Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Looking for good romance books with not so much internal dialogue....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 29, 2012, 8:13:17 AM PST
Shae says:
I have been reading a ton of books lately that have sooooo much internal dialogue. I don't want to hear in H's mind how the H/h are falling in love. I want to get to know the characters through real conversations and feel the connection myself...not just be told to feel it. So I'm looking for good romance books (I'm not picky..CR, YA, MA, etc). Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 3:36:28 PM PST
Campbell says:
Shae - Me, too !
I'd like to read a book where the story develops without a "stream-of-consciousness" inner meandering. And, where the heroine isn't constantly thinking the same thing over and over and over. Such as, "He doesn't love me. I have to leave." She doesn't leave. Then "He doesn't love me. I have to leave." She still doesn't leave. Bah, garbage.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 7:15:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012, 11:02:49 AM PST
Jean says:
I totally agree, D.C! I'll be anxiously watching this thread to see if there is such a book.

The only one that I can think of that was recommended to me on another thread would probably fall more into the erotica category (and it's shorter than I normally like) - but I loved the book. Lots of great dialogue.

Willing Victim by Cara McKenna

Edited to correct link. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 10:47:10 AM PST
Campbell says:
Jean:
Thanks for the recommendation - "A Willing Victim" looks really interesting, but no ebook edition available at this time. I'll put it on my Wish List, hopefully there'll be an ebook edition soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 11:00:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012, 11:03:25 AM PST
Jean says:
Really? That's odd. I bought the ebook version less than a month ago.

ETA: OK, I see I linked to the wrong book. Sheesh. Corrected now.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 8:44:33 PM PST
T. Smith says:
I am botherd by this too sometimes. I mean, right in the middle of a conversation with someone one of the characters will go off on some long internal dialogue or remembering something..... and then the conversation will just start up again a page or two later. I have to go back and read where the conversation left off and then skip back to where it picks up to make sense of it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
263 4 days ago
Historical romance where the h has Hero baby before marriage 6 51 minutes ago
Your fave HQ Medical romances 16 21 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #6 1790 1 hour ago
Bullied/tormented hero- can anyone recommend any books? 0 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6219 1 hour ago
Biker Romance Part 2 9263 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 7256 1 hour ago
H puts OW before h 506 1 hour ago
Weekend Reading - 23-25 June 5 2 hours ago
Upcoming Releases of Romance Books with Asian Heroines... 508 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer