Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

PlayStation Plus for PS Vita available next week with 6 "free" games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 178 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:27:57 AM PST
If they're on the fence, that means they have to buy $80 storage in addition to the $50/year.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:31:12 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I wouldn't say it's like that for most people. You can buy a smaller memory card, even just the 16GB, and it's really not that hard to move things around unless you are exceptionally lazy or just really strapped for time. A lot of people may already have plus as well. I got mine for free last xmas and I'm hoping I'll get another this year so I don't even have to spend $50!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:32:54 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:33:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 10:35:01 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
You're really reaching for a reason to hate on this now, aren't you?

You could either a) plug the Vita into the wall (duh) or b) download on the PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:34:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 10:35:25 AM PST
Nope. I actually had Plus but decided not to keep it since I had all of the good games already.

I even gave my Amazon Verified Purchase of the Vita 5/5 stars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:37:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 10:38:30 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I think you're reaching for things to complain about too. I own most of those games too but I still recognize that it's great for a lot of people. I also only have the 8GB and I do just fine balancing DL Vita titles and PSP games. It usually takes me a week or 2 to finish a handheld game anyway so it's not hard to set the Vita up to DL new games once in awhile while it's on the charger.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:38:53 AM PST
or plug into the cable box, or the PC or etc...this guy

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 10:39:00 AM PST
saskamazon says:
wow, that is a wonderful start to PS+ for Vita ! folks will love getting all those games - I'm really surprised that UCGA & GR are a part of the deal ... nice for new Vita owners. I own all but Jet Set & the PSP game ... so not too much for me, I was hoping for discounts on games as opposed to freebies ...

hopefully though, this will get Vita sales moving for the holiday ... get the install base up & then more games will be made - win / win. :-) Sony is offering solid incentive to buy their hardware & plus ...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:39:21 AM PST
If people like it, that's good for them, but I was really arguing against the argument that it's a "no-brainer" if you have PS3 and Vita. It's really not if you buy the games when they come out.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 10:40:22 AM PST
A customer says:
Right, all these free games, only have a 4GB card.

LET'S GO BUY A 32GB CARD!....for 60 dollars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:40:24 AM PST
Totido says:
You can.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:42:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 10:43:19 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Well I bet a number of people won't buy the games when they come out now. Look at Mayo he was holding off on buying some games to see what would be on plus. I still will buy new retail for the most part if it's something I like because I like to support games day 1 but not everyone is like that so it is a "no brainer" for many people.

I was hoping for more discounts myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:42:41 AM PST
Totido says:
They were on Amazon one day from a partner. It was mentioned in VGF, but everyone was afraid it was a rip off. I know Mayo and I took the plunge and it was the real thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:44:41 AM PST
Yes, RebA is from the stevia plant. I love that stuff.

pure cane sugar is my favorite though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:49:06 AM PST
Yeah, I'm actually a fan of more discounts on more games than a few big games that I likely already bought for free. Perhaps I'm in the minority. I did like the discounts on PS3 when I had Plus. Another reason I like the discounts is because you still own the games even if you unsub from Plus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:57:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 10:58:20 AM PST
If you find a few products with it check out monk fruit/mogroside V/luo han guo. Very nice stuff. I think Kinghorn at OSU discovered it. I still maintain we should be using cane sugar and people should just workout a bit. Really calories aren't a bad thing, just energy. Use the energy you consume, problem solved. I remember purifying some Reb A as a standard, that was a pain because of B and C. Though purifying Mogroside wasn't fun either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:57:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 11:08:45 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I don't think we're not in the majority in the VGF that's for sure. I like to get good deals but I also like to support the hobby when I can. I'm keeping my Newegg pre-orders for Tearaway, Sly 4 etc. I don't always care about having a bunch games lining my shelves though. Clutter!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 10:57:43 AM PST
G-Love says:
"or b) download on the PS3."

What do you mean by this Garion? I could download the Vita game to my PS3, then somehow transfer it to the Vita? I'm seriously considering buying a Vita now, since I'm already a PS+ member and have a PS3. I'm really digging this service!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 11:01:16 AM PST
Yeah. Apparently you can download all Vita content into your PS3 and store it there, and when you want to play any game, you just plug the Vita to your PS3 and transfer it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 11:04:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 11:06:00 AM PST
or on a PC

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/gb/psvita/cm/installcma.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 11:05:26 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Yes. All Vita content is in the PS3 PS Store as well. You can download onto the PS3 and when you connect to the Vita with the USB cable, it'll bring up the content manager and let you transfer it.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 11:06:39 AM PST
klopas says:
This is a stellar deal. If I fall in love with one of the games Plus is offering, I'll buy it. That way if I decide to cancel Plus, I'll still have the game years from now. Think about it. Are you really going to play every game that Plus is offering, well after you've cancelled your subscription? This is great for people who play a game to completion and move on with their lives. And from reading the posts in this topic, the majority of people probably would have never played most of these games if the Plus service wasn't offering them.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 11:11:22 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
You don't even need to store the games on your PS3. Once the Store adds the games to your download list, you can download them whenever you want...regardless of whether the game is still offered for free or not. Just follow the download process up to the point where you tell the system to download it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 11:20:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012, 11:27:24 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Uh, me? Because I got a Vita a less than two weeks ago? So you don't understand why someone would have a Vita for 3 weeks and not have those games?

This argument is weak.

This has actually confirmed my resolve to get a PS3 this black friday. So all benefits for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 11:31:04 AM PST
The PS3 is a nice system. It's my most used system. partially because it's also my Netflix box and my Blu ray player.

I hope you like it too! And I also hope you like the Vita. I too don't ahve any of those games on the list, so to ge them for free is a nice bonus.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Xbox X pre-orders back for the 2nd time and the X roars to #1 in less than a day curbstomping the Pro once again. 79 7 hours ago
Sony Ships Another Half Million PlayStation VR Headsets, Dominates Competition 19 7 hours ago
OT: Anyone see any bad movies lately? 13 8 hours ago
PSN "Animation" Flash Sale (Sept 2017) 8 9 hours ago
nintendo 1 9 hours ago
Digital Foundry Forza 7 Demo Comparison 0 9 hours ago
Will Xbox 1X/PS4 PRO work without internet? 3 10 hours ago
Police seek 'mad pooper' woman jogger who's defecating shamelessly on people's front lawns 10 12 hours ago
What Game Do You Want To See Remastered? 103 12 hours ago
Mountain Dew and Doritos Giving Away Xbox One X Consoles Every 60 Seconds Soon 20 13 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 9/18-9/24 54 13 hours ago
I beat Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's story mode in one sitting, AMA 0 13 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  178
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.