Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > TV Series forum

Br eaking Ba d

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 14, 2010, 8:13:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 14, 2010, 8:16:04 PM PDT
stature says:
A couple other stand out surprising moments of the many surprising moments were the bathtub and the turtle.

edit: actually the turtle had two surprises

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2010, 8:15:18 PM PDT
stature says:
I can see you in your hat with your amigos on guitar...

Posted on Mar 14, 2010, 9:31:14 PM PDT
Althea says:
Hi stature, stevign and IG,

Just poking my head in. Sorry, not interested in "Breaking Bad" but I'm sure it's good if you all like it, I trust your collective judgement. :-)

Ciao!

AP

Posted on Mar 15, 2010, 4:57:28 PM PDT
stature says:
Thank you for dropping by Althea! I'd like you to
partake in the free pilot though and give it a chance. Did I
say its free?

Its very compelling. The first things you'll see are a pair of
pants flying through the air and then landing on the side of the
road. Then a camper crashing into a ditch. A man with no pants
in great distress desperately films a hasty goodbye message
to his family, he is frightened and braces himself for the worst, and then points a gun toward the end of the road towards what is coming.

You have just met Walt. A hard-working father in the middle class.
In fact he has two jobs, one of which is as a teacher. He has done
everything right and is a good man living a safe and average life,
he's doing the same thing every day. All is routine.
Until....

Don't you want to know why his pants are flying through the air without
him? Why he ends up frightened on the side of the road?

Really. Check out the pilot. It is great acting, full of surprises in the
story's twists and turns.

Posted on Mar 17, 2010, 9:32:45 AM PDT
Claire says:
CLAIRE is a fan of this show too. It's interesting- like Sons of Anarchy, Big Love and Mad Men (which in my opinion is the best show on tv) but these cable shows come on at weird times during the season and also so late at night- at least for me cause I'm on eastern time.

Posted on Mar 17, 2010, 9:55:52 AM PDT
Music Lover says:
I love this show and i think it's the best one of TV. i was introduced to it during season 2 so i went back and ordered Season 1 and watched it sequentially. some of my favorite moments were:
when the chemicals eroded through the floor and what was left of that dead dealer fell right through the ceiling. nasty
The pillow scene(where whomever had the pillow could talk about Walt's cancer) was excellent acting all around
Walt letting Jesse's girlfriend choke on her own vomit
anything Hank does i like

this premise is so original and out in left field. i wish more people would give it a try, it is riveting

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2010, 11:13:36 AM PDT
stevign says:
Claire Bear:

Here on the West Coast it comes on at 10pm. So you "gotta" get it earlier than that. Even so, don't you have a DVR?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 17, 2010, 11:18:43 AM PDT
stevign says:
ML:

I'm sure Hank has become a bit more likable for alot of fans since his panic attack and then not being able to live with himself he threw the "grill" award into the Rio Grande. Personally I've always liked his character because he was funny and boisterous.

Posted on Mar 19, 2010, 1:49:36 PM PDT
stevign says:
~ BREAKING BAD MARATHON BEGINS TONIGHT ON AMC ~

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2010, 12:25:22 PM PDT
Claire says:
Stevign- No I am the loser who is not advanced enough to have dvr. I still record shows using the vcr! ha ha
question for you, stevign and stature too: how do you guys watch old eps of these shows like Breaking Bad and HBO shows like Big Love? I'd like to catch up on those via online/ the internet since I got interested late (after the 1st season.) I don't want to have to buy them on Amazon and I don't want to have to sign up for Netflix. Any suggestions? Thanks! claire

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2010, 12:54:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2010, 3:06:39 PM PDT
stature says:
sometimes I ~
surf the net d'ought calm.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2010, 1:23:27 PM PDT
stevign says:
Clair Bear:

Try HULU. Although full episodes are not availible sofar.

http://www.hulu.com/breaking-bad

http://www.hulu.com/watch/66171/breaking-bad

Posted on Mar 21, 2010, 1:24:49 PM PDT
stevign says:
(((NEW SEASON OF BREAKING BAD BEGINS TONIGHT)))

Be there or be square.....know what I mean Vern?

Posted on Mar 21, 2010, 4:21:23 PM PDT
stature says:
I think Walter is in for a really rough season this time.
His stress levels will be magnified more than they were previously
which is hard to imagine.

Skyler just left him. She's now staying with bro-in-law
Hank, the DEA agent and expects Walter to move out.
Skyler just wants him gone. Will Hank ask if its because
Walter had an affair? If so, and Skyler says no, he may
continue to ask for reasons.

If Skyler reveals that Walter has over a hundred thou
in cash to pay for the cancer treatments that she can't
explain or account for, Hank may put it all together.
Cash, stolen chemistry supplies (from Walter's school), purest meth cooked up, connection with Jesse the former student of Walter's, and that fake "Heisenberg" that they arrested previously and that Hank never bought as the real deal.

Will Walter try to stop going down the slippery slope he's been riding since season 1? He just had a baby. Now after the plane crash, he sees a baby's pink stuffed animal toy, charred and in his pool. Will his conscience wake up?

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 3:46:26 PM PDT
Phyzz X. says:
Yea i just discovered this show as what I think is season 3 airing last night 3/21, so I've been struggling to find season 1 at any store I could find, but no luck.

So i ordered both 1st & 2nd season via Amazon, but looks like season 2 will arrive before season 1. For some reason it says it will ship when its available, gawd why didn't it tell me when i was at check out that it wasn't available, cuz I'd have driven to the next town if there was a copy for me to get my hands on. I need to watch this show, I only got a tease from the "Best of" that AMC ran right before season 3 started. I only watched the Pilot episode cuz I didn't want to be spoilt by these other random episodes they picked.

I'm feinding! Somebody help!

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 5:43:57 PM PDT
stevign says:
WOW.......again!

The opening sequences of last night's new season show was just as brilliant as Season 2s opener where the song Negro y Azul is sung about the mysterious new hombre named Heisenberg and done by a Mexican group in the middle of the desert.

The ominous scenes in the opener were of men crawling on their bellies through a Mexican town like giant lizards while people go about their business as if nothing is odd at all. It reminds one of something Fellini would put on film.

Only Breaking Bad comes up with these brilliant and bizarre images, it leads me to believe that the producers have not only found the best writers in the business, but have them chained up in a Mexican crack house somewhere and are feeding them LSD laced Mezcal.

ps. We'll pray for ya boys, just don't stop writing!

The Star-Ledger reports:
The return of AMC's "Breaking Bad" was the show's most-watched episode ever. Sunday night's Season 3 opener drew 2 million viewers, a number that rose to 3.3 million when you include the episode's dual repeat airings. Overall, that's up 17% from the "Breaking" season two premiere. Among adults 18-49, "Breaking" pulled in 663,000 viewers.

By comparison, the debut of AMC's other critical darling, "Mad Men," last season drew 2.9 million viewers.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 7:49:33 PM PDT
stature says:
Yes, it was a very strange sight, the men crawling on knees and elbows/forearms, belly to the ground, flat like lizards (not hands and knees as you'd see a child do). Lizards. The end of the journey of the lizardly was a deadly queen's grotto. Heisenberg beware.

Walt has a bit of remorse we see, but not enough to rid himself of the blood money.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2010, 8:09:31 PM PDT
stevign says:
Well you know he'll somehow get around to taking the $3m deal.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 8:17:46 PM PDT
stature says:
..of course, and it wasn't like it was the WORST airline crash, heck it didn't even make the top 50. And no one remembers those OTHER crashes anymore so its not like this last one is really any big deal ...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2010, 8:20:41 PM PDT
stature says:
Welcome Alexander! I hope you get your DVD real soon!
I understand you don't want to spoil anything, so just know that the wait will be worth it. Patience!

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 8:28:49 PM PDT
Claire says:
Was there some significance that I'm unaware of to those people crawling like lizards on the ground and those twin guys putting up Walt's facial drawing? Or is that explained in a prior ep that I've not seen? I have to say I was pretty disgusted with Walt letting Jesse's girlfriend die right in front him. No wonder poor Jesse is in some rehab all depressed...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2010, 8:30:40 PM PDT
stevign says:
LOLOL......I laughed my butt off when he said OK, maybe it's "tied" for 50th place.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 8:32:53 PM PDT
stature says:
The cousins are, I believe, Tuco's counsins, the ones that were to take Walt and Jesse against their will to Mexico to be slave cooks. Now I think they are just angry about what happened to Tuco and are sent by the Cartel to take care of Heisenberg. I think Tuco found out Walt's real identity when Tuco took Walt's wallet at Uncle Tio's house. If you remember Tio (~ring~), he is the elderly gentleman in the wheelchair with the bell.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 8:33:21 PM PDT
stevign says:
We need to send our minions out to search for the 1st Season for Alexander.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010, 8:35:47 PM PDT
Claire says:
But why not just walk into the hut instead of crawl? Plus they cut in line in front of the other lizards.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the TV Series forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  TV Series forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  3103
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers