Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Christopher Nolan to take over Justice League Movie

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 58 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 7, 2013, 12:51:34 PM PST
Nolan is already heading up Man of Steel, and DC is rumoured to have given Justice League and most of their movies to Nolans direction.

What do you think? good or bad decision?

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 12:54:15 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sounds like a case of "here, just take out money!"

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 12:59:25 PM PST
So you gotta hit the ATM before going to the movies?

Also apparently Zack Snyder is going to be taking over the DC films alongside Nolan much like Joss Whedon is overseeing the Marvel films. There may be hope yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:01:04 PM PST
Zack Snyder and Nolan together? That sounds like an awesome combination!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:02:00 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I meant the production companies must have given him a blank check plus possible percentage of the movie for him to do the JL movie when he already said no.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 1:02:22 PM PST
Am I the only one in the world who can't stand Zack Snyder? He epitomizes style over substance.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 1:04:10 PM PST
Cool. I'll be interested in seeing who they get to play each Justice Leaguer (word?).

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:05:50 PM PST
I can understand your feelings. Personally, I really liked The Watchmen and the Dawn of the Dead remake he did.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:07:11 PM PST
I think his flashy directing style actually helps him tell a story better. I mean, film is a visual medium. Watchmen was hardly what I call style over substance. I guess this comes from his reputation with 300, which was never the deepest graphic novel out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:08:07 PM PST
From what I understand it's based off the work they did with Man of Steel. Also apparently they are looking to bring back Bale as Batman for the JLA film and build off the Dark Knight Trilogy for Batman (which I don't quite agree with).

I know Warner did an early screening about two weeks ago for select critics of Man of Steel and nothing but positive feedback came from it.

Considering what Snyder did with Watchmen and how great Man of Steel is looking I thin this would be a safe bet for Warner/DC to put their films in Snyder's and Nolan's hands. Lord knows they need some capable people involved after how poorly and mismanaged Green Lantern was.

@ MrFoxhound

Ah lol. I'm guessing they made him quite the offer or at the very least gave him the kind of creative control over JLA and the other films he likes. The rumors are saying that isn't just JLA that these two will be heading up but every DC film moving forward. I'm definitely curious to see how this shapes up and I just hope Warner doesn't rush for a JLA movie without a good build up with stand alone films.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 1:08:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:08:45 PM PST
DVvM says:
I honestly thought that "Sucker Punch" was a very clever movie, it was just went well over the heads of most people who saw it.

That was Snyder, right?

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 1:08:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:09:59 PM PST
Yes. Thank you God in heaven.

edit : Hopefully, though, he realizes that they don't all have to be so dark and gritty. I would love a better Green Lantern movie though.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:09:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:09:42 PM PST
They already decided on Bale for Batman and The guy from Man of Steel to reprise his role. I'm pretty sure they are negotiating contracts as we speak.

Ninja'd

Damn you Keji! :P

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:09:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:09:53 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
"I'm definitely curious to see how this shapes up and I just hope Warner doesn't rush for a JLA movie without a good build up with stand alone films. "

Which is why the Avengers was so successful, IMO. You saw all the heroes separately, then you saw them together in the same movie.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 1:09:44 PM PST
So the Justice League and Avengers movies will both be good? I don't know if I can handle that. I want Whedon to do Daredevil, his book is SO good right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:09:57 PM PST
Yes that was, still haven't seen it myself but I've been meaning to get around to watching it. I've heard mostly good things and it is one of those films that makes you think so if you don't like thinking about the context of what is happening then you're gonna have a bad time.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:10:54 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:11:08 PM PST
Sucker Punch did not deserve all the hate. It was a pretty creative movie as far as I was concerned. Very imaginative.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:10:58 PM PST
I really want Nolan to be doing non-comic related movies. Nothing against his Batman movies, I just prefer to see a directors range.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:11:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:15:01 PM PST
May I offer a rebuttal? It deserved so much more hate than it got. I was baffled at just how stupid of a movie it actually was.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:13:39 PM PST
Fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:14:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:16:07 PM PST
Henry Cavill, from what I understand, has already been contracted into the role of Superman for a certain amount of films. Bale has said before he's interested in reprising the role and would love to come back and do another Batman so chances are this will be the route they go with a Batman/Superman cross over next.

Personally I've really dug Bale as Batman (voice and all) but I think the Dark Knight Rises ended on a note that would be difficult to bring that character back in the same capacity. He turned over all his gear to Robin, Bruce Wayne is "dead", and his money is pretty much gone so yea...

@ MrFoxhound

Exactly. They took the time, money, and effort to make sure these characters were well established so Avengers didn't have to waste any time with explaining who they are, what is going on, and just got right into the conflict.

I've had a bad feeling for some time now that the JLA film would be rushed to the screen with Warner hoping to cash in on that billion dollar cross-over idea without any of the prep work outside of "Okay we made some Batman movies, we got a Superman film, and Green Lantern... This will totally work despite none of these being meant to cross over!"

Edit: Also thanks for the God of War titles by the way! Holy crap are they huge though! 7 and 9 gigs is just ridiculous for a PSP title upscaled to 1080p! Gotta get a new HDD I think because this 40GB is not getting the job done anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:15:35 PM PST
Maybe my opinion would change if he did more original work than adapted screenplays. I haven't seen Sucker Punch, so I can't say anything about it, but I thought 300 was just awful. The pacing in that film was absolutely abysmal. Every time they cut back to Leonidas' (can't believe I spelled that right on the first try) wife, everything would just get all bungled up. I also just HATE that slow-motion action stuff that was every other scene in 300 as well. Watchmen was an fairly accurate adaptation, but I also think that was one of its biggest flaws. I had read the comic years earlier and the whole time I watched the film, I just kept think "I've already seen this. It's the same thing. This doesn't need to exist..."

I dunno. It just doesn't do anything for me. I'll watch Man of Steel for sure but I'm not gonna expect myself to enjoy it. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 1:16:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2013, 1:16:48 PM PST
Chris... says:
The only thing that worries me is that the rest of the JLA won't have stand alone movies to proceed this one. The Avengers was set up perfectly because in each stand alone movie we were given glimpses on how they would all eventually come together. How is this going to work?

Definitely think they're going in the right direction with Nolan though.

Posted on Mar 7, 2013, 1:16:33 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I liked 300 and Watchmen. I kinda hated Sucker Punch. I just found it turribly boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 7, 2013, 1:16:57 PM PST
I'm so looking forward to The Man of Steel.

I agree that The Batman character should probably be retired. I wonder if Nolan can help Synder create another franchise instead.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
More Bad PR For Microsoft, Xbox One X LIMITED supply still in stock 1 9 minutes ago
OT: Who poured red paint on Christopher Columbus' statue? 3 2 hours ago
Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend 22 2 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 30 3 hours ago
Dark Sun - Fantastic New Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0 4 hours ago
OT: Let's outlaw The United States Constitution, because it was wrote by a bunch of white, racist slave-owners! 31 5 hours ago
Is Killzone the worst FPS franchise of all-time? 7 6 hours ago
Fifa 18 for nintendo switch pre order status 7 8 hours ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 4084 9 hours ago
Let's outlaw Naughty Dog because they make really crummy games. 3 12 hours ago
Get your worms, bois! Fishing just went to a whole new level thanks to fishing planet on PS4 5 12 hours ago
Will amazon price match Best Buy deals? 1 16 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  58
Initial post:  Mar 7, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.