Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Science forum

Genetic tests have disproven the Out of Africa theory of humans

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 46 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 8:33:15 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 8:49:09 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:04:37 PM PST
could you say it in english in less than one screen

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:19:47 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 8:49:14 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:20:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 9:23:13 PM PST
Doctor Who says:
I will ask again, do you have a peer reviewed paper?

The database that is listed is not credible or peer-reviewed. It is noted for unethical practices, spamming academics about its journals, and other deceitful tactics. The one of the Journals also accepted a paper written by a random text generator and was only withheld from publication because the author did not pay the $500 fee.[6]

The authors also do not appear to be affiliated with any University. Anatole A. Klyosov is a chemist, not a geneticist.[7]

Literature search for "human evolution" yields the following:

"An analysis of heterozygosity versus genetic distance suggests that African populations have had a larger effective population size than non-African populations. Overall, these results support the African origin of modern humans in that an earlier expansion of the ancestors of African populations is indicated."[1]

"Many important hominid-bearing fossil localities in East Africa are in regions that are extremely hot and dry."[2]

"Africa is the birthplace of modern humans, and is the source of the geographic expansion of ancestral populations into other regions of the world."[3]

"Modern humans evolved in Africa around 200 thousand years ago (kya), and have lived continuously on the African continent longer than in any other geographic region."[3]

"Our species, Homo sapiens, is highly autapomorphic (uniquely derived) among hominids in the structure of its skull and postcranial skeleton. It is also sharply distinguished from other organisms by its unique symbolic mode of cognition. The fossil and archaeological records combine to show fairly clearly that our physical and cognitive attributes both first appeared in Africa, but at different times."[4]

"This extremely low number strongly suggests an almost complete sterility between Neanderthal females and modern human males, implying that the two populations were probably distinct biological species." [5]

Search for any origins not in Africa:

(zilch, there are none in the scientific literature. At least none that are readily accessible. I limited my search to papers published since 09 for both categories)

Conclusion:
There is no scientifically accepted alternative to an African origin of humanity. The scientific community is fairly settled on the point of an African origin. All the papers do is present minor findings that provide clarity to, but do not change, an out of Africa model.

[1] http://genome.cshlp.org/content/7/11/1061.short
[2] http://www.pnas.org/content/107/25/11245.short
[3] http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S096098220902065X
[4] http://www.pnas.org/content/106/38/16018.short
[5] http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pbio.0020421

[6] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_Research_Publishing
[7] http://aklyosov.home.comcast.net/~aklyosov/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:22:07 PM PST
thanks

of course some came via ufo

and the garden of eden was not in africa

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 9:39:05 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 8:46:54 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 10:43:25 PM PST
Re Forests, above: Your "evidence" is garbage. Doctor Who, as usual, has it exactly right.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 12:52:43 AM PST
SinSeeker says:
Having participated in the Genographic Project (both 1.0 and 2.0), I highly recommend it as a credible and informative source of the latest research regarding our origins. Six hundred thousand people have been involved in the project to date.

Details at: https://genographic.nationalgeographic.com/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 2:46:50 AM PST
Re SinSeeker, above: I checked out the site. Interesting stuff -- but apparently lacking the demographic information which would be germane to this thread. Anyone with curiosity about his origins (and an extra $200) would find this interesting.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:43:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 8:47:01 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:28:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 7:30:10 AM PST
JR Fleming says:
Gee Forests didn't you claim only 30 people have been involve/tested in your other OOA thread?

Edit: Here is your post,

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 6:36:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author 50 minutes ago

Forests says:

A Reader from "Frisco Beach" can you explain to why you think every single person in the world has come from Africa, there is no evidence to prove this. Have they taken the DNA of every single person in the world and traced it back to Africa? No. You will find that the "DNA evidence" for the OOA is a hoax, they have done these tests on samples less than 30 people. Go and take the DNA of some eskimos and native americans etc, they will not be related to Africa. but of course nobody will do that, becuase the OOA is a hoax.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 7:42:42 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 8:47:05 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:29:13 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
One thread of your babbling on this subject isn't enough for you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:33:21 AM PST
who recorded those people ?

is there a list of their names and addresses ??

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:37:34 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
I followed the NatGeo links to this article on the earliest mogration out of East Africa.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15565654

Not only do they push that migration back to 60-70,000 years, but through extensive genomic testing have determined that the first migrants took a southern route along the coast of the Arabian Peninsula to South Asia and into Oceana/Australia. And far from testing only 30 individuals, genomic testing for the project has included over 500,000 individuals around the globe which provides an excellent representative sample. Forests, do you know what a "representative sample" means? I have a feeling you don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:39:42 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
No, you scientifically challenged idiot. You DO NOT have to test every single living person. You have to test a representative sample from around the globe.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:41:14 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
So the Genome Project is deliberately lying about their methods and results? You think there is a nefarious plot?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 8:55:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 9:04:20 AM PST
SK

Forests had been much too honest on the other thread; s/he'd let much too much of his/her racist attitudes slip out. S/He deleted most of the offensive posts, but others remember them. S/He figured that in a new thread, people might forget his/her prejudices. (Let's face it, the masculine pronouns are probably the correct ones, but I won't presume yet...)

Edit: Uh-oh, maybe it's a nefarious plot by those Evil Jews to control the world. After all, it was Forests who posted THIS link on the other thread (warning: foul language; disgusting, racist, anti-semitic cr*p):
http://incogman.net/03/2010/i-killed-them-because-they-were-white/

S Kessler is exactly right. You DO NOT have to test the DNA of every person to determine their origins. You are not just scientifically challenged, you are challenged in nearly every important way.

The OOA migration occurred especially between 60 & 70 Kya - after Toba. The genetic, geologic & anthropologic data all support this.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:01:38 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 31, 2013 10:25:23 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:13:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 9:14:52 AM PST
Forests

Everyone agrees there were problems with the over-simplified "Mitochondrial Eve" study. These criticisms do NOTHING to refute the general truth of the OOA Theory. And the "Eve" study was NOT any kind of deliberate hoax, it was a genuine attempt to learn something about our past.

Then you come out with your prejudiced nonsense:
"Let me tell you something, if they did dna [sic] sample from me, my dna would NOT trace back to Africa."

Oh, I get it! You're an alien! What, are you from Krypton before it was destroyed? Maybe Vulcan? Or a more distant world, somewhere in the Delta Quadrant? Or even Tatooine? Come on, fess up! (Edit: I'm sure the Dagoba System, Yoda's home, would be WAY too much like that primitive African jungle. You CAN'T be from there...)

No matter how many times, on how many threads, you repeat your idi0tic blather, it just isn't true. You're African. Deal with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:20:30 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 9, 2013 11:55:02 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:34:25 AM PST
Doctor Who says:
No you do not. Science proves ideas wrong, not right. With over 6,000 confirming data points, it is over whelming evidence. You just need to find the contradiction. However, since these data points are from many different ethnic groups, a single "white" origin distinct from the "black" one is completely falsified.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:41:45 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
You're not a Europeoid, Forests, you are a genuine sickoid.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 9:49:55 AM PST
Rev Otter says:
<<It is clear now you are a black man [stops reading] >>

aaaaaand ignored.

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 9:53:27 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 28, 2013 8:47:20 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions