Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Books where the heroine almost dies.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 27, 2013, 8:11:07 PM PST
earth girl says:
I love books where the heroine comes very close to death, and the hero...
....Loses it and realizes his mistakes.
....Brakes down in a public way.
....thinks she's really dead for a minute or two.

Anny ideas for me. Also when the heroine is close to death because of the hero, she jumps in front of a bullet, or hero makes heroine upset and she gets into an accident...Ect.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013, 8:35:51 PM PST
Kim says:
These threads have many suggestions. Enjoy :)

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3MQEN9G3CZEO0

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx20TV6TRNICTV2#Mx2DPU6XCO451NG

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3QUCEH5AZE863#Mx3FM0WGJJ9TBV6

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx3S7L5YL41FNI1#Mx152JXP247UH51

Posted on Feb 2, 2013, 6:23:56 PM PST
earth girl says:
bump

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 7:31:23 PM PST
Irene says:
Where Dreams Begin by Lisa Kleypas
Zachary Bronson has built an empire of wealth and power -- now he needed a wife to help secure his position in society...and warm his bed in private.But not just any woman will do for a man whom all of London knows is not a gentleman. Then he unexpectedly swept Lady Holly Taylor into his arms for an unasked for -- but very alluring -- kiss, and suddenly he knew he had found a woman whose fierce passions matched his own.

Lady Holly Taylor was beautiful, generous, and, as a widow, destined to spend her life playing by society's rules, even when they went against her bolder instincts. But Zachary's kiss had aroused her, and though the shocking offer he made didn't include marriage, she was compelled to risk everything and follow him to the place where dreams begin.

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 7:34:11 PM PST
Curmudgeon says:
Jennifer Ashley did this a couple of times in her Mackenzie books. Was it Mackenzie? Hold on. Yeah, Mackenzie brothers

Posted on Feb 19, 2013, 9:01:08 PM PST
Thanks for including the author's name. There 3 or 4 authors who have Mackenzie series.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013, 11:06:06 PM PST
Curmudgeon says:
There sure are a lot of Mackenzie family books! In general I've lost my taste for highlanders but these struck a chord

Posted on Feb 22, 2013, 11:18:34 PM PST
BUMP

Posted on Feb 23, 2013, 11:39:19 AM PST
bookreader says:
Three Wishes the H breaks down in a courtroom?? i believe when he learns the h was officially dead for 2 min while giving birth to their child

Posted on Feb 23, 2013, 5:51:29 PM PST
Games of the Heart (The 'Burg Series) by Kristen Ashley. The h takes three in the chest and the H is holding her hand as they arrive at the hospital, begging her not to let him go. She let's go when her heart stops as they arrive and he has to wait for several hours to learn she survived. Very intense scene.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013, 10:05:28 AM PST
Banana Boat says:
I'm not sure these fit but both h's almost die. Both oldies but goodies.
Lynn Kurland - The More I See You
Julie Garwood - Honor's Splendour

Posted on Jul 12, 2013, 8:56:05 AM PDT
Gotaddict says:
bump

Posted on Jul 12, 2013, 10:12:04 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 14, 2013, 4:14:02 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 12, 2013, 11:11:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2016, 9:10:03 AM PDT
SAB says:
Seduction of a Highland Lass (The McCabe Trilogy Book 2) by Maya Banks. The h takes an arrow meant for the H. The aftermath is very moving in the way the H cares for her when he thinks she is most likely to die. I bawled, it was so good. In my top 10 favourite historicals.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2013, 11:52:15 AM PDT
I see thatThe More I see You is a time travel book which I usually HATE but this one looks really good. Can I get a spoiler though?

Does she get to stay with him in his time? I hate it when the heroine is transported back and then meets a guy in her time period that looks just like her hero from the past .... I don't wanna bother if that's the case.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 13, 2013, 3:24:27 PM PDT
Banana Boat says:
B.C Wheeler, Its one of my favorite books. Lynn Kurland writes wonderful time travels. The h is a modern gal who is transported back in time. Towards the end of the book she does go back to to her time, accidentally, but does find a way to get back to the H. Her arrival back in time with all of the goodies she packed (chocolate, books, photos and so on) is so sweet. It has a great HEA.
I hate to give too much away. I've read all of Lynn Kurland's time travel books and love them all. None of her h's or H's find a look alike in their own time. Give her a try.

Posted on Jul 14, 2013, 7:11:09 PM PDT
Thanks Banana Boat!! I will give it a try :)

Posted on Jul 15, 2013, 4:30:53 PM PDT
A. Cole says:
The Patient Nurse by Diana Palmer

Posted on Jul 15, 2013, 5:16:50 PM PDT
A Customer says:
The Outsider by Penelope Williamson

Posted on Jul 16, 2013, 4:33:26 AM PDT
Lawman (Hqn Romance) by Diana Palmer. Treats h rotten, so bad the town turns on him. Turns out she is not only pregnant by him, but has a dangerous heart condition and nearly dies.

Posted on Jul 17, 2013, 9:11:53 PM PDT
Sandra H says:
Breathe (Colorado Mountain Series)
S
p
o
i
l
e
r
Heroine is kidnapped and buried with a limited oxygen supply.

Posted on Jul 18, 2013, 7:19:52 AM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
Amazon Lily-The title sounds cheesy, but it's a great story. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2013, 7:01:10 PM PDT
Avid reader says:
Robin:
I LOVED Amazon Lily!! It's been a decade-time for a re-read!

Posted on Jul 18, 2013, 7:58:17 PM PDT
Josie says:
I would second Seduction of a Highland Lass. I balled my eyes out. It was so good. A few others would be The Duke Next Door by Celeste Bradley, Game of Scandal by Kathryn Smith and Rules of Engagement by Christina Dodd. I probably have read more but these are all I can think of.

Posted on Aug 15, 2013, 9:30:43 AM PDT
MissIry says:
there is a great scene in the "Up in the Air Series" - R.K Lilley
the h gets shot in the head by her mad abusive father in her back garden. the H is to late to protect her. finding her in the garden not breathing he believes she is dead for a few minutes.
the intense way in which it was written from the POV of the H really got to me. i remember feeling physically ill reading threw this scene.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jan 27, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 7, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 25 customers