Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Big & Rich PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > RPG forum

What was absolute best game you've ever played? CHOOSE ONLY ONE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 637 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 7, 2010, 8:51:14 AM PDT
Lucas says:
A bunch of great games mentioned, I have to say all of them definitely deserve being on here. But I'm going to have to agree with the very few people who went with the Mass Effect series. Hands down (IMO) one of the best stories out there!

Posted on Aug 7, 2010, 9:22:42 AM PDT
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is my favorite game of all time. Final fantasy barely counts as a game to me, as the gameplay is extremely simplistic, and it seems like they really wanted to make movies instead of games. I can skip the cutscenes replaying GTA:SA and it's still a great game.

Posted on Aug 7, 2010, 1:16:53 PM PDT
well hands down its not for say one its ALL of the Legacy of Kain series game....best story line Hands Down...my favorite games of ALL TIME

Posted on Aug 7, 2010, 5:13:38 PM PDT
mjs211 says:
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind! I played that for years... It has a very long, engrossing main quest and several hundred guild and miscellaneous quests. Its storyline and background are so well-developed that you can imagine each person or creature as if they were real.

Posted on Aug 8, 2010, 11:19:58 AM PDT
I. Hamilton says:
Baldur's Gate 2.....nothing has ever even come close to it.

Posted on Aug 8, 2010, 12:54:54 PM PDT
Uncharted 2

Posted on Aug 8, 2010, 6:18:39 PM PDT
Technosapien says:
FFXII
FFVII
FFXIII
persona 3
suikoden 5

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2010, 8:37:01 PM PDT
You can't really bash a person for their opinion its opinion based so what if they love mw2 why is that such a bad thing?
With that being said iloved ocarina of time but I think demon's souls is the best so far to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2010, 11:04:20 AM PDT
Ace says:
I agree, still have my copy and the Nintendo Power magazine guide. It is my best game ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2010, 11:05:37 AM PDT
Ace says:
It was my number 2, close behind Final Fantasy on the NES.

Posted on Aug 13, 2010, 3:02:33 PM PDT
diablo 2 hands down!

i have played others but still go back to that game when i can. endless fun... each play thru is different and the items are random... its like a new game everytime i play. good classic story and hack and slach game play is always fun.

i have other games i play alot but nothing has replaced diablo 2 in my heart... maybe d3 will but we shall see

Posted on Aug 20, 2010, 9:45:20 AM PDT
R. Cottrell says:
Wow tough question there are so many great games, but I will go with Mass Effect 2.

Posted on Aug 20, 2010, 11:24:38 AM PDT
K. Gessell says:
Kingdom hearts 2.... i put it higher then the original just because it has a larger story and more items and weapons.

Posted on Aug 20, 2010, 11:30:06 AM PDT
J. Anderson says:
Man, lots of possibilities here, but the best game I have ever played was/is Civilization. That series has consumed more of my life than any other. Love some of the other mentionables here so I will give a particular shout out to X-Com and Disgaea which were two of the other games I gave significant thought to on this discussion.

Posted on Aug 20, 2010, 12:05:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2010, 12:05:47 PM PDT
So, so tough. Morrowind, Disgaea, Tetris, Suikoden 2, Half Life/Counterstrike, Wind Waker (yes Wind Waker), Wasteland .... impossible to choose. Too many years, too many memories, too many games.

Posted on Aug 20, 2010, 4:59:11 PM PDT
World of Warcraft.

Had a ton of fun exploring the world with my friends. Was blown away by the design and vibe of the game. The grind of it got old, but the first few months it came out, playing with a handful of friends was unforgettable.

Posted on Aug 21, 2010, 4:05:09 AM PDT
Xenogears for the Playstation 1. Hands down. I am a big time FFVII fan as well but Xenogears' story was epic. Plus the battle system was unique for it's time and IMO better then the ATB system. Both were awesome RPG's but Xenogears takes the cake for me :)

Posted on Aug 21, 2010, 3:59:33 PM PDT
lrockdix says:
oblivion!

Posted on Aug 21, 2010, 5:05:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2010, 5:09:18 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
i'd have to say FFXI and possibly soon to be FFXIV when it comes out. just by looking at the gameplay vids (even tho it's being played with german commentary) of FFXIV it's gonna be even better than FFXI and the game experience will probably be better too.

Posted on Aug 21, 2010, 7:37:38 PM PDT
Wow, lot of great reminders here. Gotta go with Morrowind, though.

(When I saw the package for Morrowind I thought, "Self, we can never get this game. It would be too awesome and take too much time." So what happens? It comes free with my video card. *headdesk* And there went a few years of my life! Bought all the expansions too...)

Posted on Aug 22, 2010, 7:53:04 AM PDT
Geo says:
Ninja Gaiden 2, that's the best game I ever played. Hard as hell, nice music, awesome cutscenes for the time. You gotta love it. Played it on the NES like 1000 times then its remake for SNES OMG!!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2010, 10:14:48 AM PDT
F. Bluemel says:
-> KOTOR

Posted on Aug 22, 2010, 10:31:26 AM PDT
Super Metroid

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2010, 10:43:49 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Aug 22, 2010, 5:59:02 PM PDT
This thread makes me sad. Perhaps I misread the original post, but I don't believe it specified video games. There is no mention of anything other than a video game. I guess it is a sign of the times, but certainly a troubling one to be sure. People prefer to stare at a box rather than interact with each other. Some of my most favorite times come from playing pen and paper RPGs and board games with other flesh-and-blood human beings sitting at the table with me. Am I just getting old?? (38)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  529
Total posts:  637
Initial post:  May 20, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers