Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Science forum

Human population soon to explode

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 127 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 30, 2011 12:17:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2011 9:36:30 AM PDT
Seeker says:
Gender is influenced by the acidity in the male and female parent. If the body is alkaline, the male sperm is more likely to survive, and as a result of its superior motility, will tend to be more successful. If the body is acid, the female spermis more likely to survive. A more acid environment favors sperm that is more long lasting, thus female sperm have a greater survival.

As CO2 accumulates in the atmosphere, it influences our bodies. Mammals gain acidity. This means that there will be greater numbers of female offspring. With greater numbers of females, populations explode. With exploding populations, greater amounts of CO2 will be produced. It is a self perpetuating cycle.

edit: I give up. It seems that this science is too new to be understood by most. It also seems that most would rather make assumptions (that CO2 is the ONLY factor in gender outcome) or intentionally misunderstand for the purposes of humor. Fine, live in ignorance......

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 12:30:06 PM PDT
Nonsense.

A bunch of conjecture based on dubious premises.

JL

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 1:21:44 PM PDT
Seeker says:
Proven valid in studies of mammals exposed to greater concentrations of CO2.

More female births.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 1:37:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2011 1:48:56 PM PDT
First of all -how high a level of CO2? What kinds of mammals?
Second - Why must more female births translate into a population explosion? Esp given the fact that two of the most populated nations (India and China) both practice sex-selective abortion biased against females...

BTW, there is considerable evidence that CO2 levels have been much higher during certain periods in the past. If this "Higher CO2 >More Females> Expanding Population> Higher CO2> More Females ..." cycle is perpetual, why don't we see the necessarily inevitable effects of that perpetual cycle now?

EDIT: I did a brief google search, but couldn't find any of the studies you cite. Gotta link?

JL

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 1:39:45 PM PDT
Ku says:
Think of the planet as a pan and humans as corn.

As the planet heats up, the pan gets hot, so to speak, and the corn turns into popcorn.

This is known as the Popcorn Theory and will increase the mass of mankind multifold.

It's very worrying.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 1:46:14 PM PDT
Is that why so many people look so big and fat nowadays?

All this time I thought it was from people stuffing their faces, but now I find out that it's really because it's got so hot and stuffy lately...

JL

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 1:50:36 PM PDT
Ku says:
That's the Piehole Theory.

It was debunked by a dude who said that what goes in must come out. There's equilibrium.

I didn't know about that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 1:51:49 PM PDT
freedom4all says:
No Ku as the Oceans become hotter then boil the lobster and shrimp will be cooked and float to the surface. Cold beer will be served and we'll all eat real good for awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 1:58:39 PM PDT
Ku says:
Yeah, and then somebody will say 'hey, it's getting kinda sticky in here. Like a greenhouse. Open the window and let's get some fresh air from outer space'.

And then somebody else will be, like, uh-oh, there's no air out there. We only got one atmosphere. This is the worst party ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 2:16:53 PM PDT
Seeker says:
Why must more female births translate into a population explosion? Esp given the fact that two of the most populated nations (India and China) both practice sex-selective abortion biased against females...

India has a much higher birth rate than average. That is why they have a large population. So has China in the past. Now they practice birth control as a country, and will reap the consequences soon, as the population ages. An example of how females control population: consider if you had ten male cats, and one female. the next generation would be only what that one female produced in one litter. If you had ten females and one male, you would have ten times as many in the next generation. If you want to control population, you have to control the breeding females.

In the past episodes of higher CO2, there probably were higher numbers of females born. But the survival expectations weren't even close to as high as the present.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 2:22:55 PM PDT
That's nice, what with all the nice kitties and everything, but where's the link?

JL

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2011 2:25:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2011 2:26:04 PM PDT
Seeker says:
The only thing I've found recently was a short article on CO2 as it relates to brain activity in one of the recent Discover magazines. It made reference to the connection between CO2 and acidity. Otherwise this is too new to be published as yet.

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 4:38:53 PM PDT
Wow, a whole lotta armchair science in this thread

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 9:01:11 AM PDT
Seeker says:
I would guess that means you don't understand it............

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 9:27:49 AM PDT
Seeker says:
If you are really interested, you might try googling gender selection by diet.........the most readily available way to influence your acidity levels before conception. Then it isn't much of a stretch to understand the whole theory.........

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 9:47:14 AM PDT
<<it isn't much of a stretch to understand the whole theory>>

That's true, but I think it's specifically because your "theory" is so simple that people are reluctant to credit it with much predictive capacity. There are just tons of other factors influencing population, some of them in exactly the opposite way you suggest.

For example, increases in relative power of women vs men in a society correlate with a host of interrelated factors such as increased use of contraception, longer time to first conception (ie earliest age of motherhood), and increased societal affluence. All of those correlate with diminished population growth. And it follows rather simply that if a greater portion of the population is women (ie if men are a minority) then women as a group will have greater relative power. And yet the fact that this all follows rather simply simply doesn't mean it's a solid way to predict the future.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 9:53:19 AM PDT
Seeker says:
Your point is well taken. How many women as a percentage of total population are involved in that "societal affluence"? I would posit that there are much greater numbers of women by a percentage of population that are not influenced by your examples, than are.......Even within affluent countries.......

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 10:04:00 AM PDT
I'm not sure what you're asking. I can, however, clarify that my asserted relationship between female power and social outcomes is a commonly cited fact regarding development in Africa. The relationship is not confined to high-income demographics.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=women+africa+development

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2011 10:09:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2011 10:11:44 AM PDT
Seeker says:
Africa does seem to be empowering women in amazing ways. Maybe because the men are busy killing each other off. But that is only conjecture.........

Sure, your example of societal influences has a bearing on the final analysis. I just point out that although there is an increasing percentage of women using birth control, and choosing options, there are still more that are caught in the natural cycles............for whatever reason.

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 2:56:14 PM PDT
Seeker says:
Well, I give you something that is valid and concerning, not yet corrupted by the God theory, and purely scientific in nature, and it is ignored..........serves me right for trying to bring something worthy into a science forum.........

Posted on Aug 31, 2011 4:09:40 PM PDT
freedom4all says:
If the human population explodes, what animals would feast on the gory remains?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2011 10:05:35 AM PDT
Seeker says:
Did you know that horses and elephants eat meat? Several of the so-called herbivores have been shown to indulge if it is available...........

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2011 11:49:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2011 12:56:30 PM PDT
LDV,

Does that mean we'll explode collectively, or as individuals? You know: all at once or serially? Maybe those suicide bombers are simply the leading edge?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 1, 2011 2:48:04 PM PDT
Seeker says:
IT'S THE RAPTURE...............DUCK!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2011 10:44:04 AM PDT
LDV,

Thanks for the identification. I thought it was Daffy.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Global warming is the most serious problem of our generation, part 4 (reboot) 7012 6 minutes ago
Archaeology Plus Other Fohrbidden Sciences. 1079 17 minutes ago
Science in Harmony with God 7006 33 minutes ago
spherical earth vs. flat earth 4835 41 minutes ago
ANOD4U2C. 80 1 hour ago
Quantum entanglement and the Mars Rover 49 1 hour ago
What Are The Prospects For A Quickly Developed Zika Virus Vaccine? 10 1 hour ago
See that, they can soon stop burning all that filthy diesel fuel! Get more in operation? 3 1 hour ago
Don't eat produce from any Portland school garden, officials warn 28 1 hour ago
Atheist Scientists and the Lunatic Infinite Multivers 13 3 hours ago
Back To The Beginning 1 4 hours ago
Will Virgin Galactic ever get off the ground with paid flights? Would you sign up to go? 39 16 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  127
Initial post:  Aug 30, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions