Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Running forum

My first half marathon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2011, 9:10:35 AM PDT
LT Beasimer says:
I've started training for a half marathon while recovering from a broken ankle. At this point, I'm walking at 13.46 mpm. I normally cycle, so what sort of tools should I consider purchasing

Posted on May 24, 2011, 1:41:40 PM PDT
Chandler says:
Have you looked at the Proform 995 or any other machine that works with ifit? You can access google maps on it and actually map out the exact route you will be running...let's say that its around Central Park just for a hypothetical. You use your mouse or finger to draw that map on google maps then it will not only give you a street view as though you are running it when you are on the treadmill, but it will create the EXACT match of the topography on the map by automatically adjusting the incline as you run. For example, I mapped out a route right by my house which is by a very steep hill and not only passed by my house on the map but the incline adjusted so I was running the hill.

This would give you the advantage of training with the actual route you will be running.

Or you can just be silly and run the streets of Paris past the shops like I do to switch things up. :-)

But I don't know if you meant a big purchase like that.

If you have an iphone there are all kinds of great running apps as well; some of which are free if you just search them on the app store site.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011, 12:48:59 PM PDT
LT Beasimer says:
I'm using the Nike+ GPS iPhone app. I don't have clearance to actually run yet, but have been walking close to 3 miles at a time. The latest treadmill technology sounds great, but that is more than I'm wanting to spend. I'm really looking for the basics I need to consider for training and participating in the event.

Posted on Oct 7, 2011, 10:27:45 AM PDT
Adam Beltz says:
injinji toe socks for blisters
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Running forum (38 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
interval timer 9 Apr 26, 2016
Best GPS watch 41 Apr 29, 2013
What type of runner are you? 6 Jan 29, 2013
Barefoot Running 32 Jan 27, 2013
Compression running tights. 8 Jan 27, 2013
Vibram alternatives? 2 Jan 27, 2013
GPS Watch that will work in Europe? 0 Apr 27, 2012
What is your favorite running music and why? 18 Oct 8, 2011
My first half marathon 3 Oct 7, 2011
Good sprint shoe for a young runner? 0 Mar 24, 2011
Garmin 110 vs. 405? 17 Feb 19, 2011
After the Last PR 0 Jan 20, 2011

This discussion

Discussion in:  Running forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 23, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.