Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Science forum

was the moon landing real or fake, and why?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2751-2775 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 20, 2012 5:25:33 PM PDT
Alright, I'm calling it.

Iruri's "infallible damning evidence" is going to be that picture of the Apollo 16 LM ascent stage with the damaged thermal insulation blankets over the After Equipment Bay. We'll explain to him in detail how they're just thermal blankets, the fact that they're not actually part of the spacecraft's structure, or the fact that part of the spacecraft wasn't pressurized and was actually outside the crew cabin. And he'll respond with "PWNED! THE LEM WAS MADE OF CARDBOARD! I WINNER!"

Right?

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 7:24:22 PM PDT
Christopher:
Yeah, but who's he harming? All he does is display himself as a fool in the face of informed and educated people.
We learned way back a year or so ago that he's just an aging man who's retired from some boring and useless job. Now he's latched on to something to make himself feel important and worthy. The way he talks about our astronauts shows him as a jealous weakling.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 10:51:05 PM PDT
Lj3d says:
iruri says: Thank You Lj3d, I'm going to take your idea and broadcast my Daming Information to the media that will give it the respect and consideration it deserves. This information provided by nasa itself. Thank You nasa, for providing me with the information needed to show that apollo was Faked.

Lj3d: Fair enough. In fact, when you alert the media, why not post it here as well so we won't miss it. I find it interesting the media, which is supposedly part of the conspiracy...would give your release the respect it deserves but in any case, have at it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 10:59:17 PM PDT
iruri says:
That was a good guess, but that isn't it. You will know soon enough.

Posted on May 20, 2012 11:05:04 PM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
iruri says: You will know soon enough.

Drum roll please? BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.........................................

In reply to an earlier post on May 20, 2012 11:08:37 PM PDT
Lj3d says:
Huh, uh...oh. I was asleep, er...I mean holding my breath anxiously awaiting the big announcement!

Posted on May 21, 2012 12:03:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2012 12:03:57 AM PDT
Yog-Sothoth says:
I'm expecting to hear the "suspense crescendo", "dum-dum-DUUUUMMMM!" any minute now...

Posted on May 21, 2012 12:04:15 AM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
Don't hold your breath Lj, you will asphyxiate by the time he gets his exreta together.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 12:06:00 AM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
The cymbol clash is the bit to stay around for Yog. In the mean time I have better things to do.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 12:07:07 AM PDT
Lj3d says:
I'll try not to. But its really really tough. Especially when I have to spend hours putting a look of shock on my face. I usually go for the Jack Nicholson Joker look if I can lol.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 12:54:33 AM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
I may go for something less subtle, like a toon from Roger Rabbit.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 1:11:54 AM PDT
Lj3d says:
Lol, There ya go. Maybe Buzz Light Year in Roger Rabbit style.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2012 7:28:06 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
Exact date and time, please, iruri. We've seen "announcements" like this before, and somehow the promised evidence was never actually presented.

Posted on May 21, 2012 11:00:20 PM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
Tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...ti.....oh nevermind.

Posted on May 23, 2012 5:07:12 PM PDT
iruri says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 5:16:29 PM PDT
Plenty of items in museums have turned out to be counterfeits, substituted somewhere along the line. Is it really that shocking that someone stole a moon rock and put something in it's place??

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 5:21:20 PM PDT
real

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:02:16 PM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
That's it? A fake moon rock switched by some unknown identity is your earth shattering proof that the landings were faked?

Ahahahhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhahhhhaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh( help,,, someone call a paramedic ) Ahhhhaaaaahhhhhhh.........

Posted on May 23, 2012 7:13:39 PM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
But on a serious note, it should be pointed out to iruri that this 'news' is as old as August 2009 so it is not exactly earth shattering or even new, and not even the parties involved know exactly the history of this specimen between when it was given to the Dutch PM, and when it was given to the museum.

Bhah..hahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. MAJOR FAILURE iruri!

Posted on May 23, 2012 11:03:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2012 11:03:43 PM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
On a more fascinating note, and iruri should simply do us a favour and ignore this, Oh, that's right he does ignore me anyway.
Little known fact is that Neil Armstrongs dad was an auditor, and on that basis CPA Australia,( Certified Practicing Accountants) has secured a four part interview with Armstrong and it is posted on the internet. Check it out. Google thebottomline.cpaaustralia.com.au Great to hear that Armstrong is still an active 81 year old, and his recollections are priceless.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2012 11:58:04 PM PDT
Lj3d says:
iruri says:
Fake Dutch 'moon rock' revealed
A treasured piece at the Dutch national museum - a supposed moon rock from the first manned lunar landing - is nothing more than petrified wood, curators say.

It was given to former Prime Minister Willem Drees during a goodwill tour by the three Apollo-11 astronauts shortly after their moon mission in 1969.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32581790/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/moon-rock-museum-just-petrified-wood/#.T717WEV8Dgs

Lj3d: Please tell me this isn't the big announcement you promised. Tell me this is what it appears to be. Yet another link to old news that proves nothing. If this is the big announcement...all I can say is, I'm not surprised or impressed.

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:02:03 AM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
Surely this was just another random drive-by posting, Iruri, and not your Big Announcement, right?

Please tell us the big one is still forthcoming... because this one's about as impressive as a wet firecracker.

Posted on May 24, 2012 1:03:13 PM PDT
A live Grand Slam bomb was unknowingly displayed at the gate to RAF Scampton for over a decade before anyone realized that the 22,000 pound high-explosive bomb WASN'T a replica.

If that fake moon rock is a smoking gun, then a real Grand Slam thought to be a dummy for 10 years must mean that World War II was a hoax.

Posted on May 26, 2012 1:47:42 AM PDT
Wolfgirv says:
In the meantime, spaceX has achieved success, with a little help from NASA, and iruri is still persisting with his smartarz responses on his feedback reviews forum. This time he has dredged up the circuit breaker switch story where Buzz 'saved the day' and they just turned the key at blasted off from tranquillity base without any pre-lauch checks list.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 2:11:59 AM PDT
Lj3d says:
I just looked at a review of his where he says he has looked at a lot of videos. He fails to point out they are all youtube LHA uploads and as such, are edited.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Creationists ask....Is this the End for Big Physics? 115 49 minutes ago
Atheist Scientists and the Lunatic Infinite Multivers 0 1 hour ago
Don't eat produce from any Portland school garden, officials warn 13 3 hours ago
Will Virgin Galactic ever get off the ground with paid flights? Would you sign up to go? 32 5 hours ago
Of God and Dice: Quotes from Eminent Scientists Supporting a Creator 21 6 hours ago
Why relativity and quantum physics will be obsolete? 23 9 hours ago
spherical earth vs. flat earth 4799 9 hours ago
Jazz 4 U [hot & cool]. 10 10 hours ago
Archaeology Plus Other Fohrbidden Sciences. 1063 15 hours ago
Limericks-sort of? 106 23 hours ago
Global warming is the most serious problem of our generation, part 4 (reboot) 6947 1 day ago
What Are The Prospects For A Quickly Developed Zika Virus Vaccine? 7 1 day ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  219
Total posts:  5500
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 1, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions