Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Thriller forum

Can you recommend a great thriller?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 30, 2015, 1:21:22 PM PST
Starting Cyber Monday and for the rest of this week, the biotech thriller, "The True Virus", will be available at a countdown special price of 99¢ for the Kindle version at Amazon. This novel involves a Hamas bioterrorist who uses a DNA base computer to create an Ebola virus to be used as a germ warfare agent against Israel.
The True Virus: Thriller Novel

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2015, 4:56:20 PM PDT
J.M. Brown says:
Pretty Maidens All In a Row. Here's the synopsis.Mary Elizabeth Grange, also known as Beth to her friends and family, leads a happy, normal life in the small town of Oceanview, Florida. An only child, she has everything that she would ever want or need.This includes the love of everyone that surrounds her, even her music teacher, Jack Ashton. Though he is ten years older than her,he notices her and can't stop himself from falling in love with young Beth. He remains professional and is nothing but her teacher, adoring her from afar.
Then she is noticed. Her lanky, developing body and her childlike ways do nothing to dissuade his hungry eyes and his needy imagination. She glides through life happily but to him she becomes everything. Every flip of her long curly ebony hair, every smile, every gesture speaks to him as he quietly moves in the shadows. Richard's small, inconsequential world narrows even further. Real life recedes and fantasy, like a blazing fire, consumes him.Unbeknownst to her, he follows, taking pictures and taping them to his shabby walls. She becomes his whole world as he is drawn into deeper psychosis with the voice in his head slyly advising him, telling him what to do in order to achieve his ultimate goal.
He jealously looks on as she forms relationships, hating her best friend and believing that she as well as everyone around her is poisoning her. He dreams of rescuing her from all of the `evil forces' that surround her. He fantasizes of buying a sports car and driving up to her and he has no doubt that she will willingly step inside and be with him.He knows,she will love him then and give herself to him, and she will be his forever.
When his many pictures in his locked room are discovered by his drug
dealer brother, the ensuing teasing gets ugly and the normally docile Richard explodes into a murderous rage. After his brother is dead, Richard discovers his stash of drug money, which much to his glee,opens up opportunity for all of his dreams to come true.
Richard's and Beth's worlds collide in one brutal and obscene act as he brazenly flings reality aside and allows the delusions to totally devour him. By pure accident Jack, tries to intervene, is badly injured but gets help.
Her world destroyed, Beth must fight for her very sanity. Then at the farthest end of her nightmare and many miles away, happiness and normalcy are finally within her reach. Living in Newfoundland, Canada, she is older, in nursing school, and finally in love with her beloved teacher, who now lives In New York City.
Much to her bemusement, she starts to receive flowers from a secret admirer. Things start to take on a darker tone and she senses anything but affection from the gifts being left to her. Unbeknownst to her, Jack is receiving packages also and when she finally discovers this,a macabre picture starts to form.One which ties her to a vicious serial killer in her home state who is slaying young women. All of which look enough like her to be her sisters.
Sensing the killer is getting nearer by the day,Beth, with the help of her fiance and a New York city cop, who is his older brother, must go back. Go back not only to her home state of Florida, but also to that day so long ago to face demons from the past. To face the person who is killing her over and over. To find the man who hates her enough to carve the name of the nursery rhyme that her father always sang to her on the bodies of the slain girls. For she will be the last pretty maiden that he will hunt......

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2013, 1:24:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 27, 2013, 7:28:17 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 26, 2013, 8:51:15 AM PDT
James Flynn says:
Jack Reacher books by Lee Child are the best, followed closely by Gabriel Allon books by Daniel Silva, Mitch Rapp books by Vince Flynn, Scott Harvath books by Brad Thor. For a different slant, try Harry Bosch books by Michael Connelly, Joe Pickett books by CJ Boxx and John Corey books by Nelson DeMille. All of these are fantastic. However, if you want a true story try Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, amazing true story.

Posted on Jun 24, 2013, 8:12:02 AM PDT
Check out Day of the Dogs Day of The Dogs (Based on True Events)

Posted on Jun 8, 2013, 9:40:20 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 28, 2013, 7:26:24 AM PDT]

Posted on May 26, 2013, 6:27:38 AM PDT
If you like a good thriller try reading some of ann rules books. She is amazing. She writes true crime books and they are awesome. I highly recommend them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2013, 7:18:46 PM PDT
You gotta read Zipes' Ripples in Opperman's Pond. Fantastic and believable twists and turns. Can't put it down!

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2013, 4:16:47 PM PDT
Cphe says:
Hi Paul - I bought Falling Glass for kindle a couple of years ago.

We can purchase many ebooks but not all - which can be an absolute pain. I'm told it's because of geographical restrictions.

Apparently I'm unable to lend ebooks or access kindle prime.

Hopefully one day it will change.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2013, 8:47:12 AM PDT
Paul Farrar says:
Hola, Cphe! Michael Forsythe was my intro to McKinty--been hooked ever since. I try to wait for books to be available electronically (getting harder to read paper at night), so I've had to wait for Falling Glass.
Perhaps I mentioned "Black House" by Peter May on this forum. It's the first of a trilogy with the Outer Hebrides as the locale. Have been waiting far too long for "The Lewis Man," the second to come out as an e-book. If I recall, you're in Australia--if so, does that mean e-books are available to you when they're out in the UK? It would be nice if publishers, or whoever makes the decisions, would e-release books in a more timely fashion, internationally. But then, I admit to being naive.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2013, 7:13:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 22, 2013, 7:13:59 PM PDT
Cphe says:
Hi Paul,
There are some excellent Irish writers.

But I do love, love McKinty - he's almost lyrical.

Are you going to read his Michael Forsythe series ? (set in america)

I think you would enjoy Falling Glass as well

Posted on May 22, 2013, 11:27:40 AM PDT
Paul Farrar says:
Never got around to reading Kurt Wallender series...started the first one, and while it's ok, I don't think it compares to the Dragon Tattoo books yet.
Recently finished the first in the "Troubles" trilogy by Adrian McKinty. Now, there's a writer!
Noticed that a few of Ken Bruen's Jack Taylor series had been adapted for tv...looking fwd to watching it when available. It'll be interesting to see how down and out he's portrayed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 22, 2013, 10:13:16 AM PDT
One of dean joints best books is called from the corner of his eye or read the Frankenstein series if you don't like dean joints then try reading John Saul he is a really good writer I like Nicky Charles to

Posted on May 21, 2013, 5:26:50 AM PDT
scott says:
I was at the store yesterday and saw that Dan Brown has a new book out "Inferno". Has anyone read this yet?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013, 3:50:12 PM PDT
Cphe says:
@Melanie,

Very few readers left on the thriller forum

You might get some acknowledgement on the MOA - the link has been provided at the top of this page.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2013, 11:52:32 AM PDT
Hi, Melanie Bragg, author Crosstown Park, a debut courtroom drama coming out this Fall. It is available for pre-sale now. I call it a social/legal thriller with a spiritual twist. It is set in Houston's 5th Ward and I have posted some information about that part of town. The people who have read the book have pretty much consistently reported to me that they stay up all night reading it for some reason, or they start it in the morning and don't put it down. I have to give credit to my amazing writing teacher, the late great Rita Gallagher, the co-founder of RWA (Romance Writers of America) and my critique group, but I hope you will find it interesting and compelling. I am very excited about the launch and have a lot to share in my journey with this book. It covers the social aspects of a part of the legal world that is relevant to us all today. Help me set up a book signing in your neighborhood! I will have book club copies before the release date to help spread the word. Thanks and have a great day. Melanie Bragg melaniebragg.com

Posted on May 2, 2013, 2:12:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 2, 2013, 2:13:42 PM PDT
Cphe says:
Angels' Fall

Read this the other day by Frank Herbert - apparently it hasn't been published before.

I thought it was different

Posted on May 2, 2013, 12:13:08 PM PDT
I'd suggest if you're into Koontz, read his best, first: Odd Thomas. Others that might interest you:
Lee Child : ex military cop turned public citizen who stands up for the little guy; The Killing Floor
Robert Crais: Los Angeles Detective series, The Monkeys Raincoat
Stuart kaminski: 40's genre dtective novels by the creator of The Rockford Files; A bullet for a Star
David Baldacci; government CIA type thrillers; The Hit
Jeffery Deaver: quadraplegic evedenciary investigator; The Bone Collector
Tana French: Irish author, stories surrounding murder investigation in a small Irish town: The Woods
Stig Larson: investigating the murderer of women; The Girl With The dragon Tatoo series
Ace atkins, John Sandford, CJ Box, Michael Connelly, John Connolly, Jonathan King and oh so many more

Posted on May 1, 2013, 12:05:24 PM PDT
scott says:
So I have to share with you all a thriller author that I have started reading. His name is John Locke and he has written 7 Donovan Creed novels. The first is Lethal People. They are available for kindle for only 2.99. You should all give them a go they are actually pretty good.

Posted on Apr 26, 2013, 2:35:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 26, 2013, 2:44:45 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 20, 2013, 2:41:29 PM PDT
Reviewer says:
SPYING WITH THE ENEMY = thriller

Posted on Apr 17, 2013, 9:30:11 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 26, 2013, 2:45:04 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2013, 9:27:45 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 26, 2013, 2:44:56 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2013, 3:38:58 AM PDT
Amen to that Cyphe, maybe the partys over.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2013, 6:05:52 PM PDT
Cphe says:
@ Paul,

Declan Burke has a blog on Goodreads, he has done an awful lot to promote Irish mystery/thriller writers.

I've got some wonderful recs from his blog

Peeler was a rec from there and I can't speak highly enough of this book - wonderful time and place, characters and mystery
What more could you want?

I'm waiting for McCarthy's second book Irregulars to come out in kindle format.

Happy reading to you Paul!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 60 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Thriller forum (720 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Authors like Vince Flynn and Daniel Silva 114 9 days ago
Mystery Thrillers Without Vulgar or Profane Language? 173 22 days ago
Cannot find great old thriller. 0 Jul 18, 2017
The Fix - David Baldacci Big Plot hole? 0 Jul 4, 2017
Looking for thrillers with little to no swearing and no graphic sex. Any suggestions? 738 Jun 23, 2017
Thriller books with no sex 168 Jun 9, 2017
Memory Man- David Baldacci- Amos Decker 0 Apr 15, 2017
the one legal thriller writer who stands out for you? 0 Mar 19, 2017
looking for legal thrillers set in law schools 0 Mar 19, 2017
What's the title? 0 Feb 22, 2017
Ok ladies are there any where Ted Bundy like creeps get whipped/killed by their intended female victims? 2 Jan 15, 2017
Thriller books for people who aren't PRUDES 0 Jan 15, 2017

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thriller forum
Participants:  705
Total posts:  1487
Initial post:  Apr 7, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 30, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 52 customers