Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: top 5 movies you love, that went unoticed or unrecognized by popular opinion/social media...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 250 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 12:09:17 PM PST
I think at this point Office Space is pretty well known. It didn't do that great in theaters but has sold a ton for home video.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 12:09:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 12:09:55 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
That is a great movie.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 12:27:13 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Fandango: Saw this a long time ago, don't know what made me think of it again. A coming of age between pals and one last hurrah before going separate ways on the road to life. Had a killer soundtrack as well, from what I remember. Costner was terrific as the lead, and Judd Nelson was great in a supporting role. Just one of those kind of movies that will make you reminisce about the glory days with old friends from high school or college.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 12:33:26 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
we moved back in August. i just finally got around to painting the main bedroom not too long ago so we are just starting to put up posters in there. my girlfriend is a big fan of the artsy movie posters, so we got some cool ones framed up. i know there is one for inception, dark knight rises, and evil dead, but i forget the rest.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 12:33:50 PM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
Yep, and I believe it is available on Netflix streaming for any who missed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 12:33:52 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
ive watched it once, just bought it on bluray a few weeks ago and need to get around to watching it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 12:58:25 PM PST
AmbientGreen says:
Nice, man.

Those are great movie poster choices, from what you mentioned. I've been meaning to get some better frames for a while now. I think that after we move, that will be the nudge I need to see it done.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 1:05:04 PM PST
The Drizzle says:
yea, we've been buying frames a few at a time. she wants all movie posters in frames, in our guest room, which is really just my computer room right now, i have all my gaming/hockey posters. those cant leave the room lol

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 1:06:09 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
How about Extract? I liked it pretty well, but it got surprisingly little hype given its pedigree. Usually after a hit or two, the next movie from the same person gets more publicity, not less, but even after Office Space and Idiocracy, no one seemed to care about Extract.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 1:13:57 PM PST
The thing is, it seems like Idiocracy and Office Space were hits but they both did very poorly in the market at first, mainly because the studio screwed up the marketing, but still. They didn't have faith in the project so they buried it. It's too bad. I'd not even heard of Extract until now. I'll have to give it a shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 1:15:48 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
It's kind of like Office Space but in a manufacturing environment instead of an office building.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 1:17:47 PM PST
Perhaps becuase the movie was just OK.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 1:41:16 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
If I've learned anything about the movie industry, it's that the actual quality of something has nothing to do with how much hype it gets.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 2:13:17 PM PST
Dear Wendy
Cold Fish
Cronos
Redline
Valhalla Rising

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 2:21:17 PM PST
Home Fried says:
True dat. How much money has Adam Sandler made, and really, how good are his movies? Must I bring up Jack and Jill.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 2:49:57 PM PST
Funny people was alright.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 2:53:12 PM PST
Home Fried says:
Yeah, Funny People is good, but usually his more questionable films are the ones that become blockbusters. From what I remember, I think Funny People just fell short of making back its budget.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 2:54:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 2:57:26 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Funny People wasn't really his movie, though. At least not like how That's My Boy, Jack and Jill, Grown Ups, and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry were his movies.

Spanglish and Punch Drunk Love were also pretty good, but he only acted in those, just like Funny People. Adam Sandler is a decent actor, but a pretty terrible producer. He needs someone on set with the authority to tell him not to do dum things.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 2:56:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 3:09:58 PM PST
Black Dynamite
The Darjeeling Limited
I'm Not There
Magnolia
Moon

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 3:24:15 PM PST
Valhalla Rising is on IFC alot. I've tried catching a few times and my wife walks into the room and just rolls her eyes. I can never get a solid, uninterupted viewing.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 3:27:16 PM PST
Oh Teeth is another one, best vagina dentada movie ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 3:29:11 PM PST
LOVED it. Season 1 and 2 are the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 3:29:33 PM PST
I enjoyed Valhalla Rising. Seen it a couple times on IFC. Your wife is not a fan?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 3:33:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 3:37:18 PM PST
nah, she's not into any of those time periods. dark ages, crusades, roman empire.... I can get her to watch Japanese period stuff, but that's only because it's part of her nationality, and even then, she gets bored if it's not a "love story."

She's more into movies like Bridesmaids, Along Came Polly, I Love You Man....but she's read, and LOVES Memoires of A Geshia.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 3:38:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 3:39:48 PM PST
I've still yet to see it in its entirety, but Sunshine seemed like a promising flick. Anybody with an opinion about it?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekly Gaming 7/24-7/27 49 2 hours ago
why do people defend nintendo? 42 4 hours ago
this lack of xbox exclusives is a bad decision by microsoft 46 6 hours ago
Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition for PS4 1 8 hours ago
The Sims 4 Confirmed for PS4 1 8 hours ago
Nintendo Switch Sales Surpass 4.7 Million 1 8 hours ago
Huge Xbox losses hidden by patent royalties, Microsft lost 2 billion in the Xbox division. 12 8 hours ago
Shadow Of The Beast 2 9 hours ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 1705 10 hours ago
mass meltdown from leftists ensues as trump declares transgender troops will not serve in the military 82 11 hours ago
OT: IT - Official Trailer 1 aka You'll float too 2 12 hours ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3966 12 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  250
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 18, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.