue too! One last question: did he love another girl before meeting the h, he doesn't have that kind of baggage, does he?

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 4:44:07 AM PST
adh says:
No real love that I remember. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 9:20:49 AM PST
SAB says:
I just finished this story last night and I bawled my eyes out at the end. AH-mazing is all I have to say. Well worth all the 5 stars that this story is getting. Andrew....sigh....that boy has got it going on and sure knows how to please his woman....(fanning myself).

No....he does not have baggage (OW), except for his tumor and his Dad. It's more the h has more baggage then the H does. Well, they both kind of have baggage, but in different forms.

Read it, you won't be disappointed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 9:27:23 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
V and adh - thanks, I've only heard good things and I cant wait to start it. LOL @ fanning yourself :-) Andrew sounds devaan!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 9:33:31 AM PST
Sherylb says:
And it's $1.99!!! I bought when it was $2.99 and it's worth every penny.

I think it's better without the spoilers and am glad I didn't see it coming. It was a journey, literally and figuratively.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 9:46:36 AM PST
smess NZ says:
I laughed and cried. Best book ive read in a while. Loved it! Worth the 5 stars

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 10:54:01 AM PST
Elk says:
I also appreciate the spoilers so I can relax and enjoy reading it and knowing everything is 'safe'
:-)
Thanks!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 1:34:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012, 1:35:31 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
"safe" - that's the word yes, Rowan LOL! Very appropriate.

These are other comments posted in another thread. People are so indulging/indulgent (its late, I'm tired and I cant think which word is correct lol) and willing to spoil- thanks :-)

Ms. CeCe says:
You will so LOVE The Edge of Never!! One of the best books I have read. One of those that keep you thinking long after you have put it down:)

Tropicsgirl1313 says:
The H isn't quite as OTT like Travis was, but at one point he says "If you were to let me f*** you, you would have to let me own you." He by no means is growling "mine" and all of that during the book, but I also think he is one of my favorite H's lately and I tend to like the OTT ones. They had an unconventional start to their relationship and he definitely protects the h, but he isn't what I would call "crazy jealous or possessive." He was sweet (not in a fluffy, rainbows & butterflies way though) and I enjoyed their wit & banter throughout.

Tropicsgirl1313 says:
I also finished The Edge of Never recently and it is probably my favorite book so far this year. I thoroughly enjoyed the story and was content with where the author left the story. I read on Maryse's blog in an interview with JA Redmerski that there is no plan for a sequel and she is perfectly happy leaving the story as it is. She also said that she wasn't interested in doing a spin-off for one of the other characters either because she would probably hate that character after like 2 chapters... I usually go with Maryse's advice, and she rated this as a "Must read" with "5 Stars Plus!!!". Her reviews are usually spot on in my experience. I put the interview link below. It is from Maryse's blog and titles "Behind the books - and interview with JA Redmerski".
http://www.maryse.net/behind-the-books-interviews/behind-the-books-an-interview-with-j-a-redmerski-a-book-giveaway.html

Bea says:
I read The Edge of Never and ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY LOVED IT. The first few chapters are a bit slow but once you get to the part where Andrew and Camryn meet it is nothing but good. The character development and the whole relationship (from friends to lovers) was great. I think I fell in love with Andrew Lol! Definitely has a HEA with no sequel to die over. He is very protective of Camryn, some jealousy but not a big part of the plot. They spend lots of time with just each other so not much threat there. He does have his watery eyes when he thinks he won't have her in his life. The book alternates in POV so you get to know and FEEL what they both think and feel.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 11:47:33 PM PST
Elk says:
Hi Beeg
Thanks for those comments. Good to know. Makes all the difference to me, knowing I'm not going to be sucker-punched when I've given my heart :-))
I'll finish up Wallbanger tonight (it's Friday night in Oz), or maybe first thing in the morning, then get into Edge of Never. Really looking forward to it now.
Not enjoying Wallbanger as much as I thought I would. The h and her posse are a bit immature for me, which is odd because I have enjoyed Charade and several other New/Young adults recently. There's just something about Wallbanger that's not gelling yet - still only about 35% in and they are still dancing around each other and I'm wondering how he's ever going to convince her that she's the ONE. Hmmm. Staying open-minded...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 1:45:12 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Rowan, heya,

The RELIEF! When I hear that others are like me with this weird tendency for spoilers. Only on these forums do I find people who suffer from the same affliction LOL. My family, friends, even owners of blogs and websites, think our screws are loose. (I know many people here also share that opinion but some are still willing to spoil anyway - for which I am eterrrrrrnally grateful)

The Edge of Never - I haven't started it yet - haven't found time alone so I can cry in peace while reading it. When you're done will you talk a bit about the writing? From what I've seen, she writes beautifully.

Wallbanger - did you read the fanfic? I see the comparisons made in discussions here and how they're not totally similar. I want to read both but the idea of the H banging walls and anything/anyone else other than the h is a bit hard for me to take. Even if they've not together at first.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 2:15:52 AM PST
Elk says:
Beeg P: My family (read husband and brother) treat my need to know the ending as a character weakness :-). I just see it as insurance against wasting my time on something that doesn't suit me. I, too, am grateful to those willing to share their experiences and have learned to trust a good many names on this forum who seem to share my taste in romances. Some names recommending here are an auto click/buy for me (you included).

We'll talk again about Edge of Never before weekend finishes. I'll be watching what others are saying in the morning.

Didn't read the Wallbanger fanfic. I've read on other threads how readers think it's very funny. I'm not amused at all but, then again, I am that odd person who didn't like that Snacks and Seduction book. I decided in the end it's either a cultural or an age thing. Still - time yet to fall in love with H or h - but it ain't happening yet. Oh, something I DO like are the text conversations taking place amongst the characters. Enjoying that...

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 3:04:02 AM PST
Elk says:
@ Beeg Panda
About 45% into EofN now and falling in love :-)) Finding myself smiling at them.
SO MUCH better than Wallbanger (which I decided was Chick Lit rather than Romance). The character development is being nicely crafted and the relationship is building in a believable way. Writing is effortless and natural.
Really enjoying this book and slowing down the reading process (as opposed to the skimming I was doing with Wallbanger yesterday).
Will go off to bed now knowing I have something really nice to look forward to tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 2:53:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012, 2:54:04 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Rowan - YAY! So we have a winner in EofN! Thanks for posting your thoughts. Now that you've given it a clean bill of health, I'm waiting for a quiet moment to read it.
Better than Wallbanger - that's quite a feat considering all the hype surrounding it. I'm not into chicklit at all, I like my romance with constant h and H togetherness in their story, so I'll probably give WB a miss for now. Maybe at a later stage when my tbr list isn't so blinkin longgggggg.
What you reading next?

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 6:48:43 PM PST
Elk says:
Beeg - I just finished it. Highly recommend. I *know*you will enjoy it. No cheating, no OW and you already know there is a HEA!

Sometimes when I read books like Wallbanger I think, 'yeah, I could write romances, no sweat' - then I read a book like EoN and I think 'Erm...maybe not' :-))

It's thoughtful, philosophical (in the right places) and highly emotionally intelligent.

The author is not planning a sequel, but there is definitely space for a secondary character romance which would be a great opportunity to catch up on Cam/And and the baby (I only say that because this IS the spoiler thread a no-one has mentioned that yet, I don't think). I notice on the Pinterest site that she does not rule it out either.

I will go on to what I call a 'palate cleanser' now. Something innocuous that won't demand too much from my emotions. I see Kate Perry's got a couple of free ones available today. I'll probably pick up something like that now as I come off the Cam/And high - then maybe it's time for the next KA.

Be sure to post your thoughts on EofN :-)
Ro

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 6:44:28 PM PST
Thanks for posting about this book. I love it.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 2:51:23 AM PST
Now this is the kinda romance I wanna read, so sick of cheating heroes and heroines in
New adult books!! Hero was absolutely perfect, loved the fact that despite being a guy's guy he still respected women. Great story overall

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 3:04:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012, 3:04:22 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Ro - I'm glad there's no sequel to their story. I don't mind catching up with them in another H and h's story but they've found their HEA, so leave well enough alone, I say.

I don't think I've read Kate Perry - must have a look. Now, don't laugh, don't judge: I can't get into KA's work. ****ducking for cover****** LOL.

Pininterest - I'm unabashedly, unashamedly addicted to Pininterest. Mercered introduced me to it and I've been hooked ever since. Can you find me there?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 3:06:36 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Rose - Ditto. X 100000000

Mara - I'm also glad I found this one but I STILL haven't read it cos my family and friends decided to hover over me this weekend! I can't read a piece of perfection like this with them traipsing after me whole day!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 5:02:56 AM PST
Willread says:
I read the fanfic Edward Wallbanger and, though I have no problems with H being with someone else before h, Wallbanger was kind of a man-slut and had several lovers simultaneously - and banging them all into the heroine`s wall. I don`t particularly like a hero who behaves poorly towards other women because it says something about him as a person.

Yes, some of the dialogue between h and H in Edward Wallbanger was hilarious but I never felt the fanfiction was romantic. It seemed to me the writer wanted to write a comedy and added the romance as sort of an afterthought because people expected it. The fanfic worked well as a comedy but I was surprised when I noticed a couple of days ago that this story was now rewritten and sold as a romance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 3:21:10 PM PST
Elk says:
@ Willread - it took me *ages* to work out what was wrong as I was reading Wallbanger. I thought it was me for a while. It don't have any problem reading this type of book (if I'm in the mood), but it's not my first choice. I look for romantic fiction that takes me out of my everyday life; that captures my heart and has me living vicariously for a few hours in someone else's.
Still - everyone is different (thank goodness), and I'm sure there were some who really loved WB.

On another note - I asked Jodi Malpas about the music content of Beneath This Man and she assures me there is plenty!! It was such a big part of This Man for me (i.e. checking out the music on YouTube as it came up in the book) :-) I downloaded plenty!

Sorry for high-jacking the EofN thread!!

@ Beeg - looking for you on Pinterest :-) You're forgiven for your KA dismissal - she wasn't an immediate attraction for me - more of an acquired taste!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012, 2:13:54 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Wallbanger is goinG a bit further down my tbr list for a while - maybe in the new year.

Ro - This Man - I saw its discussion in Amazon and IIRC there was something that put me off about it - I need to go over it again. Maybe it had a cliffy or cheating or OW. You liked it very much, I can tell from your comments. I hate missing out on books because of my triggers LOL.

Don't worry about high-jacking this thread - not many people are following it anyway and I'm content to talk about any books really.

I just finished Up in the Air's 2 books and am formulating my review but its gonna take a while cos I'm so torn about it. There were aspects I liked and didn't like and I need to word myself carefully so that it comes across the way I need it to.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
36 26 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
286 2 days ago
Officer Cop Sheirff Boss/Employee 7 7 hours ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6681 7 hours ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 3336 7 hours ago
Reverse Harem- why can't i find any? 558 7 hours ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 8496 7 hours ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #6 2342 7 hours ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 2995 7 hours ago
Free Today Third Edition 8351 7 hours ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 8363 7 hours ago
Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers* 9583 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  78
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers