Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Soundtrack forum

Tron: Legacy - sale price

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 30, 2012, 2:58:17 PM PDT
Anthony G. says:
Actually, I'm still waiting, because I'm hoping that a full-edition of the score is released in the future. I really was interested in purchasing this score, even before the film's release, since, at the age of 8, I had my Mom buy me Wendy Carlos' original score. Of course, this soundtrack virtually eclipses anything she did for the 1982 film. What annoys me greatly is this new trend by record companies of intentionally omitting/segmenting the complete score, so it can be purchased in multiform ways: CD, Download, and Amazon-exclusive Download, which really gets on my nerves...honestly, it would make sense that the double disc Compact Disc version of the score (or even the double vinyl LP version as well) should have the entire score, since the CD is really a format for posterity, whereas a download is rather ephemeral and temporary...the liner notes and photography (booklet/Digital Booklet) should be most featured in the physical formats, rather than the audio-only versions (or, at least, both should feature the same work, so fans don't feel like they're being screwed). Shouldn't the customer who purchases an "actual, physical copy" of the album (meaning it had to be manufactured in a factory, employs human labor, costs more, is more durable and artistic, and helps benefit both the artists and music company) get more benefits and extras than someone who just only concerns his/herself w/ only wanting the audio, and not the entire product? This kind of thing has to stop.

It's really disconcerting to find that you could be missing tracks, liner notes, or additional artwork because you wanted the work in a physical, classic format. It really reveals the "business aspect" to purchasing/owning music, which is something you never want the buying public to think about.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2012, 12:01:51 AM PDT
J. Sheer says:
yeah you are also missing the 9 additional tracks by Daft Punk that arent on the CD excluding sea of simulation plus why would you wait two years to get this amazing soundtrack?

Initial post: May 23, 2012, 9:09:02 AM PDT
K. R. says:
Just a heads-up...

Tron: Legacy (Amazon MP3 Exclusive Version) [+Digital Booklet] @ $2.99 - Amazon Price match for a Play sale price
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Soundtrack forum (112 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Soundtrack forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 23, 2012
Latest post:  May 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer