Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Textbook Buyback forum

buy back kindle books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2011, 2:57:42 PM PST
S.johnson says:
i am contemplating switching to kindle text books and the question i have is, is there any way to sell back textbooks that are bought on kindles? Or a rental of some sort? maybe i haven't searched far enough yet, but any feed back is appreciated! thank you.

Posted on Jan 14, 2011, 8:31:09 PM PST
LaToya says:
only if you return it within 7 days of purchase

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 11:44:30 AM PST
anna says:
seems as though this would be doable, seeing as the price difference is not much between a hard copy and a kindle copy. I also wonder, since my job pays for texts as well as my classes, would i be reimbursed for kindle texts....

Posted on Jan 18, 2011, 12:49:48 PM PST
As far as I know, no. This seems to be a big disadvantage. I didn'/t think about it before I got my Kindle. the reason i know this is that my Kindle broke and they were unable to transfer my former purchases to my knew Kindle. I still like it, but you have to figure that you are buying just one copy. Even the book I wrote myself What your doctor doesn'/t know about fibromyalgia, had to be purchased by me, the author. Weird huh? Linda Meilink

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2011, 3:47:49 PM PST
E Lorenzen says:
My 2nd Kindle broke and when I receivd a new one I was able to retreive all the books I had on the old one. The only books that didn't transfer were the "sample" books I had..............

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011, 8:13:56 AM PST
Hilton says:
You should go to your Kindle library in your account "manage Kindle" and re-download all your books that you bought from Amazon. They always have a back-up copy for you, so you don't have to back-up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011, 10:52:13 AM PST
R. Grace says:
Were these books actually FROM Amazon? And did you use the same account always? Because books are linked to your account, not to a particular Kindle device.

Posted on Jan 23, 2011, 2:06:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2011, 2:07:44 PM PST
Scotch says:
I would check to see if your textbooks are even on the Kindle. I recently bought a Kindle but found that most of the required textbooks were not available on the Kindle. (efollet has a site but its only good on your computer/laptop and it cost about the same as buying a used textbook) Secondly when you by and E-book you only buy a license and not the actual book, meaning that you can't resell it. I did the math and I figured out for me that buying the textbooks used and then selling it afterwards made more sense financially. Unfortunately there isn't any textbook rental service like bookrenter or netflix for textbook wish there was cause it would mean a lot less books i have to carry around.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2011, 8:23:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2011, 8:23:43 PM PST
Traci says:
Rent textbooks on chegg.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2011, 1:44:23 AM PST
BruceK says:
When you think about it, the digital format is a HUUUGGEE windfall for publishers. They do not have to compete against themselves with people who sell or give away hardcopy books, Kindle books should cost much much less for how much they save on materials and just this. Same with digital audiobooks. I always try to buy CD audiobooks because I can sell them back, there is residual value for me by owning the object, where digital stuff gives you nothing but restrictions. I just realized that not all books are text-to-speech enabled for some reason. How outrageous is that? The public gets screwed so much from private enterprise it is amazing how we hear so often how bad government is.

Posted on Jul 25, 2012, 11:55:18 AM PDT
I agree with Bruce. How can an author justify charging slightly less then paper books, and then slap on all these restrictions?? With paper, I at least can sell my textbook back to remake some of the money. I had been looking into going digital this semester but F-that. I'll lose even more money then from buying at the bookstore. What gives?

Hint: If you want the consumer to buy it, maybe you should listen to what we need. Business IS the consumer...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Textbook Buyback forum (635 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Textbook Buyback forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers