Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So I discovered this about my PS+ games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 10, 2013, 8:52:14 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
I had a 3-month PS+ membership last summer and let it lapse. I had downloaded a ton of games from it, and I left them on my hard drive because whatever I had the space.

I recently renewed my PS+ membership, and those games seem to be playable again. I thought that I lost the rights to them when my subscription lapsed.

I don't know if this is the case for everybody, and I don't know if it's because I didn't try to open them or anything in the time between subscriptions. I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced this, and if this is just the policy for PS+ games or if I'm special.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:22:14 AM PDT
Yes, as long as you're subscribed it re-instates all prior licenses.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:23:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013, 9:24:11 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Oh, whoa. Good to know. Guess I misunderstood it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:24:51 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
Well at least we now have confirmation from someone we know. Good stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:27:11 AM PDT
I've let mine lapse for months at a time without any issues. Now I keep it running, but for awhile I was only using 1 month passes periodically when I wanted to play my rentals.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:28:56 AM PDT
D_Strasse says:
I must've missed your posts on the topic I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:36:26 AM PDT
I don't think I ever made one.

It's good to know though. :)

Posted on Mar 10, 2013, 9:37:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 10, 2013, 4:30:44 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:46:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013, 9:57:58 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Jeez. No need to take your bitterness to another thread. I'm sorry that someone had the gall to criticize a game you spent a lot of money pre-ordering for your console of choice, and that you threw intellectual honesty out the window in defense of a game you haven't actually played.

Just hang on. Curb the misdirected anger for two more days and then you'll have the perfect virtual outlet for your fanboy rage.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:51:41 AM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
PS Plus has been discussed literally THOUSANDS of times on this board. If you weren't so into yourself and actually paid attention, you'd know all this about PS Plus already.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 9:56:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 10, 2013, 9:57:07 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
I just don't care enough to deal with you anymore. Find someone else to pick fights with and call names. I suggest donnie. He'll give you what you're looking for.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:00:52 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Yes, that's one of the fantastic things about PS+. If your subscription had lapsed and you lost any previously games purchased entirely that would really suck.

Posted on Mar 10, 2013, 10:04:40 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
it's a good incentive - to allow users to get their previously DLd games back .... I started with a 3 month sub to see if I found it valuable & I do feel the service is worth the price, & have kept it up ever since - my only issue now is that my 320gb unit is filling up too quickly !

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:06:33 AM PDT
' I suggest donnie. He'll give you what you're looking for.'

STDs? No thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:06:34 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Well, I was talking about the free games I DLed that aren't free for PS+ members anymore.

Tell me, can I re-download those formerly free games off the store if I delete them, or do I have to keep them on my hard drive?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:08:05 AM PDT
grandma was slow but dang she was old

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:08:42 AM PDT
Cinema Fan says:
I'm not sorry that the truth hurts.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:09:48 AM PDT
DVvM says:
It would be unnecessarily punitive if you were to take away someone's PS+ games if they let their subscription lapse for a day, or two weeks, or several months. Good that Sony didn't take this tack.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:12:28 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
I believe they just have to have been on your DL list - not actually DLd ... a lot of folks just add them & then don't DL until they are ready to play them ...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:15:55 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
So what, they just leave the download paused indefinitely? I might do that. My 160 GB HD is already full.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:21:06 AM PDT
saskamazon says:
you always have the choice to DL all, or just individual things .... or you can do the cancel DL ... as long as they appear in your list, you're good to go ... can absolutely see how your HDD at 160 gbs would be filled to the brim with + .... I went out & bought All 4 1 (R & C) b/c while we love the game & have completed it, it's taking 14 gbs ... but then someone posted that if I delete the digital copy my trophies & stuff may not work with the physical copy ... 1 st world dilemmas ... so I've been afraid to delete the darn thing ... & it has great co-op, so we'll be playing again ...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:21:53 AM PDT
No necessarily "paused" but "purchased"

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:30:37 AM PDT
Voice of god says:
Cool. So I also don't have to worry if I complete the download and delete it later for space. It'll just permanently count as a purchased game on my account's history. Yes?

This is all good stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:32:30 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
All you have to do is go through the full checkout process - once you hit the page in the Store that gives you the "download" option for the purchase(s), you can back out. They're automatically added to the Download List at that point. That's what I do with the Vita downloads since I don't have one, but could maybe, possibly get one someday.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2013, 10:33:07 AM PDT
Yeah. Put items on your cart, check out with them, and that's it. They now are on your download history.
No need to trigger a download and then cancel it.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Last game you bought at full price? 27 3 minutes ago
OT: Deshaun Watson will lead the Texans to a Super Bowl victory! 35 20 minutes ago
Final Fantasy XIV summer DLC promo 23 20 minutes ago
Mega man legacy collection 2 rated for ps4, xbox one and pc 4 44 minutes ago
Console(s) you bought for 1 game? 119 1 hour ago
Gamestop trade in 1 1 hour ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3227 1 hour ago
package arrived after i received my refund what do i do? 23 8 hours ago
Looking for anyone who has a promotion code from amazon for FFXIV DLC PROMOTION 0 8 hours ago
OT: Happy NFL Draft Day! 23 10 hours ago
Give Me One, Solid E3 Prediction! Less than 2 Months Away! 81 10 hours ago
PS4 - 60 Million, Xbox One - 26 million 5 10 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Mar 10, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.