Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon bajillions bajillions bajillions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Leonard Cohen Shop Cycling on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Tablet forum

Need tablet for PDF, music, and web

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 9:00:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 9:13:43 AM PST
Alexandra D. says:
I am a student and do a lot of online research. Carrying around my laptop as I read PDFs is a bit cumbersome and am looking for a tablet that will allow me to read, annotate, and highlight PDF articles. I would love one that is compatible with Mendeley. I would also like to be able to hop on the web and search for new articles when needed and listen to music (I usually just stick with Pandora). There are so many choices its hard to try and muddle through them all. I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Thank you!

Posted on Dec 23, 2012 3:10:49 PM PST
Paul Webster says:
You should try a HP Touchpad

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:01:44 PM PST
S. Dietrich says:
I have the same problem as you Alexandra. I have just decided to get the Samsung Galaxy Note. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (16GB, Deep Grey) Granted it costs 450 dollars but with all the school work I do and highlighting and taking notes etc. I think its money will spend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 8:17:15 PM PST
Alexandra D. says:
If you have a moment, let me know what you think after you get it. I'm in school for the long haul so I am not completely opposed to making an investment, if it is worth the money.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 4:55:43 AM PST
S. Dietrich says:
I will get it by the end of the next week. will post you a note of what I think of it. My sister has the phone version of it and loves it for her little office work.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:07:15 AM PST
S. Dietrich says:
Hello Alexandra,

I ended up buying the Galaxy Note today and I have been playing around with it a few hours now. I am really impressed with it. Granted I haven't tested my pdf files yet but I just LOVE that I can take notes on this. This make me a happy camper with school work.
The only thing I would suggest for you is to buy a case for it.. I haven't found the right one yet. but something that covers the tablet so you won't drop it by accident. This tablet is so light and thin I am afraid to drop it. I might get a leather case with a stand.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Tablet forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Tablet forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers