Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

Microsoft Word on Tablet?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 17, 2012, 9:53:27 AM PST
I am looking into getting an Ipad2 or Samsung Galaxy Tablet, but I would really like to be able to download Microst Word / Excel, pretty much all of Microsoft Office programs.

Will either be able to have those programs downloaded onto them.

Or is there something like Microsoft Office that can be used on tablets?

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 12:00:13 PM PST
There are apps that will allow you to interface MS Office documents, check out DocsToGo.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 1:00:09 PM PST
Are the DocsToGo APPS availible on both ipad2 & samsung galaxy?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2012, 1:43:16 PM PST
C. Schmidt says:
You can search iTunes online to see, but it's for sure available for the Tab. Both iOS and Android platforms have apps that allow you to work with MS Office files. You can even opt to get a Windows based tablet and use Office itself. And yes, you will have to download the apps onto the tablets.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 2:17:39 AM PST
I think quickoffice is another option, but I am not certain if it works on ipad platforms. My daughter has an ipad, but mostly uses it for reading, email, and shopping (as she has a laptop she prefers for viewing/editing documents)... I recently purchased an android tablet and had a similar quandry, and our best, most immediate option was to purchase officesuite. It works well so far! This included large documents with imbedded graphics and lots of layout/formatting for large documents.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 7:44:23 AM PST
Debbie says:
I am planning on buy a 7-Inch table 2GB touchscreen android/2.1 Wifi google PC mobile internet SVP TPC 7901. What do you think about this table?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 7:49:18 AM PST
C. Schmidt says:
Prepare to be *very* disappointed and then return it. There is a reason that tablet is only ~$100.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 12:07:09 PM PST
I need the same thing on a tablet. The iPad2 does not specifically have Microsoft Office but they do have Keynote (Powerpoint), Pages(Word) and Numbers(Excel) which are equivilent to the office programs and can be exported and used with it's Microsoft office counterparts.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 12:19:00 PM PST
Debbie says:
What would be better to buy for the money? $200 budget

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 12:35:06 PM PST
C. Schmidt says:
Easily, the Kindle Fire. Same size, better hardware, and a name you can trust. If you were to take a risk on an off brand, the Le Pan TC970 (9.7") and HeroTab C8, C8+, and C8t (available from Merimobiles) would also be worth a look and in your price range.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 12:54:01 PM PST
Debbie says:
Thank you that was a lot of help

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2012, 1:20:31 PM PST
C. Schmidt says:
Glad to help! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Posted on Jan 26, 2012, 4:09:17 PM PST
Mauiwannabe says:
i want wifi, ck email, surf net and play facebook games when not on laptop. been looking at all brands and totally confused. internet is fios network. sorry for caps, broke wrist recently.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 6:56:51 PM PST
Beachcomber says:
Price range?

Posted on Jan 26, 2012, 8:01:44 PM PST
Mauiwannabe says:
up to $400 got high raves on acer, byu very cofused

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 8:30:29 PM PST
C. Schmidt says:
The hard part will be the Facebook games. Which ones do you play, so I can check them out on my tablet?

Posted on Jan 26, 2012, 8:40:20 PM PST
Mauiwannabe says:
mafia wars, fairyland, 101 treasure

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 9:23:23 PM PST
C. Schmidt says:
Mafia wars, from what I remember of it, should be no problem.

Fairyland looks much the same, and I had no problems playing.

I couldn't find an app named '101 Treasure' but if it is similar to the other two, I don't see why it would be an issue.

Now, have you decided what size screen you would like? In the price range you mentioned, you can get any of the common sizes, (7-10").

Posted on Jan 26, 2012, 9:32:54 PM PST
B. Derrick says:
I am incined to the samsung 8.9... had great reviews, but most had paid about $300 and they are much higher now. I onlw want wifi for home or hot spots. Thanks for all your help. May havt wait for second generation fire and go cheap, lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2012, 10:53:50 PM PST
C. Schmidt says:
Bonnie, if you're more into the medium size, the Archos 80 G9 or Vizio tablet may be up your alley. They are 8" models, and have both decent specs and reviews.

Posted on Jan 26, 2012, 11:44:31 PM PST
I want to get a tablet that I can do writing assignments on for an online English class or essays in online history class. Is this possible to do on a tablet? If so, what is the best for a $500-600 budget?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012, 7:24:55 AM PST
C. Schmidt says:
Hello Faith,

Yes, one can do that on a tablet easily enough. To begin your search, it may be helpful for you to read my buyers guide and Listmanias (click on my name, links will be on the right). Come back with whatever questions you may have and we will be glad to help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012, 11:00:15 AM PST
Beachcomber says:
I love my Acer a500. What confuses you about them, perhaps I can help?
They are up for an award (best tablet) in the GSMA awards vs the Ipad 2, Fire, ASUS and Samsung Galaxy 10.1. ;) Out of those 10 inch tablets nominated it is the cheapest. You can usually find it 349, somewhere. Today it is priced 399 on Amazon, I would not buy it at that price as you can likely find it cheaper.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012, 11:58:58 AM PST
B. Derrick says:
I have been searching internet for weeks, any idea where to find it cheaper or the acer 8.9?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2012, 12:08:36 PM PST
C. Schmidt says:
BestBuy had the A500 for $359 when I was there a couple days ago. No info on an Acer 8.9" though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Tablet forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Jan 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers