Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Self-help forum

Is it worth it to work in non-profit for little money?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 29, 2012, 7:48:55 PM PDT
Im just one man with one opinion, but it took 10 years of hard work and dedication to form my opinion. Please take the time to read my first published book if your interested in my story.
From Correctional Officer to Youth Counselor. My struggle to help others, and myself

Posted on May 1, 2012, 3:57:42 PM PDT
Miguel Zappa says:
I can proof read it for you.

Posted on May 5, 2012, 5:41:15 AM PDT
Shaiye says:
I sure hope so, since I decided that I was too burnt out to go to work last night, and was somewhat relieved with the thought that I intend to volunteer later on in the morning. I've got bills! Attorneys are not cheap, neither are hotspots.
Please understand that At this time, I do not care to divulge much more on the source of my information; nevertheless if I had been a correctional officer and decided that I wanted to change careers in order to forge a more meaningful impact in the community - mind you, this is coming from someone who is contesting the affidavit, not someone who signed it - juvenile monitoring would seem like a good way to quell that desire; only not in the optimistic sense.
One characteristic that separates me from a lot of the people that I have known that would opt to pursue an occupation in the executive branch of our nation's illustrious (in general) Executive Branch is the idealogy that above all, no one can change a person but that individual person, which I would assume sounds agreeable enough. However from my perspective, the purpose of the judicial process is to subject crime to punishment; whereby an individual is aware of the consequences when the will is met with satiation bound by law. To the contrary, many of the gentle souls of whom I have made the acquaintance, tend to posit that crime is addressed with the execution of judiciary reform. My objection to that is to suggest that judiciary reform takes place in criminology school, just as executive reform takes place in police academies and military bases. Otherwise, the use of handcuffs and cells that are only able to be opened from one side would be just as irrelevant as they are in ETHICS101, and Fort Noname; additionally the rate of repeated enrollment would have the same results.
The bottom line is, the system doesn't improve the welfare of society through a means of reform. Prisoners are not granted early release for obedience, but for the proof of renewed self-actualization - dedication to conduct as a productive member of society. The ones that straighten up for the judge are the ones that put on airs just to get out of the joint, so they can resume their chosen occupations. Likewise, adolescents in a state of rebellion absolutely will not be reformed by authority. Surely it is no unattainable frame of mind, even to a dedicated guardian of community values, to understand that in having taken a primary stance against authority, an adolescent has only chosen to rebel at the realization that the option of will is their own, whereas the previously accepted assessment held that will to the power of the guardian. So with the newfound assurance that the choice of will cannot be separated from the individual regardless of legal minority, rebellion sure to persist until the juvenile mind is convinced that his/her preference - and not elders, has determined that individuality is not posed with some threat to disprove.
Now, I can only imagine but common sense urges that as a correctional officer, it has been critical - beyond a mere likelihood to prove to those who happened to enter in acquaintance that in a battle of wills, it was they who would cecede their will to yours. It has been my understanding that along with the determination of innocence withstanding until guilt be proven, officers, though even moreso - correctional-detention-facility officers must assume for their own safety as well as the safety of others for whom an oath is sworn to protect, no individual basis is permissible, and duty requires that will be maintained - particularly, that an officer maintain strict intolerance of even slight show of will on the part of those being served in question. *But with an adolescent - a child who has only recently reached the awareness that being prohibited from displaying will is not a physical eradication of will, thereby possessing only the mere maturity for knowledge that protest against his/her will is a vice used by 'grown-ups' stuck on auto-pilot after a day's work, to evade summons of the capacity required for fair judgement of a perceivably innocent request to sleep over his/her best friend's house - and when their parents already gave their permission too! Even so, to further challenge the yet maturing capacity of an adolescent - viewing themselves as progressing into adulthood by means of the responsibility to suppress will, compared to the discovery of what will might otherwise be capable of, at the very least, the transforming child, who has been taught by loving parents to beware of others who appear to be innocent, and to unleash the all the fury that will may allow if met with opposition from others who had been presumed innocent, this young chaotic mind is prone to respond to a CDFO turned counsellor that now aims to disable willful, chaotic, aggression, with the brand-spanking new vice that has recently replaced helpless dependence.

Maybe by now you can guess that my adoescence is not terribly far behind me (I'm 24 and 11/12 - that's my regressive way of saying I'll be 25 next month - thought I'd be a little goofy) and I hope I haven't come off as pretentious by going into to so much detail (I had my first tast of Nietzsche a few hours ago - rocked my world) I haven't checked out the link to the book yet because I caught the urge to flex my literary muscles, I had to get it out while it was hot! Anywho, I like to think of myself as somewhat of a sociology buff and it seems like I have gotten to know people from various walks of life and there seems to be a bit of a pattern that happened to look like it would fit in here.
Hopefully all that typng did influence some pondering that might not not have gotten as much attention before. There is a spark of curiosity as to whether some of the characteristics I would have reasoned would be evident in the narration might just get me an A on today's real-world exam; or maybe it will teach me to stick to published works and leave the typing to the authors.
Your reply to Shaiye's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 12, 2012, 9:48:36 AM PDT
They say networking is the best thing for authors. I've had some wonderful leads in the odded places getting no money for it. Put a media kit together in a folder (your bio, media appearances, books, where to purchase them, reviews, small synopsis behind each book, the publisher and their info and all your contact locations with website and blog.
Keep it in your car, so if anyone unexpedially shows up with interest, you can pull it out.
All you info is there and they can review it or give it to another person with the decision making.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Self-help forum (422 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Self-help forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2012
Latest post:  May 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer