Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Solar Storm Hysteria: Latest BS From The Doomtard Squad

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013, 7:07:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013, 7:09:34 AM PST
Got it. My apologies for the misunderstanding, AndrewA.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013, 7:04:06 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Sounded like he was just being facetious to me, man. I vouch for him. I know Andrew better than to think his comment was at all serious.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013, 7:02:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013, 7:03:03 AM PST
@AndrewA;
I didn't sound like it was in jest. But since you claim it was, I will take your word for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013, 6:51:17 AM PST
AndrewA says:
My post was purely in jest if you didn't know. I honestly can't tell if you know that or not

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 5:50:20 PM PST
Mmmm... doomtard.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 5:45:25 PM PST
I keep thinking the title says ". . .From The Doomtard Salad", and then I'm really hungry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 5:31:28 PM PST
"...but I was wondering if you can find out what plants will crave once the shun is gone forever."

That's an easy answer. Brawndo. It's got electrolytes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 5:22:24 PM PST
Yes, I know.

I was just questioning the claim that this was going to be a rough year for solar weather.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 7:55:40 AM PST
It's not affecting my day either.

Just wanted to make a point, that's all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 7:54:04 AM PST
FOGE says:
I agree man. I think it could happen, but its not affecting my day at all. I just dont think the chances are great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 7:33:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 7:59:13 AM PST
@FOGE:
Read my reply to AndrewA.

No offense, but I seriously hope that Fox news is not your almighty hub of information. I recall just right after Thanksgiving they had a link to a "Countdown To Doomsday" clock for the 12/21/12 "Mayan Apocalypse", using the same idiot reporter that's in the solar storm article.

.........and guess what? 12/21/12 came and went and WOW, NOTHING happened! Just like Y2K, 06/06/06, The Rapture, etc. Not exactly a good track record. Not exactly a source I would take seriously to say the very least.

As far as I'm concerned Fox News, along with intellectually challenged individuals like Brad Meltzer and his History Channel cronies should be in the same category as supermarket tabloids.

I rest my case.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 7:16:07 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Doomtardiness? Oh, snap. I'm calling the Doomtruancy patrol!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 6:45:24 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Thank you for the kind words, but I was wondering if you can find out what plants will crave once the shun is gone forever. I think it will be human meat, because they'll have plenty of that to eat after the solar flart barbeques our gooey insides.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 6:42:54 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Yay! Finally all those years of doomtardiness have paid off.

I'd like to start by declaring the sun public enemy number one. From now on it will be referred to as the shun, because that's what we're doing to it. An old fashioned Amish Shunning. Turn your backs to the light, my people.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 6:30:47 AM PST
Riyoshi says:
"Yeah, but it doesnt go away just because we type a different number on Jan 1. Its still a similar threat. A solar flare would incinerate the Earth anyways. It would knock out the electrical grid. The last time this happened was 1944 so we already know how extensive the damage would be. I would get worked up over it. The world won't keep spinning."

OH MYYY GOOOOOOD
Am I saved when I put my head into the Sand?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 6:27:53 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, but it doesnt go away just because we type a different number on Jan 1. Its still a similar threat. Its not like a solar flare would incinerate the Earth anyways. It would just knock out the electrical grid for some period of time. The last time this happened was 1859 so we dont really know how extensive the damage would be. I wouldnt get to worked up over it. The world will keep spinning.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 5:41:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 5:53:39 AM PST
@AndrewA;
It's intrigues me that Fox was pretty much the ONLY news source with this particular article. Yahoo!, Road Runner, MSNBC, YNN, CBS, etc. didn't have anything pertaining to it.

The NASA website, like I said before, has small article on it and pretty much dispels the fear mongering the Fox article spews.

Everyone involved in this discussion should check out cosmophobia.org (the former 2012hoax.org website). It debunks all the garbage spewed about doomsday theories. Since the info on the 2012/hoax site was obviously correct the new site info should be without a doubt also.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013, 6:22:28 PM PST
Oh. Thought he was joking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013, 6:18:04 PM PST
GUEST!! says:
I was asking for source on the guy who claimed Fox was freaking out of the pending apocalypse on 13/13/13

Posted on Jan 15, 2013, 5:48:36 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I don't know why you guys are putting them down so much. This sounds totally credible.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013, 5:38:50 PM PST
I voted for the guy with the powers of the sun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013, 4:53:34 PM PST
Actually it's not that bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/01/14/perfect-solar-storm-sun-activity-to-peak-in-2013/

"The whole solar storm could just pass us by, of course, like a giant hurricane that never quite makes landfall. Don't over-react: the sun is not exploding. The end is not nigh."

<snip>

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013, 4:49:31 PM PST
Wasn't 2012 supposed to be the peak of this current solar cycle?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013, 2:34:34 PM PST
Benpachi says:
Yay! I hereby declare Soulshine Supreme Leader of The Doomtard Squad.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013, 2:33:37 PM PST
I can't, in good conscience, nominate him. He's too intelligent to be affiliated with that network.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 6472 1 hour ago
OT: World's First Flying Car 5 2 hours ago
Ouch! Microsoft's Exclusive Xbox IP Stable Is In Rough Shape, And Has Been For Years 3 2 hours ago
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered emancipated from its Infinite Warfare shackles 13 2 hours ago
Persona 5 Impressions 505 5 hours ago
State of the Reddit: Your Alternative Home to the AVGF! 154 6 hours ago
PS4 Exclusive - What Remain's of Edith Finch - Reviews 15 6 hours ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2017 Edition 230 6 hours ago
'Overwatch' pro goes on racist tirade on stream, destroys his own career 26 7 hours ago
Target Has Quite The Mario Kart 8 Promotion 30 7 hours ago
OT: Liberalism in 2017 21 7 hours ago
Give Me One, Solid E3 Prediction! Less than 2 Months Away! 66 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.