Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming - 11/30 - 12/2 Edition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 183 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 4, 2012, 4:05:04 AM PST
Nicos says:
Played so much Firefall... Very fun. I actively hate the Juggernauts though. I don't have an issue with them mortaring rockets at you, but the fact that they can pinpoint your exact location without a line of site... oog. OR the fact that they can guide their shots to adjust for your movement BEHIND cover... ugh. They can actually see through walls. I tested it with one of the towers and had juggernauts just sit there and fire directly at the wall in an attempt to hit me on the other side.

Really, that is the only REAL negative. Fast Travel/Vehicles are needed, but I know that will probably be implemented in the final release. More clarification/tooltips as well. But still, scratched that Tabula Rasa itch pretty well.

Instead of Pathfinder we played Zombicide (the zombies ate everybody again) and Talisman. I also found out they made a tablet/ios version of Talisman. I picked it up. It plays really really well. They captured everything perfectly! I was really impressed. However... there is no AI/Multiplayer. It is just these "quests" ie objectives you have to meet as each character. Once the novelty of playing Talisman on my PC wore off... I was left with a crippled game. To be fair to the devs though, it is probably extremely difficult if not impossible to create a good AI that could handle all the variables that are present in a game of Talisman with the small amount of resources they have.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 8:47:30 PM PST
Zak Iarih says:
Finished AC3 Sun got it Wed from BF on here man if only the first half was anything like the second instead of being one big tutorial it would've been a helluva game still not bad lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 1:46:14 PM PST
GarionOrb says:
"Finished getting the plat in Killzone HD"

You're a brave, brave man.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 1:19:51 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, my friend and have been enjoying the co-op, but that combat is just so basic. It's a good time, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 1:09:01 PM PST
Technosapien says:
It's pretty good. Basic hack n' slash gameplay, decent story, and the loot is cool. It's very combat heavy, and that can get a little repetitive, but it's definitely worth playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 1:04:10 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
How is it?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 1:03:57 PM PST
Watched much football.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 1:03:35 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Yeah. I haven't tried the MP, yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 1:02:26 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Are you playing WITN solo?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 1:01:28 PM PST
Technosapien says:
Finished getting the plat in Killzone HD, started Lord of the Rings: War in the North, and played R&C: Full Frontal Assault with Benpachi. Was a fun weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 12:20:47 PM PST
Yeah, those were pretty tough fights.

I didn't expect that split thing. Sure did make the fight more difficult.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:45:14 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Yes. It's not fun.

Fafnir was the weirdest most disturbing boss. We must have only hit one section because he split in half and started flying everywhere. Oh gosh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:35:32 AM PST
Ooooh, so now you're on the fight where you actually need to kill him in that little green area.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:29:59 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I'm at the second Grendel. Sought aid for the first, but the friend I'm ad hoc playing with refuses to do that again, Bleh. So, I've been trying to do as you said, but I don't think I dodge very well. I also hit at 90-110, which does nothing to whittle his health down.

I don't think my thumbs can handle this game any more. I'm getting blisters....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:09:35 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012, 11:09:43 AM PST
Knock off pieces of his armor and try to stay behind his head afterwards. Remember that during that fight you can jump multiple times to get decently high. Once you learn his moves you can dodge pretty easily. I did that fight a few times as a sword warrior. Just make sure you have decent gear. The potion that gives you unlimited stamina helps a bunch too. You only need to protect the gate until the timer is up.

Or, you could hop online and try to get someone to join you. List your game as "seeking assistance" and someone should help you out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 11:04:23 AM PST
Chocolette says:
.... I want my old Ragnarok Online back.

So what am I doing wrong here?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 10:54:09 AM PST
Much like FFX...no official level ups...but use experience to increase stats and abilities

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 10:43:12 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
"FF13 (Ch 2) - hmm, there's no leveling in this game? curious."

There is, don't have access to the crystarium yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 10:07:41 AM PST
FOGE says:
Its way more fun that I thought it would be. I go about once a month. Its a very expensive hobby compared to gaming though. Range time is cheap, ammo is ok. Guns are very expensive. But they do keep their value really well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 10:06:39 AM PST
FOGE says:
Haha thats funny. Yeah shes a farm girl and has shot guns before. This was her first time with a pistol (Springfield XDM 9mm) but she did pretty well. Most of her shots were on target. I also brought my M4, but shes scared of that one. I can see why.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 10:04:26 AM PST
The range by my house opens in 2 weeks. I can't wait!

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 9:58:35 AM PST
Played a good amount this weekend.

Beat God of War: Chains of Olympus - short game
Beat The Darkness 2 - turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would
Played a little NCAA 13 last night - came back from down 21 points against some guy online. 28 unanswered!!! (if anyone wants to play my PSN name is Bizurke51)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 9:48:10 AM PST
Athas says:
i believe gun range dates gives an accurate assessment of just what kind of girl you're dating. My then wife was shooting bullseyes on those silhouette targets, and of the shots she "missed" they were suspiciously all gathered around the crotch area. More impressive than my other friend's then fiance who literally screamed like a little girl after her first shot and almost dropped the gun.

Played FF tactics (Ch 3)
Gothic 3
FF13 (Ch 2) - hmm, there's no leveling in this game? curious.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 9:45:15 AM PST
saskamazon says:
finished all trophy requirements for All Stars PS3 version & got my very 1st Platinum ! was rather exciting .... only need one more trophy for the Vita version - friendly match - to have that Platinum ... not sure how to initiate a friendly match from the Vita .... maybe the upcoming patch will help with that ... we played some online MP LBP Karting too & the last episode of Back to the Future - my son had a blast with the game ... all in all, a good gaming weekend ....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 9:21:47 AM PST
Grendel wasn't bad compared to the next huge boss fight...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Xbox Scorpio Will Deliver "Very Best Console Version Of Games," Exec Says 31 4 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v9.0 9634 10 minutes ago
OT: Would you mate with a Non-binarian? 36 14 minutes ago
OT: Terrorists blow up Ariana Grande concert in U.K.! 52 15 minutes ago
Japan Sales: 5/15/17 – 5/21/17 6 35 minutes ago
Titanfall 2 14 43 minutes ago
OT: Harvard study reveals Fox News is the most "fair & balanced" of networks 37 48 minutes ago
Shadow Warrior 2 Limited PS4 Physical Release Available 3 55 minutes ago
Nintendo is going to sell physical game boxes with no game inside 25 57 minutes ago
OT: 'Clerks' Actress Lisa Spoonauer Dies at 44, Kevin Smith Pens Moving Tribute 2 1 hour ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2017 Edition 261 2 hours ago
Xbox One's Netflix-Style Game Pass Launches Today 5 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  183
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.