Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 801-825 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012, 8:32:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012, 9:09:57 PM PST
The show definitely keeps you on your toes.

I felt the same way about Michonne not helping Glenn and Maggie, but then I thought about it and Michonne A) was injured, B) didn't really know Glenn and Maggie and C) she didn't know Merle killed "Neil" so she probably had no idea if he was in hiding or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012, 8:56:08 PM PST
user22 says:
Going crazy? He had already gone crazy. I believe the phone was a metaphorical wake up call. It was the sane half of his mind's way of correcting the crazy half and coming to the realization that Lori is in a safer place now.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012, 10:15:18 PM PST
This episode wasn't that great in opinion... There were some nice elements in there and I liked how a few things played out but there was a lot I took issue with as well.

For starters how the phone situation played out sucked. It flat out sucked. Shocker I'm bringing up the comics again but that was a far better way. It was more drawn out, pulled you into thinking there was an actual group out there and this might lead to something before the bomb is dropped on Rick that he's been talking to Lori the whole time. I felt like things progressed way too quickly and right out the gate they gave it away with Rick keeping it to himself, not letting Hershel sit with him, and then how those on the phone kept mentioning stuff they wouldn't know. Also I didn't like how they brought back season one characters hoping the audience wouldn't recognize their voice but right away I recognized Jim's voice.

How in the hell does Merle get the drop on two people who have a gun drawn on him? Not only that but Maggie isn't a slouch and regularly worked with Rick and the others to clear out walkers, Glenn was giving her all the signs not to trust to him by telling him he had to stay yet neither of them fired on him when he did an obvious reach behind him and then had to pull the gun out and aim? Are you kidding me? I'm throwing the BS flag on that one because there was nothing there that remotely hinted Merle was faster than them and that he had the drop on them. Hell we saw Maggie bring her finger to the trigger and steady her aim on him but still he got the drop. Didn't like that in the slightest.

I officially hate Andrea's character now. They've ruined her completely in my opinion by bringing in a romantic relationship with the Governor (is she going to jump in bed with everyone who is a threat to the group? Seriously...) and how she handled the girl out on the wall. Before she had been kind of wary of a few things and how she said she killed her dad and brother yet it didn't phase Andrea I found that hard to believe especially after Michonne leaving like that. What was once a strong character now just feels like a cling on and I'm wondering what her point is now.

Michonne doing work is always a welcome sight and I rather liked how things played out between her and Merle. She definitely got the drop on them (literally) and managed to hold her own while kicking Merle's ass as well. I'm a little confused on how she found her way to the prison, on foot, injured, that quickly but this is a TV show so you have to suspend some disbelief.

Called it on Carol being alive. This show doesn't do off screen deaths and again they pulled that fake out crap of making it seem like someone was dead only to bring them back. I hope this doesn't become a regular thing because now it is going to be rather obvious if we don't see someone die.

This was an okay episode in my opinion but I don't like how certain things are playing out. I'm looking forward to next week though now that things are going to start ramping up with the Governor since he has Glenn and Maggie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012, 11:30:33 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
She was injured, I don't think she could have got around behind him since she was having trouble walking. I knew the phone was just him going crazy, you could tell by the look on Herschel's face when he put to his ear that there wasn't any dial tone. And then when they wouldn't open that door to kill those zombies and Daryl said "we'll get the on the way back" I knew it had to be carol in there.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 7:53:49 AM PST
User says:
Very annoyed with this episode. I know it was a transitional episode building up future episodes but I was just bored the majority of the episode. I have finally given up hope that Andrea will become what she was meant to be. My hopes that Carol would fill in for Andrea are gone, I mean, she was hiding in a closet the whole time. At least Carol's presence will keep Daryl grounded to the group in the coming episodes. I really hope I am wrong and the coming heinous acts performed by the Governor changes Andrea into something more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 8:13:00 AM PST
I think Carol could surge back honestly. She showed a lot of strength making it through there and I think what probably happened was she locked herself in there when the hall was full of zombies and then just got weak, dehydrated, and all that stuff (plus it has to be hot as hell in there) while sitting in there for two or three days.

I've got no hope for Andrea though, the way she just caved on the whole being taken off the wall was proof of that.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 8:21:40 AM PST
How likely do you think it is that they are having Andrea look like a submissive girl only to have her kill the Governor after she finds out what he does to Glenn and Maggie? It seems that's the direction they're heading towards. Although, you never know with The Walking Dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 8:22:04 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 19, 2012, 8:23:01 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 8:28:42 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon 5 minutes ago]

Good old Amazon keeping us safe from such terrible language.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 8:30:25 AM PST
I don't think that is where they are heading with it, I think if anything she's going to end up being a victim of the Governor when she discovers Glenn and Maggie being there. Feels more like we'll see how sadistic he can get by betraying someone he appears to love.

Remember there was another girl in his bed not too long ago and we have no idea what happened to her.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 8:59:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012, 8:59:22 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, not a particularly thrilling episode, but it was decent. Knew weeks ago that Carol was still alive, during his first conversation on the phone I figured the phone calls were only in Rick's mind (though I didn't realize it was Lori). Andrea story is getting less interesting as she willingly ignores all the warning signs about the Gov.

And I'm with you, Keji, about the annoying scene with Glen, Maggie, and Merle. I mean, I'm fine with Merle getting the jump on them from a narrative standpoint, but the way it played out on screen was just ridiculous. There was plenty of time for either of them to shoot. And what did Glen do? Run away for a second? They should have just reconsidered exactly how they were going to have Merle overtake them. I felt the fight scene with Merle and Michonne was similarly silly because the walkers just came out of nowhere instantly. They're pretty darn slow and shambling, but they suddenly appear without warning at the exact moment that Michonne did? Come on...

I did really like the dialogue between Daryl and Carl. Gave a little bit more purpose to Carol going missing (further cementing the idea of Carol as a mother-figure for Daryl). Also enjoy where the show is headed with Michonne going to the prison and stirring up trouble for the inevitable conflict with the Governor. Gonna be fun!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:10:01 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013, 5:33:02 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:11:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012, 9:15:23 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Ewww...

Was that in the show?

Ewww...

Edit: Heh, so Daryl has an Oedipus Complex then, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:13:45 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:18:56 AM PST
User says:
She brought Daryl some food. They talked. Carol said something about it being romantic and asking if he wanted to 'screw around'. Daryl said stop and as he was climbing down he said, "I'll go down first."

I always saw them as a potential couple, never really viewed her as a mother figure. She's not as old as she appears, mid 40s compared to Daryl's late 30s.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:20:06 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Heh, yeah, I definitely never viewed the two as a couple. Not in the slightest.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:20:07 AM PST
Speaking of Daryl I really liked how they showed him alone trying to deal with the idea of Carol being dead. Shows that there is way more to him than he lets on and he isn't displaying his weakness (partly I think due to Rick being so out of it at the moment). I also liked how things played out with him and Carl, how he was trying to relate to Carl and everything but Carl just shut it down with "I shot my mom, it was real." and Daryl instantly knew he had nothing.

Also I forgot to mention Merle has been lying to the Governor about stuff and keeping things from him. Curious to see how that is going to play out and if Merle's loyalties really lie with the Governor or if he's just been biding his time until a better opportunity presents itself.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 9:21:21 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Andrea sucks. That is all.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 9:37:25 AM PST
user22 says:
I thought the scene with Merle getting the jump on Glen and Maggie was fine. It shows how much of a snake Merle is, being able to talk his way close enough to them to make a move. Glen was obviously shocked at him still being alive and having a crazy knife hand and Maggie was completely confused as to who this guy was, how Glen knows him and also why he has a crazy knife hand. Along with the veil of being alone and concerned about his brother made him seem less threatening, so he was able to use that to his advantage.

As for the fight with Merle and Michonne, the walkers did not show up instantly, they were attracted to the sounds. Merle was yelling out to Michonne after they found her "Biter-gram" and then of course there were the gun shots. Merle even mentions it to that other guy(with the name he can't pronounce) as well as stating a couple of times that they are near the walker "red zone."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:44:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012, 9:47:52 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I get what they were trying to do with the Merle/Glen scene, but it was just poorly done. The way it was shown, Glen and Maggie had more than enough time to react to him, especially Maggie who has no past history with him. Heck, or Glen who knows how dangerous he can be.

And, still, with the Merle/Michonne encounter, they were in a sparsely covered wooded area. Those walkers would've have been spotted from a much further distance, especially for these two guys on the hunt.

I mean, it's not a big deal, just two poorly shown sequences that require a bit of suspension of disbelief. No biggie.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:48:43 AM PST
user22 says:
Carol as a mother-figure for Daryl?! That's like thinking Beth is going to become a mother-figure for Carl. No, they've been hinting at Daryl/Carol as a couple since early last season. The dialogue between Daryl and Carl had nothing to do with Carol, it was simply Daryl trying to relate to Carl losing his mom, as well as adding a bit more backstory to Daryl's character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:49:44 AM PST
"The way it was shown, Glen and Maggie had more than enough time to react to him, especially Maggie who has no past history with him at all."

Not only that but Glenn was giving Maggie all the signs of do not trust this guy. He was adamant that Merle wasn't coming with them and keeping Merle at a distance, Maggie even glanced at him and resighted on Merle putting some pressure on the trigger and everything. From what I saw there was no reason the moment Merle went for the gun that Glenn and Maggie wouldn't have unloaded on him and killed him.

A better way for it to play out would have been while Glenn was inside Merle happens upon Maggie getting the drop on her, then Glenn comes out wondering why Maggie isn't responding and then they both realize who the other is. Merle has a gun on Maggie, Michonne could have watched the whole thing go down, and now Glenn has to do what Merle says.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:50:01 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:51:15 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
"while Glenn was inside Merle"???

What show were you watching?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 9:52:25 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Of course it was primarily about Daryl relating to Carl and giving a bit more depth to Daryl's character, but I saw it as a bit of a window into why Daryl cares so much about Carol. Of course, with the love interest angle, that's kinda thrown out the window, lol. I was mostly trying to make sense of WHY the writers decided to have Carol out of the picture for a couple of episodes. Still can't see what purpose that served for the narrative at all. Hopefully it'll lead into something, because it's served no narrative function whatsoever at this point, just a random bump in the road.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft sells out pre-orders for new Xbox One X ‘Project Scorpio Edition’ 10 25 seconds ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 2651 52 seconds ago
Ouch! First In-Game Screenshot Xbox One X Vs PS Pro Comparision Show Extra Foliage And Crisper Picture In The PS Pro Version, Xbox One X version's Framrate Drops Significantly. 5 4 minutes ago
Yakuza Kiwami = Review Thread 8 8 minutes ago
ot: can y'all shut up for second so we can talk about Game of Thrones? 13 9 minutes ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2017 Edition 300 21 minutes ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/21-8/27 5 28 minutes ago
microsoft did nothing but disappoint: gamescom 2017 press conference 24 29 minutes ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 4095 2 hours ago
The Day After Microsoft's Gamescom Debacle, Every Major Retailer Still Has Stock Of Xbox One X 20 2 hours ago
The Surge 11 3 hours ago
Gamescom 2017: Here's Your First Look at PS4 Console Exclusive Shenmue III 1 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  188
Total posts:  3751
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers