Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Are you going to re-elect (purchase their next gen consoles) Nintendo, Sony and/or Microsoft?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 84 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:15:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012, 11:17:17 AM PST
I am hoping the U is all I end up with next generation. I really have such a massive backlog I really could use an entire generation to catch up. I went with the U because I have kids and it will have fewer games. I really have enough for now and should spend money else where. I figure 10-15 great top shelf Nintendo titles next generation is all I need. I still need to play Mass Effect 1-3, Uncharted 3 and Dark Souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:18:40 AM PST
MJM says:
You know what, the Wii U is doing nothing for me. I really can't see myself getting one...at least as of right now or anytime in the near future...but who knows, maybe a game will come along that's a must play, ultimately leading me into picking up one of the bastards.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:21:46 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Even if I passed on the Wii U launch, the inevitable Zelda and possible Metroid will lure me back in.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:24:01 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I have all three, so no matter who I choose it's a re-election. Given that the more I hear about the Durango the more turned off I am, I suspect I won't have an Xbox this next go around, but I'm hoping for a PS4 and Wii U.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:24:35 AM PST
MJM says:
Me too...well unless the next Metroid game follows in the footsteps of Other M...then I'm totally OK with not playing it.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:26:10 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I'll for sure be backing the PS4 and will, for the first time, be an early adopter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:27:01 AM PST
MJM says:
I too own all three, and love all three for different reasons...but just based on my gaming habits/purchases it would better suite me to just go with the PS4 in the next generation. I seem to spend the majority of my gaming time/money on the PS3 as it is...so it just makes sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:27:52 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
There's next to zero possibility of that happening. Nintendo could never be so out of touch as to repeat that tragedy. Another first-person Metroid is a day one purchase for sure. A Metroid game that's third-person like Other M, but that takes the good and revamps the bad from Other M, would be worth investing in also.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:29:44 AM PST
Cyberphobia says:
I currently have a PS3. I'm thinking of going the Wii U/PC route next gen. I won't be an early Wii U adaptor so it will depend on how the 3rd party support looks, along with online functionality. My computer is like 7 years old now, so might as well go for the full gamer upgrade, making a next gen console slightly irrelevant excpet for fun exclusives and Netflix stuff.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:30:27 AM PST
Billzer says:
I will wait on the PS4/Nextbox until they come out a few years later with smaller, slimmer models with bigger hard drives that are bundled with nice games for a lot less cost.

Have a huge backlog to put a dent into. Also by waiting, the next gen's games will be reviewed, ranked, and have dropped in price.

The Wii U I could see getting soon for NSMBU, ZombiU, Zelda, Lego City....

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:31:45 AM PST
klopas says:
I'm getting the Wii U Deluxe, but I'm not sure I'll day one buy the new iterations of Xbox and PS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:32:12 AM PST
MJM says:
I would love a new Metriod along the lines of the original NES version and Super Metroid...those games kicked donkey. I did enjoy the Metroid Prime series...but for some reason it just never really felt like Metroid...if you know what I mean?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:33:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012, 11:36:28 AM PST
"I think the PS3 and 360 are very stupid..."

but then buys a WiiU...essentially a PS3. (spec wise)

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:34:57 AM PST
Wii U: Definitely
Playstation Death: Maybe.
Nextbox: Probably not.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:37:47 AM PST
PS4 Definitely
WiiU eventually
NxBx ...FU

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:49:09 AM PST
Alien Fodder says:
My vote will definitely go to Sony, unless the PS4 has a weak line-up to start with. MS will not get my vote with the 720 simply because for me there are no exclusives that would justify this purchase (especially if the price is kinda steep).

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 11:57:22 AM PST
saskamazon says:
I'm in for the Wii U, & depending on what the PS4 brings to the table I will consider it ... I have the PS3 from last fall & so have a huge library of games for it, & with new releases piling on as well, I have no shortage of home entertainment.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 12:00:44 PM PST
I hope to not re-elect any of the new consoles. But I said this last term as well.
I still have a backlog of PS2 and GC games. And don't get me started on PS3 and the Wii. I just recently added a PSP and have a huge backlog for that as well.

The good news, if I hold out, I should be able to get the next generation after price cuts and when (used) games are cheaper.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 12:45:12 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
Wii u - will not vote for this candidate, he's been runni g on the same policies since 1989 and it's just not my thing.

Xbox next - this candidate is going to have to wow me with exclusive games and features that I can't get anywhere else if I'm going to "jump in" for a another go. Xbox live gold is got g to have to change for the better for me to stay committed to paying.

Ps4 - definately a day one purchase for me. Hopefully there isn't a launch day debacle like its predecessor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 12:55:38 PM PST
MJM says:
Saskamazon it actually pays to get into the console way after launch...I picked up the PS3 and a ton of high quality games really cheap by doing so...sure you don't get to play the latest and greatest right then and there...but your wallet won't take such a drastic hit either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:23:23 PM PST
Nicos says:
I am going to go independent! I am going to go ... PC!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 11:46:07 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, I'm fairly certain I will, and very possibly in the same order I purchased them this gen - Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012, 7:48:52 AM PST
Fried says:
PS4 definitely
Nextbox later on depending on exclusives

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012, 8:51:09 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i know i want the next xbox.
i may want the next playstation.
i do not want the wii-u.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012, 9:23:22 AM PST
WiiU: I'll see what it has to offer and the promises it can make. I might dip in some cash in the games I'll like and maybe play them on a friends house or something.
Playstation: Maybe but probably not. It would have to wow me big time for that as I'm happy with its current gen, and until they stop the support of the current gen, I won't vote for the new one.
Xbox: after the Fifa and red ring fiasco, I'm going to wait and see. I hope they address the situations the predecessor had, and see what promises and games they'll release.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Microsoft sells out pre-orders for new Xbox One X ‘Project Scorpio Edition’ 10 35 seconds ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 2651 1 minute ago
Ouch! First In-Game Screenshot Xbox One X Vs PS Pro Comparision Show Extra Foliage And Crisper Picture In The PS Pro Version, Xbox One X version's Framrate Drops Significantly. 5 4 minutes ago
Yakuza Kiwami = Review Thread 8 8 minutes ago
ot: can y'all shut up for second so we can talk about Game of Thrones? 13 10 minutes ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2017 Edition 300 21 minutes ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/21-8/27 5 29 minutes ago
microsoft did nothing but disappoint: gamescom 2017 press conference 24 29 minutes ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 4095 2 hours ago
The Day After Microsoft's Gamescom Debacle, Every Major Retailer Still Has Stock Of Xbox One X 20 2 hours ago
The Surge 11 3 hours ago
Gamescom 2017: Here's Your First Look at PS4 Console Exclusive Shenmue III 1 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer