Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: What makes a good boss?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-36 of 36 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 8:06:56 AM PST
pyroguy says:
one of the bosses who used to work at the grocery store I work at (he was one of the lead assistant managers) before he got promoted, would sometimes call me at home and ask me if i'd like to give up a day off and work and basically help out. usually when this happens, they'll sometimes write out little reward cards that'll go towards being Employee-of-the-Month (I was once named just that back in 2010). This was back in 2006-08.

But now, the current bosses working there now doesn't even give a rat's ass about the workers anymore, and only cares about getting whatever bonuses they'll be getting, while we're basically scraping by with our hours being cut down to next-to-nothing.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 9:07:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012, 9:08:05 AM PST
My boss buys me a bottle of bourbon every week or two. And doesn't care if I have a drink, on the clock, after all my work is done. (no joke)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 9:09:52 AM PST
waxc3 says:
i like a boss to be predictible; a boss that is following the known rules and treating everyone equally is always respectible.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 9:10:28 AM PST
Isn't the actual answer glowing orange weak spots?

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 4:44:35 PM PST
This is awesome advice guys. Thanks.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 4:49:17 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
misleading title of the day.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 4:55:06 PM PST
It totally does. Thanks for the thoughtful post. I have no idea why it was down voted to oblivion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012, 4:56:46 PM PST
Those look really good. Thanks for the recommendations.

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 5:12:27 PM PST
aidenraine says:
http://youtu.be/NisCkxU544c

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 11:48:18 PM PST
Nicos says:
Quick Time Events are a staple of a great boss. Make your employees have to perform them in your presence at random intervals during the day.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012, 12:21:06 AM PST
I like a boss who is hands on, feel our level, help out when we are cramp for deadline, not just sit behind desk all day.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  36
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.