Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Origin is a giant POS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2013, 11:25:25 AM PST
Jack Pacini says:
Just bought SimCity, because... Well, I simply LOVE SimCity. I have never bought anything through Origin, and no doubt never will again.
I bought it (SC) from the website from work, knowing that I would need to DL Origin when I got home. Go home on my lunch break DL Origin thinking I would be able to start DLing it, and there is nothing in "My Games" tab. Go to order history and SimCity is listed there, yet nothing in the "My Games" tab! I go to help, and notice a temporary issues notice there. Click on it and it turns out there is a system wide issue, that will be corrected TBD... Great! Now maybe I'll get to waste DL time when I get off tonight, or maybe I wont even get to do that! EA, I know you guys get a lot of flack these days, and I'm not usually on that hate train, but Origin is garbage! Give it up and use Steam for DRM like EVERYBODY else!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 11:31:45 AM PST
Yeah, EA posted an announcement this morning that they botched the keys up and a lot of people don't show the purchase.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 11:32:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013, 11:37:41 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
True. The entire system solely exists as a point of sale. Jerks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 11:35:28 AM PST
Best. Reply. Ever.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 11:38:15 AM PST
http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/05/origin-having-issues-meeting-simcity-release-demand/

Origin having issues meeting SimCity release demand
Origin is having issues getting digital copies of SimCity out to those who have ordered the latest from Maxis.

According to various tweets from the official Origin Twitter account and the service's community manager, EA "continuing to distribute SimCity as quickly as possible," and the "focus is on getting" everyone playing.

A tweet from five hours ago stated that the game would be delivered within "the next one and a half hours."

However, it seems not everyone has their copy as of press time.

EA usually allows Origin users to pre-load its titles a day or so before release to help with the load, but for some reason, a pre-load option "didn't come together for SimCity unfortunately."

Thanks, Polygon.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 11:45:51 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Origin is a useless endeavor. I get why they did it...they want their piece of the pie after Valve's success, but it's just not consumer-friendly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 11:50:31 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You know who wouldn't have this issue?

Steam.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 11:51:06 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I haven't had any problems with origins.
You guys must suck at it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 11:57:26 AM PST
Except Steam has had this issue before. During sales, it's happened a few times where CD keys ran out and people were unable to play MP components of games until they got "restocked."

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 11:58:42 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Dude, I'm trying to hate on EA.

ORIGIN SUCKS!

*runs*

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 12:00:36 PM PST
Eh its why I plan on waiting for Sim City to hit Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 12:01:44 PM PST
Oh, I can get behind that. Origin does have plenty of stupid issues, and Battlelog seems to get screwy sometimes and "forget" entitlements such as DLC and stuff, so you have to contact customer support to fix your account so you can access content you've purchased.

But that particular issue is just something I've had happen to me on Steam, as well. So... yeah.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 12:03:03 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/clogged-streets-simcity-launch-plagued-by-server-problems/

"Microsoft editor Peter Bright reports letting his game hang at the loading animation for a full eight hours just after the game went live, with no results. He eventually was able to get in after two or three more attempts to contact EA's beleaguered servers."

So even when you're able to get in, you still may not be able to start the game and will have to try again.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 12:35:25 PM PST
I see what you did there.

I have not had issues with Origin, but god is it ugly.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 12:36:04 PM PST
It won't.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 12:45:59 PM PST
They said the same thing about the Sims 3. It will eventually, might just be awhile. I can wait.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 12:46:22 PM PST
A customer says:
I never have a problem with Origin. It works, it's not complicated, not the fastest thing in the world (but neither is Steam), etc.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
No more Prime Discount (for up to 2 weeks after release)? 12 25 minutes ago
PlayStation Experience Returns to Anaheim, CA on December 9th 1 35 minutes ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 12 1 hour ago
Xbox One X Losses Huge Exclsive Because Of Poor Reception, We Happy Few Announced For PS4. 0 1 hour ago
The Xbox One X Disaster Continues, Crackdown 3 Delayed For The 4th Time. 8 1 hour ago
Capcom Plans to Expand Console Business; Sales Focused Mostly on Sony and Nintendo Platforms 11 2 hours ago
Trump voters, does knowing you voted for the worst "president" in history bother you? 40 2 hours ago
OT: FLashlights 8 2 hours ago
The List Of Single Player Games You Over Killed 41 2 hours ago
OT: Early Cut Of Justice League Deemed “Unwatchable,” Substantial Changes Being Made 14 2 hours ago
4K Conan Exiles Xbox One Port Coming August 16, Playstation 4 Comes Later 13 3 hours ago
I've been playing the NBA Live 18 Demo &... 38 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.