Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: What is your favorite scene from a movie?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 225 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 8:56:45 AM PDT
La migra!!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 8:57:56 AM PDT
The Donald says:
Every scene from the Avengers.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:03:00 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
I'd also like to add the end scene of Man On Fire when Denzel climbs into the car. Wow... that gives me goosebumps.

Also in Field of Dreams when the little girl is chocking so Archie Graham chooses to step off the field and therefore becoming Doc Graham again. I tear up every single damn time!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:06:33 AM PDT
The Donald says:
The fight scene from Kill Bill, where she fights the crazy 88.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 9:12:01 AM PDT
user22 says:
+1 for the ending of American History X!

Also, I just remembered the ending of The Mist: http://youtu.be/0K-BV_m7Oz4

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 9:25:03 AM PDT
Jon says:
Waffle Man!!! Burnt and crispy, bad guys are history. Also, with my Truth Syrup...
It was Dane Cook before he was Dane Cook. Im so glad other people have seen this movie outside of my family!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:27:01 AM PDT
Mrs. User says:
The Shining, when he's "drinking" in the bar.

Gone With the Wind (yeah, I know) when he carries her up the stairs.

Hero, when they have the fight over the lake. Although that's tied with the scene where they fight in the rain while the man plays music.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 9:28:16 AM PDT
I LOVE Hero! Best wuxia film ever IMO (certainly better than the overrated Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon).

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:29:22 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Name a movie, any movie and I will make it better the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:30:51 AM PDT
J. says:
Some really good mentions so far, I stole a couple:

Desperado: Steve Buscemi's story.

Pulp Fiction: Bruce Willis in the pawn shop.

Ace Ventura 2: the rhino birth scene.

Team America: The gorillas + blueberries story.

Monsters Ball: The "Can you make me feel good?" scene.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 9:47:04 AM PDT
Mrs. User says:
Hero is so awesome. I didn't really like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, actually. I have it, I've seen it a bunch, but Hero is so much better. Every scene is great.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:47:45 AM PDT
J1M_288 says:
Half-baked- Killer's origin story.

Step Brothers- the "Why are you so sweaty?" scene.... XD lol

Happiness- the beginning with Jon Lovitz' "I'm champagne" scene. Strong and disturbing at the same time.

Dogtooth- the brother plays guitar as the sister's do the most awkward dance in the history of film.

The Fan- the sauna scene. You can feel the dude dying... :D

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:56:26 AM PDT
Have you guys seen "The Way of the Gun"? It's by the "Usual Suspects" guy and it has some amazing scenes. Some of my favs:

The two main characters (Parker and Longbaugh) are being pursued by bodyguards of the girl they kidnapped. They have an tense low-speed chase through narrow alleys and get in and out of their van multiple times to throw off the bodyguards.

I really like this movie because of all the subtle things that go unseen the first watching. I don't want to spoil the movie, but let's just say there's a major character connection that I totally missed until my second viewing and there are plenty of clues.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:58:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012, 9:59:57 AM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
I think the finale of Warrior is probably one of the more powerful scenes I've watched. Overall the movie doesn't quite stack up to other combat movies that are based on true stories, but a few of the scenes are so well put together I couldn't help watching it twice when I rented it.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 9:58:54 AM PDT
Mrs. User says:
Phantom of the Opera's Masquerade scene.

Lord of the Rings FoTR: Gandalf vs Balrog

Kill Bill: Crazy 88's

Dodgeball: the final tournament (double fault!)

Tropic Thunder: every scene with Robert Downey Jr., lol

Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightley version, or any version actually): the proposal scene "Against my better judgment..."

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 9:59:47 AM PDT
Mrs. User says:
OMG yes. That movie was amazing. Also when he's in the hotel with his dad, putting him in bed. That was an incredible scene.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 10:00:10 AM PDT
new Tron says:
"Eraserhead- Dinner at Mary X's house"

NICE pick....I can't believe I didn't list this. One of the greatest "meal" scenes ever made.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 10:01:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012, 10:05:24 AM PDT
G-Money says:
Why has no one mentioned THE Black Swan scene

Gigiiddy

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 10:06:39 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I love the scene in Forgetting Sarah Marshall when Peter gets drunk at the bar with all the fruity drinks. Thats totally me when I drink to much. "Oh! Im Samantha. I have sex with eeeeevverybody."

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 10:08:03 AM PDT
The final standoff between Bruce Willis and Christopher Walken in 'Last Man Standing'

The final scene of Scarface (How has this not come up yet?)

Daniel-san winning the tournament at the end of Karate Kid

Anytime the brothers recite the prayer in Boondock Saints..

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 10:10:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012, 10:10:41 AM PDT
Almost forgot...

The Crow - When he tells the lady "Mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children"

and basically the whole rest fo the movie... My favorite movie of all time!

Posted on Aug 8, 2012, 10:23:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012, 10:25:50 AM PDT
FallenMarvel says:
The ending of Jet Li's The One where he declares his dominance over the whole prision and takes on everyone. "I AM YULAW!!!! I'M NOBODY'S B!+(#!! YOU ARE ALL MINE!!" Classic. lOl

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 10:25:55 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I am Yula! I am nobodys b****! You are mine!

@Sephiroth: Someone did mention Scarface. No one mentioned the scene at dinner when he goes on drunkily. Say goodnight to the bad guy!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 10:25:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012, 10:26:49 AM PDT
YIGT says:
Love the crow and that line is one of the best movie lines. Its almost as good as the line from Conan the Barbarian
when asked what is the best in life he replies
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
Great line pretty good movie too one of those fond memories of the 80s as a kid.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012, 10:32:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012, 10:33:53 AM PDT
Conan had one of the best soundtracks ever. "Riders of Doom/Riddle of Steel" from the movie is actually the piece they used for the Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kggOvvbLVO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfZ_aLsW90
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDWVC2V12ug
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 26 3 hours ago
OT: Let's outlaw The United States Constitution, because it was wrote by a bunch of white, racist slave-owners! 20 5 hours ago
Final Fantasy XIV summer DLC promo 49 5 hours ago
It's happening! Alt-left site Vice Magazine advocates for a terror attack against Mt Rushmore. 14 6 hours ago
There's a Martin Luther King statue on my way to work. He was against gay marriage! 7 6 hours ago
Music That Inspires You To Play Videogames In 2017 168 9 hours ago
Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend 17 10 hours ago
OT: USC's Traveler, Mascot (Horse), one of the coolest mascots, was named after Robert E. Lee 10 10 hours ago
Limited Run Games: Lili Child of Geos and N++ On Sale At 10 AM EST 2 11 hours ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 2584 11 hours ago
OT: What's the difference between 'The Left' tearing down Confederate statutes and ISIS tearing down Historical statutes? 34 12 hours ago
Could'nt Find Anything On Russia, Now It's Back To The Race Card 5 13 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  225
Initial post:  Aug 7, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer