Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen
Customer Discussions > Science forum

Genome sequencing leaves Creationists unable to respond

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 170 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 11:14:48 PM PDT
Sceptic says:
Come on tell us your qualifications.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 11:15:16 PM PDT
M.El-H: "most holders of doctorate degrees do not go around discussion fora flashing their diplomas, which amounts to childish narcissism. "
----------------
Quite right, Mohamed!

N.Hunt, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.

M.El-H: "You also do not see Christopher Haynes bragging about his direct links to Jesus because all that counts is his stunning logic that paralyzes the hearts, and captivates the souls. "
---------------
Now, that's funny!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 11:26:33 PM PDT
Sceptic says:
As I explained earlier, my title and real name was put on by me when I filled in the fields my first time. I would use a pseudonym in future
P

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 11:29:54 PM PDT
And my response to El-Hewie was tongue-in-cheek, as evidenced by my degree list ;)

You can change your screen name at any time in your profile.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 11:37:29 PM PDT
Sceptic says:
Done!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2012, 11:39:46 PM PDT
Sceptic says:
By the sound of some beings in this post, we do have chimp human chimeras.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 4:58:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2012, 5:01:40 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 5:03:52 AM PDT
Bubba says:
We now have proof that creationists are simply unable to respond coherently when presented with the evidence.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 5:05:54 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 5:20:32 AM PDT
David Félix says:
"I viewed holders of academic doctorates and lesser graduate diplomas as misguided, brain-washed, close-minded losers. Most of those die or get sick at young age from diabetes, heart disease, divorce, you name it."

Any evidence that "most [holders of academic doctorates and lesser graduate diplomas] die or get sick at young age from diabetes, heart disease, divorce, you name it."?

How do you die from divorce, anyway?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 5:43:05 AM PDT
"Not much dif between humans and chimps?"

I never suggested there was not much difference btw humans and chimps. And what you posted is not in conflict with what I posted, so I don't see your point. You appear to be arguing with a straw man.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 6:10:10 AM PDT
noman says:
RE: MFEH says: "I viewed holders of academic doctorates and lesser graduate diplomas as misguided, brain-washed, close-minded losers. Most of those die or get sick at young age from diabetes, heart disease, divorce, you name it. They worshipped the diploma, become detached from reality; sank into the same dark holes of retarded creationists, religionists."

TRANSLATION: People with an education are mean and scary. They use big words I can't understand and they *cheat*! They used logic, evidence and research to show I'm wrong. Those big meanies.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 6:11:21 AM PDT
noman says:
RE: "Dr. Paul S. J. Smith says:
By the sound of some beings in this post, we do have chimp human chimeras."

**Highly insulting to apes everywhere.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 7:55:55 AM PDT
Here is link to the original paper on the chimp genome with comparisons to the human genome. You can probably find answers to some of your questions here: http://www.genome.gov/Pages/Research/DIR/Chimp_Analysis.pdf

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 12:43:42 PM PDT
My only true "debate" with MFEH was when he was arguing that Solar neutrinos were heating up the Earth's core (like in the 2012 movie). I'll defer to his knowledge of fitness, if he defers to real science, and not his made-up variety.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 2:55:01 PM PDT
Sceptic says:
Fair enough!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 4:17:35 PM PDT
David: "How do you die from divorce, anyway?"

I think that's common practice in places like Iran.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stoning_of_Soraya_M.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 4:20:15 PM PDT
Hewie: "I did the goodmorning-squat jump at the age of 18 with 315 pounds... At the age of 45, I did two knee surgeries..."

Uh-huh....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 4:35:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 17, 2012, 4:41:46 PM PDT
noman, from abstract of 2005 Gene paper prior to the publication of the chimp genome sequence: "However, if one looks at proteins, which are mainly responsible for phenotypic differences, the picture is quite different, and about 80% of proteins are different between the two species."

