Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > RPG forum

What was absolute best game you've ever played? CHOOSE ONLY ONE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 476-500 of 637 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 5, 2012, 11:53:09 AM PST
Mr. Anchovy says:
I agree with FFVII.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012, 12:28:37 PM PST
Evang2 says:
Does anyone remember how good Hero's Quest 1 and 2 were by Sierra?

Posted on Jan 6, 2012, 11:14:48 AM PST
If I had to choose just one, Chrono Trigger. Best Console RPG EVAR!!! I could play that game until the end of time and never get bored.

Posted on Jan 6, 2012, 11:33:22 AM PST
GTA IV
NHL 10
COD 4

Posted on Jan 13, 2012, 9:31:46 AM PST
Barb H. says:
I will have to go with Everquest because out of all of the many, many games from various different genres, that was the first one that truly made me a gamer and I stuck with it for over 5 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012, 9:40:21 AM PST
Shrapnel says:
whoa man, I played this on the C64...I remember this game having features that were unheard of at that time:
- persistent world: couldnt try stuff out and reload later, all decisions were final
- multiple quest options
It was like the bards tale meets Max Max, awesome awesome game

Posted on Jan 13, 2012, 10:12:53 AM PST
Abcat says:
FFX. I was thinking of stating FF7, but the characters and the mini games in FFX still to this day make me wish I still had a PS2 and the game. I was really happy to hear there is going to be a HD version released for the PS3 and the Vita.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012, 11:11:52 AM PST
Mother 2 (Earthbound)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012, 11:17:07 AM PST
I loved that game. Great choice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012, 1:04:19 PM PST
EliteLamo says:
wow man such good memories. just incredible Wolf, keep that forever. I remember a game, one of the first simulations I got into, would sneak downstairs at 3 4am, to play this, it was like a drug, was called Red Storm Rising, Clancy named game, bright red floppy, do you remember it? Thanks for the walk down memory lane, regardless.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012, 1:05:07 PM PST
EliteLamo says:
EBL: Hell yes, he was bad @#%%, one of my favs in the series for certain

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012, 1:06:24 PM PST
EliteLamo says:
wow dude, I actually have that same map somewhere in epic condition too, save my own handwriting hahahaha, too funny man, just too funny...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012, 1:07:00 PM PST
EliteLamo says:
Final Fantasy 6 was amazing.........

Posted on Jan 14, 2012, 1:52:34 AM PST
Legend of Dragoon is the best game in my opinion.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012, 9:26:33 AM PST
Charles says:
If allowed to choose more than one I would say Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7 for the Playstation 1 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for Sega Genesis but since only one is allowed Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for me. :)

Posted on Jan 14, 2012, 9:55:35 AM PST
Definitely Chrono Trigger. It had everything that a game needs to be perfect. Great music, iconic characters, amazing level design, super gameplay. For me, there will never be another game that could even come close.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012, 12:06:05 PM PST
AD&D 1st Edition.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012, 9:59:51 PM PST
The best game i ever played is Final Fantasy 7. It's so good that it almost tainted any future FF title by comparison. I loved FF8, but no game has had me so wrapped up that i lost sleep like that one. Honorable mentions....Metal Gear Solid and Goldeneye. Gotta love those.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012, 10:45:20 PM PST
J. Raymond says:
The legend of Zelda the original for the NES. Everything in that game was special. Just looking at it when my dad bought it for me in 1987...the gold box, the gold cartridge inside that little window on the carton...

Posted on Jan 15, 2012, 12:17:23 PM PST
Cam says:
Half Life 2.
Bar none, it was so amazing. It was like watching Star Wars for the first time.
It made me realize games are art.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012, 3:45:01 PM PST
M. Mitchell says:
The Ultima Role Playing Games by Richard Garriot! Ultima I- IV

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 7:15:43 AM PST
Metal Gear Solid 4

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 8:51:20 AM PST
Mrs. Jones says:
I would have to say FFIII for SNES. But close seconds would definitely be Chrono Trigger, Lufia and the Fortress of Doom and Lunar: Silver Star. I am a sucker for the old games. I have to say no current game that I've played has come close to the fanatastic stories, beautiful haunting music, rich characters....I'm feeling nostalgic. LOL The only game recently that I've played that came close to hooking me in like the old times was The Last Remnant. I know a lot of people said it was a horrible game but I really enjoyed it.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 8:52:50 AM PST
Mrs. Jones says:
OMG I forgot Secret of Mana!!! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2012, 10:26:06 PM PST
Facelord says:
Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite FF game, Star Fox is my favorite SNES game and Morrowind is the "official" greatest game ever made... that I've only played a few hours of and have had issues with getting to run with graphical update mods. Phooey. Lumines is my favorite puzzle game ever and Ninja Gaiden takes the cake as my favorite action game, my favorite adventure game is Psychonauts, my favorite horror game is Amnesia: The Dark Descent and I'm really enjoying Arkham Asylum and City.

My personal favorite game at the end of the day is Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, though. It's such a wonderful game. ;_;
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  529
Total posts:  637
Initial post:  May 20, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers