Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Toys forum

Amazon - Third party sellers are killing the deals!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 876 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 7:04:58 PM PST
Theresa L. says:
No, I left them there for those that wanted to purchase them at the MSRP. I believe that is all anyone is asking. How come you think you are so much better, you are taking someone elses invention and selling it for a higher price because you are to lazy to make money the honest way.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 7:13:02 PM PST
Ice King says:
No one is saying everything should be free and you know it. You and the other greedy pigs are just using hyperbole to take away the attention from what slime balls you are because of what you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 7:20:09 PM PST
Bob Stein says:
That's not fair to people who don't have access to the store that you went to. You should have bought them at MSRP and then made them available on Amazon for MSRP.

You are so GREEDY. You should be ashamed of yourself!

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 7:26:29 PM PST
Captain Solo says:
<<That's not fair to people who don't have access to the store that you went to. You should have bought them at MSRP and then made them available on Amazon for MSRP.>>

nope, you should have left them on the shelf and let people who really wanted to buy them at that store get them.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 7:27:12 PM PST
Theresa L. says:
Bob, thanks I needed a laugh this evening and you provided it. When it comes to people like you I know that there is no reason to try and get you to understand because you aren't intelligent enough to understand. Someday you will have to answer for things you have done.
Good night.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 8:10:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2011 8:10:57 PM PST
Bob Stein says:
I'm glad you realize how ridiculous that would be. Now please try hard to see that it is the same ridiculous nonsense that you are attacking the re-sellers for.

I'm willing to pay more than some people for certain products in certain situations. If 6 leappads are in store for MSRP, and 60 people want them, how will you determine how gets the item? Fist brawl? Merit badges?

In the future, personal attacks really detract from the discussion. I think you can do better than to call people names, "intelligent enough" etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2011 9:21:18 PM PST
M. Johnson says:
Just do not buy their items. That's what I do. If customers stop buying the items then they will eat the stock and go away.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 2:07:10 AM PST
Andrea says:
what is the 'honest way'?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 5:13:52 AM PST
If they grabbed up the stock from a retailer (such as Target) can't they simply return the unsold stock to that retailer after the holidays?

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 5:40:06 AM PST
Stan says:
Yes they can and do, thereby sticking them with the loss

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 5:45:51 AM PST
Ice King says:
Unfortunately, yes they can. If someone doesn't pay their overinflated prices (I'm sorry, I mean "market value" LOL) all they have to do is go back to the store and return them and they're out nothing.

On the plus side, it means if you go to these places after Christmas there's a good chance you can get their leftovers for retail price or less.

For all their talk about what a great service they provide for us all and how entitled they are to whatever money they want, they sure don't seem to think anyone else is. Just try buying something from them and returning it after Christmas and see how easy they make it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 5:53:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 5:56:03 AM PST
Ice King says:
"I'm willing to pay more than some people for certain products in certain situations. If 6 leappads are in store for MSRP, and 60 people want them, how will you determine how gets the item? Fist brawl? Merit badges? "

How about good old fashioned first come, first serve?
That would still mean a lot of people would leave empty handed and disappointed but if all six of those were going to people who wanted them for themselves it would be better than some lowlife buying them to turn around and sell for a profit.
To clarify, even though I'm sure everything I say will be twisted to mean whatever you want anyway, I'm not saying profit is bad nor am I saying everyone should get whatever they want whenever they want it for whatever price they feel like paying (that's stupid and anyone who reads that into this is being purposely dishonest or is just an idiot). I'm saying that the scalpers are an unecessary and unwanted part of this already difficult process.
If there are only 6 of something and 60 people want one, then unfortunately 54 people are going to go home disappointed.
It shouldn't be 54 people get nothing, 3 get what they wanted, and 3 get to make a nice little profit by needlessly injecting themselves into the situation.
Anyone with a basic conecpt of decency would understand that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 10:02:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 10:30:26 AM PST
Bob Stein says:
You're missing the point. If 60 people want 6 toys at a certain price that means that the price is too low to meet demand.

Raise the price so that the demand goes down to only 6 people who want the toy for the new high price. If the original merchants don't increase their prices according to demand, the market will do it for them in the form of re-sellers.

I realize that's an unpopular concept for poor families as poor families go without when the price is raised to limit demand. I suspect this is the cause of many of the irrational emotional responses in this discussion.

I really think it's sad that some working families must go without the toys they want when the market increases the price of toys to limit excessive demand. However, perhaps that will provide the motivation for these poor families to try to improve their condition? If they get what they want when poor, they have no motivation to adjust.