Actually, the fraction of identical proteins between the two species is 29%. The average chimp protein differs from its human counterpart by only one amino acid. It now seems likely that most of the meaningful differences between these species is to be found in the control regions of genes, not the protein-coding regions.

http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB144.html

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 8:04:08 PM PDT
noman says:
RE: MFEH says:"...I did the goodmorning-squat jump at the age of 18 with 315 pounds, fell in love of Olympic weightlifting to the most that God gave me...."

**God loves Chimpanzees more than he loves you, using those criteria.

" In 1924, the Bronx Zoo tested the relative strength of a 165-pound man against a 165-pound chimpanzee. Using a dynamometer, which measures strength by the force of a pull on a spring, the man was able to pull 210 pounds. The chimp, on the other hand, pulled almost 900.

The lesson: Don't mess with the apes. Pound for pound, chimpanzees are about five times stronger than humans. In fact, a human is no match for a chimpanzee, regardless of age or sex. In the same Bronx experiment, a 135-pound female chimp pulled a whopping 1,260 pounds. Scientists also estimate that, by the tender age of five, young chimpanzees are already stronger than adult humans."

http://blogcritics.org/scitech/article/q-how-much-stronger-than-humans/

SUMMARY: An average 135 lb female chimp can do a good morning squat jump holding Mohamed holding his puny 315 lbs. Assuming she didn't simply pull off his arms and legs.Chimps are excitable. And an Indian Elephant could lift the Chimp,holding Mohamed,holding his puny weights and carry another 300 kg (at least).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 8:18:07 PM PDT
S. Friedman says:
noman,
But it all balances out. What God didn't give him in chimp strength was offset with the addition of chimp intelligence.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 10:47:03 PM PDT
Sceptic says:
There is degeneracy in the DNA code anyway and often 1 amino acid difference is not altogether significant;but it depends what you are looking at and why.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012, 10:49:12 PM PDT
nonsense

read some real science
http://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/at-work/test-and-measurement/re-imagining-our-genes-encode-project-reveals-genome-as-an-information-processing-system

Posted on Oct 18, 2012, 4:52:29 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
Yup, evolution is fascinating stuff, isn't it? Thanks for the link.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012, 6:22:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2012, 6:26:22 AM PDT
noman wrote:

"God loves Chimpanzees more than he loves you, using those criteria."
========================================
You have no way of proving that, yet I need not prove that God loves me more because I could post on amazon, ridicule all chimps, and no single chimp could do a damn about it. There is no chimp Ayiatallaha who could issue a fatwa against me objection to chimps as our closest cousins.

noman wrote:

"SUMMARY: An average 135 lb female chimp can do a good morning squat jump holding Mohamed holding his puny 315 lbs. Assuming she didn't simply pull off his arms and legs.Chimps are excitable. And an Indian Elephant could lift the Chimp,holding Mohamed,holding his puny weights and carry another 300 kg (at least). "
==========================

Single variate systems with strength limited to strict body parts and in the absence of intricate CNS, cannot rise to the functional level of multivariate systems where bodily fitness combined with CNS superiority render high intelligence life.

You discussed issues related to God, Mohamed, Chimp, elephant, and forgot about your own lost soul.

Mohamed F. El-Hewie
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Expanding universe question. 6 8 hours ago
Archaeology Plus Other Fohrbidden Sciences. 2274 11 hours ago
Global warming is the most serious problem of our generation, part 4 (reboot) 9675 15 hours ago
If you buy a Refurbished electronics item should you be required to be informed what was done to Refurbished it, IF anything? 13 1 day ago
Is this common knowledge? 1 1 day ago
Solar Panels from China too cheap, tariffs needed? 3 1 day ago
Zero waste amazon 21 1 day ago
She went to the hospital, and they sent her home! 10 2 days ago
California Braces for Unending Drought 183 2 days ago
Sounds good, but where's the beef? (Too good to be true?) 0 3 days ago
Right, got to get to Mars! More waste of taxpayer monies. 33 3 days ago
there are only 2 genders 14 4 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  170
Initial post:  Oct 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer