Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Does Selena Kitt wright romance or erotica?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 26, 2010, 8:09:10 PM PDT
Larry says:
I have had my kindle for over 2 years now and I started downloading some free books. It started with romance novels and then they recommended a Selena Kitt Novel. Wow. I must say, I do enjoy reading her work. But is she romance or erotica or is that one and the same.
Signed,
A guy who is new to romance novels.

Posted on Aug 26, 2010, 8:20:11 PM PDT
Erotica - definitely.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2010, 8:26:52 PM PDT
Larry says:
Yes, and I enjoy it a lot. Do women enjoy it also?

Posted on Aug 26, 2010, 8:47:32 PM PDT
Parker Pen says:
Selena Kitt is a writer of erotica. She has a website. Just Google her and you will see that she writes erotic romances. She can be very, very, very explicit. She's a good writer and most of the time, if it's free, I read her. She can push the envelope so I am careful to read the description of her novellas. There is a line I just can't cross because then my eyes cross. Of course women enjoy it...that's why it is so popular. It is written for women by women. Very few men can get into the club because the some of the publishing houses won't even talk to a male who wants to publish "erotic romance." This was related to readers on the Kindle forum by a male author who would have liked to have published his work. Some houses wouldn't even talk to him, others didn't publish his work.

Posted on Aug 26, 2010, 10:19:28 PM PDT
Erotica. Definitely. I've seen her post (or someone who's using her name anyway) on the boards. You're right, Parker Pen, she does push the envelope...right out the door onto the street and down the block up to the freeway and into the next state. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2010, 10:44:56 PM PDT
Honeywell says:
A lot of Selena Kitt's books were first published on Literotica (and some still are--you can read them for free) and it shows. I put her in the stroke story category--extremely graphic and crafted for masturbation. Definitely hot but I think they lack some of the sensuality I associate with erotica. But since "stroke story" isn't a sub genre I guess she'd fall into the erotica category.

Posted on Aug 26, 2010, 10:47:06 PM PDT
Parker Pen says:
Book Fiend, that's funny :D

Does "freeway" mean you live in Southern California? My Kindle Marine (my stepson who is a Marine and wouldn't give me his Kindle...made me buy my own!) had us come out to visit him in San Diego and the "freeways" were UNBELIEVABLE. I never saw sight traffic stretched for miles and miles...going 90 to nothin' !! We call them interstates here in MS. It was so beautiful in San Diego. Cost of living was way out of sight, tho.

Posted on Aug 27, 2010, 1:09:34 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Hey I loved Heidi and the Kaiser! Some of her other stuff is waaaaay out there, but over all quality erotic literature.

Posted on Aug 27, 2010, 4:13:47 AM PDT
Bitchie says:
Her Baumgartner series is most excellent, and I loved Blind Date. Stargazing was also VERY good, but it wasn't really an erotica story. It was almost YA, except for one really good sex scene between the two MCs.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2010, 6:01:44 AM PDT
J. Bergin says:
The Selena Kitts I've read were DEFINITELY erotica.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2010, 11:11:25 AM PDT
Larry says:
DireMommy,
Yes i loved the Baumgartner series. Very erotic. I find her writings very believable and things like that could really happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2010, 11:12:20 AM PDT
Larry says:
Jennifer is it a good thing that it is erotica or a bad thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012, 7:52:35 PM PST
Don says:
Can you describe what you are looking for in erotica? I personally like stories with a meaningful story line with lots of hot, explicit, detailed sex that a woman would enjoy listening or reading with me. Do you know of anyone who writes stuff like this?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 9:13:19 PM PST
I'm a woman and read her. I agree with everybody else it's erotica.....I liked Plaid Skirt Confessions
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 Jul 19, 2017
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 8191 12 minutes ago
Historical romance, help me remember title? H needs an heir 1 14 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 7932 19 minutes ago
h asks H to help her to have a baby 11 28 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 3272 43 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6532 44 minutes ago
Hero cheats and has to work hard to win back heroine 679 56 minutes ago
HOW TO: Search the Romance forum in a few simple steps 19 56 minutes ago
Stephanie Laurens - Devil's Bride 25 1 hour ago
Husband is having a "midlife crisis" and leaves wife 1254 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 26, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers