Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Toys forum

Amazon Customer Service: has Deteriorated SO MUCH!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 21, 2009, 8:37:28 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 22, 2009, 9:06:32 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2009, 7:46:59 AM PST
M Dantinne says:
Amazon Payments is a different company than Amazon.com. They have different customer service numbers. Amazon Payments is a payment processor that many non-Amazon companies use.

An analogy: suppose you had a student loan, mortgage, and credit card account with Chase Bank - if you call the mortgage division, they would not be able to tell you when your next credit card payment is due... even though they're the same company. Same deal with Amazon; that's likely why the CSR could not help you.

Unfortunately, your negative experience is largely due to the way that you're presenting information when you call Amazon customer service. Out of kindness, I'm suggesting these two steps to help you resolve the problem efficiently.

Step 1. Think long and hard about anything you might have purchased recently (likely online) for that same dollar amount, even if the vendor was not Amazon.com. If you discover that you did indeed make the charge, then you're done!

Step 2. Go to www.amazonpayments.com, sign in, and click on "Contact Us" and then follow the directions to submit your problem. Give them at least 24 hours to respond.

Step 3. If that's not effective, then contact your credit card company to report the unauthorized charge. Follow their directions.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2009, 7:54:51 AM PST
Julie R says:
I have nothing but good to say about Amazon myself. sorry you are having difficulty.

Posted on Dec 23, 2009, 9:00:28 AM PST
so what?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2009, 3:26:21 PM PST
Caasi says:
I disagree. Call them. You'll get someone almost instantly. I've had to do it a lot recently.

But their customer service is great. I ordered something here for my husband about a month ago. It was being shipped in 2 separate shipements. The first, I got in 2 days. The 2nd never came. After a week and a half and the estimated delivery date came and went, I called and got someone within 60 seconds. They found that perhaps it got lost in the mail and told me they'd send out another shipment the next day and overnight it to me.

Well, it didn't happen. It got sent back out in another shipment, but not for 2 days. So I called back. They apologized and gave me a $10 promotional credit. Told me they'd send out another overnighted.

Within 20 minutes, I got an email saying due to some glitch in the system, it was put in as standard shipping and not overnight. So they gave me another promotional credit. This time $15. A total of $25.

I got it within 3 days. And a Christmas gift for another family member for free with the $25 promotional credit.

They may not be totally ORGANIZED but the customer service is great and make up for their mistakes. Even before you catch their mistakes. I really appreciated that.

Posted on Dec 23, 2009, 4:18:41 PM PST
S. Griffin says:
Customer service has been nothing but fantastic for me this season. I am a PRIME customer and it is the one added expense that I think is worth it's weight in gold. I got all of my presents from Amazon and it has been such a great experience! I am sorry you haven't had that same experience. I have actually been bragging about the ease of Amazon to all my friends!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2009, 1:44:05 PM PST
M Dantinne says:
Lindsey Nash says: "I disagree. Call them. You'll get someone almost instantly. I've had to do it a lot recently."

Lindsey, it seems like you're still confused. Did you actually read my entire post before replying to it?

Amazon.com, the online store, has great customer service. Call them with any problems regarding your order and they will make it right.

Amazon Payments, the electronic payment processor, is NOT the same company as Amazon.com, the online store. They are "sister" companies. If you have a problem with Amazon.com payments, contact them directly.

I understand it's confusing, especially when Amazon Payments processes payments for Amazon.com, but that's the way it is. My suggestions in the above post represent the best way to resolve the problem...

It looks like Amazon deleted the original post, so I guess it's time for this discussion to die.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2009, 8:56:28 AM PST
you are absolutely right. the service this season was unbelieve, many things sent out the very next day and some came days earlier than was expected and no shipping charges even on very heavy tools. I have told everyone about my good experience with Amazon this season.
HH

Posted on Dec 27, 2009, 12:11:19 PM PST
jm13 says:
I'd like to know why Amazon deleted the original post. Afraid of even misguided complaints?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Toys forum (358 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Toys forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Dec 21, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers