Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Walmart in-store preorders for Wii U Deluxe set begin Sunday 10/14

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 217 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012, 7:34:05 AM PDT
Jon says:
If I get the Deluxe preordered at WalMart, I'll also have a regular preordered at gamestop. All this talk about flipping is making it very appealing.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012, 7:35:05 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I dont think the regular edition is as valuable though. Good luck getting a Deluxe.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012, 7:45:17 AM PDT
Jon says:
Only reason I am bothering picking up the Deluxe (I could care less about the promo, game, and memory) is that I'm paying $20 less (due to shipping) for the white. The black color alone is worth $20+ to me. If I was to keep both (which I doubt I will. I'm too lazy to flip and don't hold people who do in the best of lights) I will be more likely to either gift it to my brother, sell it to a friend/family for retail price, or sell it online for much much less than people looking for $600-$700.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2012, 7:46:22 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Thats cool. I agree. I d pay more for the black color alone. Getting a bigger hard drive is just icing.

Posted on Oct 13, 2012, 5:35:36 PM PDT
so who's all going tonight...i found a couple wally worlds like 25 miles drive that are open 24hrs...thinkin about makin the trip

Posted on Oct 13, 2012, 5:59:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012, 8:57:26 PM PDT
A little update...i got off the phone with a walmart electronics employee...you have to go to the layaway counter to get this pre-order not the electronics department...the only thing that sucks is you have to wait for the layaway department to open which from what they said is around 9am..

edit...it might be different at other locations...you might be able to do layaway at the specific department but i guess it will all depend on how the walmart is set up

Posted on Oct 13, 2012, 6:58:53 PM PDT
I just tried calling my walmart to see if we go to layaway or electronics ... and they told me they aren't doing any preorders ...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012, 8:56:17 PM PDT
im sure only managers know about it...idk how well management spread the word about it though

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012, 9:07:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012, 9:14:56 PM PDT
Finger says:
You're in the Bay Area, right? Me too. Are you heading to a Walmart at midnight? I didn't even know there were any open 24 hours.

EDIT: Ah, I think I misunderstood. So if you have to see the layaway people in the morning, there's no point in going at midnight.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012, 9:14:06 PM PDT
the one in richmond, american canyon, and fairfield are all 24hr...the most info i got was from the fairfield walmart...manager there gave me the info that i posted above...so it looks like a midnight run is out of the question, for me atleast...they are bridge toll too far for me to get turned away at midnight then turn around and deal with it at 9am

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012, 9:20:18 PM PDT
Finger says:
I live 5 minutes away from the one in Richmond and had no idea they were open 24 hours. Weird.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 7:05:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2012, 7:06:08 AM PDT
N.Cooper says:
I went to walmart this morning a little before 9am hoping that there wouldn't be a long line of people waiting to preorder the wii u. But I was wrong there was no one there and I told the associate about the preorder deal, and he did not know anything about it. So he called management over and she checked it out on the computer, and 5 minutes later she bought out the preorder paper. Its a piece of paper with a picture of the wii u deluxe edition of course and a bar code and the employee has to scan that bar code then you are good to go. Also you can pay off the whole layaway but you will have to keep 1 cent on the layaway for tracking purposes.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 8:15:58 AM PDT
S. Brown says:
Just got back from a nearby Walmart. I ordered two WiiU consoles.

Showed up just before 9 a.m. and there was one other guy there. The layaway folk (I hope you're sitting down) didn't seem to know what they were doing but finally figured it out. The whole transaction took about 20 minutes because they had to find the barcode and figure out what their stock would be, but relative to other experiences I've seen, this was fairly painless.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 9:16:09 AM PDT
My Wal-Mart knew about the "preorder" layaway deal long before thanks to your truly. By 10am I was the 7th preorder. The person behind me didn't even know and preordered one too along with his kid's bed.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 9:37:16 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012, 9:59:46 AM PDT
People preorder beds?

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 10:15:19 AM PDT
Veedrock says:
As much as I'm dying to have the Wii U, I'm exercising my self-control and waiting until Nintendo backs it up with a legitimate library.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 10:30:31 AM PDT
Jon says:
The guy in front of me was the first one of the day. He wanted to order 10 consoles (obvious flipper, and I was ripsh** as she said they only had 10 until the manager was called over and said 2 max per person). He ordered 2 and his wife ordered 2. Placed my order, but I'm a bit curious as to the wording on the receipt. Perhaps some of you have the same wording and can explain? First time with a lawaway for me...

It says, and she even wrote at the top, "Pick up/pay off on (or before) Dec 14."

Is that my pick up date or will I be able to stand in line and get a console at launch?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012, 10:32:55 AM PDT
that's the latest date you have to pick it up before they sell it to someone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012, 10:35:19 AM PDT
Jon says:
Thank you.

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 10:37:22 AM PDT
John McClane says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 10:37:23 AM PDT
Misfit says:
Jon pre-ordered layaway here too. You can pick it up at 12:01 AM 11-18 at the Layaway counter. It was confirmed by the layaway person and then the Manager. You can keep paying on it till December 14th though if you don't have all the funds and they will hold it until then. I paid mine off except 1cent as policy says you must have a remaining balance.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012, 10:39:46 AM PDT
Misfit says:
Yeah, but I am not too comfortable having been screwed by Gamestop on other major releases that were pre-ordered online. Also, no shipping fee's as this will be in store pickup and I believe most online pre-orders had to be shipped.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012, 10:46:37 AM PDT
Jon says:
I preordered a basic online at GameStop. No thanks to paying the same price for the deluxe and getting in 2 days later.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2012, 11:18:45 AM PDT
Wraith says:
Was the first one there at my Walmart this morning. Ordered 2, yeeeehaaawwww!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Fortnite Briefly Allowed Cross-Platform Play Between Xbox One And PS4 10 7 hours ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 4156 8 hours ago
How's everybody been? Long time no see. 14 10 hours ago
Star Wars Rogue One vs COD: Infinte Warefare 1 12 hours ago
What B movie script will Naughty Dog churn out with TLOU2? 61 12 hours ago
Happy mother's day 17 12 hours ago
I was bitten by a turtle when I was a young lad 17 12 hours ago
Amazon is withholding physical copies of games to prevent preorder discount 77 12 hours ago
OT: How to redeem Amazon store credit statement? 2 12 hours ago
PC version of Final Fantasy IX rated by PEGI for PS4 18 13 hours ago
Metroid: Samus returns impressions! 19 13 hours ago
OT: Week 2 In the NFL - Who said Zeke wasn't back? Obviously they were wrong. WHO YA GOT! 52 14 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  217
Initial post:  Oct 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers