Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Assassin's Creed 4: 40% of missions to be ship shaped

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 5, 2013, 5:14:49 AM PST
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/05/assassins-creed-4-40-of-missions-to-be-ship-shaped/

It seems that Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag players will have plenty of chance to get their sea legs. In a Q&A released by Ubisoft, the developer reveals that around 40% of the game's missions will be naval-based. Not only that, but a "Horizon" system will create additional opportunities for potential pillagers. Seriously, Ubisoft? You're creating a dynamic pirate mission generator, and you don't call it the Yo-Ho-Horizon system?

"Mission wise, land missions will represent approximately 60% of the game and naval ones 40%," the Q&A states. "But if you take the global experience that players will leave with ACIVBF we're more talking about 50-50.

"The Seamless, systemic open-world system (Horizon System) packed full of sea and underwater activities will represent a big part of the game."

According to Ubisoft, at any point you'll be able to take out a spyglass, scan the horizon and be given 2-3 dynamically generated naval activities, from robbing a merchant convoy, to whale hunting or pirate rescue.

As promising as it all sounds, it's a very different idea of an Assassin's Creed game. Ubisoft reassure that the series' staples will also be present. "Free-running, social stealth and combat are still the key pillars of our ground experience but are also used (free-running and combat) in the boarding sequences of ships."

Are you looking forward to high-seas hijinks, or are you more of a landlubber, worried about the new game's nautical shift?

Thanks, Videogamer.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 5:16:55 AM PST
A customer says:
Ehhhh

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 5:17:03 AM PST
new Tron says:
Is there a demo available that showcases the ship combat? I'd like to see what it's like, as I don't have any plans to play Assassin's Creed III.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 5:18:19 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Demo, no. Youtube is probably your best bet. Loved the sea battles.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 5:18:55 AM PST
So is this the first game since Wind Waker where I'll spend most my time getting my sea legs?

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 5:27:50 AM PST
How about getting rid of the mulitplayer and focusing on single player so the game will be less buggy and have more dlc?

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 5:32:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013, 5:32:20 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I liked the ship missions a lot in 3 but I don't know how I feel about spending almost half of the game doing them. The on foot stuff is what makes Assassin's Creed Assassin's Creed.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 6:19:37 AM PST
Voice of god says:
When I first heard about the game, the suspicion that there would be a lot of naval battles took this Assassin's Creed from a perennial no-brainer day-one buy to a wait-for-reviews thing.

Now that half the game will be my least favorite part of ACIII, it drops to bargain-bin-at-most or outright-pass status.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 6:22:16 AM PST
I've been hearing a lot of people didn't care for the naval battles.

What didn't you like about them?

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 6:22:52 AM PST
I'm curious to see this game actually. I know they are working on a game that doesn't go into loading screens and you can jump off your boat at any time and swim to land or other boats.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 6:23:43 AM PST
Which is better - Sailing in Two Worlds 2 or sailing in Assassin's Creed 3?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 6:24:10 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Odd because I have yet to hear a single bad thing about the navel battles. Only thing that kept making me want to go back to AC3 honeslty. It certainly wasn't Conner!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 6:28:13 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i loved them. I have not played a game like it. To me its new and fresh.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 6:32:37 AM PST
def going to wait on this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 6:59:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013, 7:00:15 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
This post from late January should be enough to describe my feelings about this game -

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdMsgID=Mx2SFYHNVCJ20KH&cdMsgNo=63&cdPage=3&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1X5RW4EG2OL0A#Mx2SFYHNVCJ20KH

So, yeah, the best part of AC3 fleshed out into a full game? It's exactly what I wished for!

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 7:03:05 AM PST
We should assume that 40% of the game is ACIII style navel battles. I'm sure with boats being such a big part of the game there will be several things to do on a boat beyond shooting cannons.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 7:03:18 AM PST
OP says:
Unless they make too many missions like the Giant and the Storm, the mission that took me a good chunk of an afternoon to 100% synchro.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 7:09:59 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I never bothered to go back for 100% sync on the naval missions I missed (or any other missions for that matter). I did get a perfect sync on most of the naval missions first go, though.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 7:15:02 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"According to Ubisoft, at any point you'll be able to take out a spyglass, scan the horizon and be given 2-3 dynamically generated naval activities, from robbing a merchant convoy, to whale hunting or pirate rescue."

Awe........ Some!

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 7:19:29 AM PST
Sea Wolf and Moby Dick were among my favorites when I was a kid ... so I think this is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 7:25:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2013, 7:26:27 AM PST
prsmooth says:
If they plan to do something similar to RDR, which arbitrary activities would pop-up around you ( robberies, hold-ups, ambushes,etc.. ), that would be cool.

I be interesting in hijacking ships.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 7:32:01 AM PST
Somali pirates will boycott AC4.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2013, 7:33:07 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I thought they were slow, repetitive, and just not what I play Assassin's Creed for. Some of the optional objectives were really unreasonable and relied too heavily on chance.

Most of all, though, I thought there was just too much of it. You have to do a lot of them and replay some of them several times to 100% the game. I certainly don't want to do more of what I thought was too much. They're currently the only thing keeping me from 100%ing the game, because I simply don't want to play them and pray that three enemy ships just happen to line up in my sights when I'm ready to shoot.

Posted on Mar 5, 2013, 8:14:49 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Can't wait.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
October is close - What horror games will you be playing? 0 7 hours ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 new trailer coming 28 september, 11AM ET 16 7 hours ago
Is The Xbox One X In Danger Of Being Dead On Arrival? 14 7 hours ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 4654 7 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 9/25-10/1 17 7 hours ago
Butthole Games Lashing Out Against Epic over Fortnite’s Battle Royale Mode Is Downright Embarrassing 19 7 hours ago
First trailer for Tomb Raider movie 27 8 hours ago
Police seek 'mad pooper' woman jogger who's defecating shamelessly on people's front lawns 13 8 hours ago
Xbox X pre-orders back for the 2nd time and the X roars to #1 in less than a day curbstomping the Pro once again. 101 8 hours ago
OT: Week 3 NFL picks 48 8 hours ago
Sony Ships Another Half Million PlayStation VR Headsets, Dominates Competition 74 8 hours ago
Nvidia lists Amazon as partner for Destiny 2 promotion. 10 9 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Mar 5, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.