Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 Impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 179 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012, 10:06:13 AM PST
Good point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012, 10:06:58 AM PST
I'm about 99.99999999999% sure that you did.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012, 10:08:14 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I noticed once I unlocked the perk to carry more ammo, I never really have the issue anymore. Although my average life is about 1 minute, sO i always get a fresh batch of ammo from my ressurection.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012, 2:52:57 PM PST
vishock says:
There arent any extra endings, at least i dont remember hearing or have ever heard of alternate endings in Halo. The difficulty levels just make it harder and open up other achievements.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012, 3:15:36 PM PST
shadowed one says:
So how would this game be for someone who has never played a Halo game? Interest level is both on MP and SP with more emphasis to MP. I come from a BF3 and MW3 background.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012, 3:58:03 PM PST
C. Kramer says:
@GoomZ The original Halo added more to the ending cinematic when you beat it on insane. *Halo 1 Spoiler* It showed sgt Johnson fighting with an elite over a gun, and as the pillar of autumn started blowing up, they hugged.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012, 4:21:55 PM PST
vishock says:
Ah cool beans, never finished halo 1 because i got that xbox right as the 360 was about to release XD

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012, 5:03:20 AM PST
waxc3 says:
highly recommended

Posted on Nov 12, 2012, 10:52:38 PM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Well, over this 3 day weekend, I finished the Campaign on Heroic, got to Spartan Rank 40, and I finished the first mission of the new Spartan Ops Episode 2. My final impressions?

Holy cow. In case you don't remember, I came off the first Campaign mission unimpressed. I really should've played and finished that second mission. The game really ramped up and became fun and the storyline really engaged me. What an absolutely awesome story. Without spoilers, the ending left me with tears welling up in my eyes and I really want to know what happens next. I gotta give it to 343, they did an amazing job. I can say without a doubt that this is my favorite Halo since Halo CE. I cannot stress just how impressed I was at the end of it. Also, Star Fox 64 anyone? :D

The MP is still awesome. I'm having fun with it, especially Infinity Big Team Slayer and Dominion. I've been able to get a group of 7 other friends together to play IBTS and we dominated. I even went 16 or 17 with no deaths using the Mantis and some very helpful teammates to get that 1st level of the 15 and 0 challenge done. Really quality stuff. Favorite maps are Ragnarok and Exile, followed by Longbow.

Also, anyone watch the cinematics for Spartan Ops? I don't know how I missed it the first time, but they are really well put together and look beautiful.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012, 10:57:56 PM PST
The mp is fun better than pre 343 Reach imo... but cheap armor abilities like promethean vision and active camouflage need to go... I don't know why bungie and 343 love to promote camping

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 12:15:47 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Strange, I haven't ran into any camping issues myself. Most matches seem to go in a circular flow.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 4:48:34 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i started the game on sunday afternoon. I played Spartan Ops and Mp and got to level 18. On monday i played the SP with 2 other co-op buddies and we finished it on Heroic within 4 hours. I was alos able to play Spartan Ops' new episode and ranked up to level 27.

I really loved the game and the sounds are better than before. Played the Flood in Mp sounds like playing StarCraft and i cant put my finger on the music on how it sounds familiar. I really enjoyed the game and the fist level is stupid hard while playing on Legendary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 4:52:48 AM PST
There is about 1 second of extra footage for beating it on legendary. Trust me. if you have played all the other halo games then you will want to see it. its worth it.

Anyone else feel that this game is waaaay harder on legendary than reach was?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 4:54:14 AM PST
Promethean vision actually discourages camping. it lets you see if someone is just around the corner.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 5:00:13 AM PST
waxc3 says:
love the new Spartan Ops episodes each week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 5:17:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 5:22:55 AM PST
"cheap armor abilities like promethean vision and active camouflage need to go... I don't know why bungie and 343 love to promote camping"

Promethean vision is actually the perfect counter to campers seeing as how it reveals all enemy positions through walls....Of course active camouflage is for campers, but camping can be a very useful strategy with the right weapons (snipe, shotgun) and good teamwork so it's nothing to whine about.

Not everybody feels as if meandering around the map is good strategy....I will agree though, best MP since Halo 2 for me.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 5:22:27 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
Promethean vision is awesome when playing as the Flood in MP.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 5:29:25 AM PST
I was worried about his game....mainly that it would play too much like Reach, but it hasn't....while it is updated in many ways, it still has a more classic Halo feel then Reach did.

One of the biggest improvements is the map design....some of the best in the series. Instead of using Forge as the main Map design engine, 343 took the time to create some great maps with good gameplay flow....the bigger maps are phenomenal and the Valhalla remake plays just as good as the original (maybe even better).

Overall I am impressed....the loadouts work well with the game....I have yet to see anything that dominates (nothing like armor lock did) and there enough options to keep me interested for months...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 6:01:01 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Armor lock was my biggest grievance with Halo Reach. The flow its absence provides in Halo 4 was surely welcome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 6:04:29 AM PST
I think everyone is glad that 343 left this one out....

I thought that Promethean Vision would dominate, but it seems balanced with other "enhancements"...

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 6:13:14 AM PST
Played through chapter 3 and a couple matches of MP last night and am a little more disappointed today. I did not want XP-like unlocks, it's the part of COD that I hated the most (well maybe second most behind the spawn, 3 seconds later die, watch killcam, repeat). It's cheap and stupid, I liked having 5 loadouts available to everyone. And there are perks, gods do I hate perks. I'm uncertain if I'm returning to the MP. The SP has been good so far, it is beautiful, but so far it's no Reach. 343 seems to think that throwing a ton of enemies with shields at you takes the place of good encounter design. Hopefully it gets better. Man am I sick of disappointments this year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 6:18:33 AM PST
what do you mean by "good encounter design"?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 6:19:42 AM PST
The set pieces don't seem to have that nice flow that I am used to with Halo games. It feels more like a clustereff with a bunch of shielded, invisible enemies to make it "hard".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 6:22:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 6:25:41 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Usually I'm not a big fan of the perks/unlocks systems either but with this game everything is balanced enough where you can still remain competitive without them. I've had a few games where I've been the top player (or near the top) and I was extremely outranked by everyone else in the match. I only recently unlocked the first set of perks mind you. And I'm not really sure what you mean by the encounter design in the campaign. It's very similar to all of the other Halo games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 6:25:07 AM PST
In previous Halo games you could play very casually (as I do) and still have a ton of fun due to great matchmaking and the lack of perks/killstreaks/unlocks. The only thing differentiating you from your competition was your skill right then and there, and since the matchmaking was so good you were usually with people of similar skill. That is not the case anymore, it's no longer for n00bs like me, it's now for the hardcores. And I'm sad about it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  38
Total posts:  179
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.