Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So a question about Persona 4...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 131 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 18, 2012, 2:23:56 PM PST
Well after playing P3 for 15 Hours, I've decided not to get P4. I Just don't enjoy the combat system at all. They made it so it feels like if you don't have the enemies weakness, why bother attacking. And since I can only customize the main characters attacks it just makes the other characters there to get attacked. Plus I don't like the concept of "If the main Character dies, game over since obviously the other characters can't revive him." The music in the game irritates me, and I don't feel like I've gotten any stronger since day 1 of the game.

I can see why some folks would like it, but it just isn't for me =(.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 6:00:36 AM PST
Ah OK. I've only Found Magician (That social link creeps me out) Chariot, Heirophrant, and The Fool i think it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 5:55:57 AM PST
OP says:
Well, you have to take home the top spot in the exams if you want to open up the Empress social link, but I think your Academics need to be close to max in order for that to happen, so you won't be able to do it until one of the later exams.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 5:52:34 AM PST
oh... ok. Well i kinda wasted a few days before the exam week... guess that won't hurt much.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 5:48:06 AM PST
OP says:
There is a time limit; I don't remember exactly when the choice occurs, but I think if you go for the "good" ending, the game ends on Jan 31 (I believe I left my file around Jan 17, lol). The "bad" ending, I think, was around Dec 31?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 5:45:22 AM PST
So quick question, since there are actually calendars and days and things... does the game have a set time limit? Like if I don't do something by the "end" and i screwed?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:42:12 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Yes.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012, 10:13:32 AM PST
OP says:
Hmm, was Mara fusable in the PSP version of P3?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012, 10:10:56 AM PST
"Things I Don't like
- The music. I REALLY don't like the music"

I was going to say something, but then I saw how many people already piled on you, ha ha.

Certain floors have the Reaper "Death" appear instantly, some have other strange conditions like lots of golden enemies and having your party split up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:10:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012, 10:12:12 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
He'll be the only one that shows up and it seemed random to me. Just run! I never could beat him even late in the game.

Ninja'd

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:10:34 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Its random. You are supposed to outrun him to the next level until you get really powerful and can beat him later in the game.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012, 10:10:17 AM PST
OP says:
It could be, it's been a long time. I just remember running around maps, trying to see if there were any leftover chests, and then hearing that clinking chains sound that tells you Death is about to show up. Made a mad dash for the exit to the next floor at that point, lol (you should be able to beat him later on, I think, but he hurts even then).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:09:03 AM PST
Chocolette says:
That sounds like a midboss floor?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:08:33 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
You learn those skills as your persona gains levels. Thats one of the reasons leveling up your S-Links is so important. The higher your S-Link level is, when you fuse a persona from that link it automatically raises the level of your persona granting early access to those skills.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:07:35 AM PST
He was the only monster on the floor when I got there. Perhaps it's random?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:06:28 AM PST
OP says:
If I recall, Death would show up if you take too long on a floor in Tartarus.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:06:12 AM PST
Here's what's sad. Since I'm playing the PsP version on My vita, I kinda... forgot it was the PsP version and when I couldn't highlight the boxes... i tried using the touch screen... yeah that don't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 10:04:40 AM PST
OP says:
It's been a while since I played this game, but I think it's a skill that you haven't encountered yet on any other personas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 9:56:30 AM PST
Chocolette says:
I know but I like to play things in order if I can. A personal quirk of mine. It's kind of painful but I do it anyway. I've already played thru P1 so P2 it is!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 9:56:22 AM PST
What are the ? blocks that appear under the "Next skill" window? Are those unlearned upcoming skills?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012, 9:54:52 AM PST
Uncle Ulty says:
Ahh very cool, no pun intended! Jack Frost is also basically the mascot of Atlus. One of my faves for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 9:51:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012, 9:53:27 AM PST
I was told to avoid P1 and P2 and go strait to 3 so I did. All 3 are available on the PSN for 10$, 15$ and 10$ respectively

EDIT: Oh that's funny. My second Persona combine and I got Jack Frost. Jack Frost was my nickname in college, because of my name and my deeeeep love of the ice and cold. Plus it was a... rare combine i guess? Igor said If I level him up he would give me a weapon. or something

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 9:51:44 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
You don't need to play P2 to play P3, there is no story relation. Same with 4, there are some references but minimal, it won't affect your enjoyment.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012, 9:50:16 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Maybe I should stop playing AC3 Lib and go back to P2 so I can play P3. This conversation makes me want to go back to Persona.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012, 9:46:51 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
The first few P4 bosses are very difficult.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
June Games with Gold 2017 6 41 seconds ago
OT: Roger Moore passes away. 7 1 minute ago
Paperboy 2017 coming to PSVR on June 6 6 2 minutes ago
OT: Terrorists blow up Ariana Grande concert in U.K.! 3 16 minutes ago
I Thought All Games Were 4K 60fps On Scorpio, Microsoft Doing 180's After One Of The First AAA Games Announced For Scorpio Is Only 30fps. 35 18 minutes ago
Destiny VGF Clan v9.0 9565 39 minutes ago
injustice 2 thoughts and clan 21 50 minutes ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 delayed until Spring 2018, new photo-realistic screenshots 9 1 hour ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3500 2 hours ago
President Roosevelt, Obama, Reagan, and Eisenhower Are the Only Presidents to be elected over 50% of the Popular Vote, Back to Back.(1940's) Question: Why Do People Like Obama and FDR So Much? 30 2 hours ago
OT: Trump is costing American taxpayers 100 million just for security on just the middle-eastern part of his trip alone! 15 3 hours ago
Xcucks Begin Raging After Lawbreakers Is Announced As Console Exclusive For PS4 7 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.