Fair.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 10:37:21 AM PST
Stan says:
well bob,
i didn't know you were a motivational speaker too.
thank God you are around to motivate working class people like me who already have 2 jobs

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 11:04:38 AM PST
now I have seen it all! What will money pigs come up with next? Now scalping resellers help teach the value of hard work to underprivileged people! Oh my god you pathetic slime are unbelievable!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 11:06:45 AM PST
Amen Shotgun Sam. True on every point. If they don't like it don't buy into it!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 12:10:34 PM PST
Ice King says:
"You're missing the point. If 60 people want 6 toys at a certain price that means that the price is too low to meet demand.

Raise the price so that the demand goes down to only 6 people who want the toy for the new high price. If the original merchants don't increase their prices according to demand, the market will do it for them in the form of re-sellers."

You have a very sad world view if you honestly believe this.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 12:16:57 PM PST
snowbunny says:
amazon isn't what it used to be. it's becoming more like a price-inflated marketplace and i find with time that i'm regarding it less and less as a legitimate store.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 12:32:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 1:01:43 PM PST
Bob Stein says:
That's capitalism, Richard. Basic supply and demand economics.

Is it perfect? No. Would I like everyone to be able to afford everything they want? Yes. Is that realistic? No.

What's your alternative?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 12:59:44 PM PST
Richard H. Wright says: "You have a very sad world view if you honestly believe this."

It's not a matter of "world view." It's the *science* of economics and it's no more deniable than gravity.

High prices suck. Falling down sucks, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 1:01:48 PM PST
Theresa L. says:
Do you do anything else besides sit on this forum and argue with everybody?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 1:14:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2011 1:21:10 PM PST
Bob Stein says:
There you go with personal attacks again Teresa. Why are you so angry?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 1:38:38 PM PST
T. Thomas says:
Wow, sounds like you found some VERY STUPID soccer moms who think almost as highly of you as yourself. Permit me to share with you what I wrote on a different thread:

"Manufacturers need sellers to market the items they manufacture. It is a mutual relationship that is beneficial for both parties. NOBODY needs sellers to buy from sellers to drive up cost so they can make a profit. That is unethical.

I completely support the concept of earning a wage and making a profit... just not making a profit on someone else's work. I'd support you if you wanted to contact manufacturers, negotiate a wholesale agreement, open your own business - even if it is just an online thing, and put whatever price you want on it. If you want to sell it at 200% above Wal-Mart price that's great! However, when running an actual business a wonderful thing happens - it's called competition. I'm sure you'll get a few completely clueless customers willing to pay your price but most of them will go to Wal-Mart and get it the best deal. That is free market. What has been created here is a hostage market. So let's stop pretending like you're an actual business because deep down you know that's not the case."

Seems like you have a pretty twisted view of the term 'American' and no clue about what free-market and capitalism really mean. But I hope you feel very patriotic on April 15 when you claim this not-so-honestly earned income on your tax return.... as every American should. And by the way, parents do know (well before September) what their children are interested in but they wait - just as you do - for it to go on sale; only to find that the Grinch has stolen their Christmas tree but will gladly sell it back to them at 3x the retail cost. You first make these mothers cry and then offer to dry their tears.... if the price is right. You're nobody's hero. You're Mr. Potter.

A couple of days ago I read a post that directed people to ZOOLERT.COM where you can sign up for FREE notifications for when your hard to find items are restocked. I signed up yesterday morning and was alerted last night at about 10pm that my daughter's dream dollhouse was back in stock at Wal-Mart (when it wasn't supposed to be in stock until mid January). I immediately bought it at the regular retail price and have since been telling everyone about this website. DON'T BUY FROM MR. POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2011 1:53:15 PM PST
Theresa L. says:
Bob, not angry, just stating what I observe. Please spell my name right.

Posted on Dec 5, 2011 5:02:43 PM PST
duckles says:
" If 60 people want 6 toys at a certain price that means that the price is too low to meet demand."
AHEM, It's not the price thats too low, it's the supply, and in many cases it's just timing as more supply often reappears in a few days. If I run a store and I bought 50 pieces of stock with a 5 day reorder fulfillment turnaround and they all sold out in 2 days, then I'm going to be out of stock for 3 to 4 days BUT I will get more of them as long as the warehouse has more. LeapFrog DID briefly run totally ot of stock on LeapPads but they did get more in and ship to retailers. Unfortunatly that didn't include Amazon itself.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 36 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (350 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  282
Total posts:  876
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2010
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions