Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Obligitory Borderlands 2 Impression/Discussion Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1601-1625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 4:22:47 AM PST
OP says:
It's an island that's basically due north of where you fought the giant blue crystalisk. One of the ba challenges in Caustic Caverns involved reaching that island.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 4:32:45 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
When you first run into threshers in Caustic Caverns you have to take a right and run straight out into caustic lake and you'll see a island. You can't miss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CarTPtgHAso

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 6:41:44 AM PST
Nicos says:
The witchdoctors don't bother me as I am able to take down the minions before they get buffed (usually). I do hate how the hunters (?) can stunlock/supercombo you to death with their spears. Combine that with the fact that they don't need a line of sight to hit you... ugh.

And yeah, the lack of the level increase is annoying. I wish they went the New Vegas route and just increased the level cap by 5 for every DLC... oh well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 6:45:16 AM PST
Doesn't bother me as much because I can still use the weapons I tried so hard to get.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 6:57:05 AM PST
Chad G says:
I started to download this last night, though I'm not sure why, since I haven't even played any of the other DLC. I guess because I bought the Pass, and don't want to feel like I wasted my money.

Anyhow, since it was taking forever to download, I swapped over to watch some TV, checking on it every few minutes. The last time I swapped back to the XBox to check on it, my controller had gone to sleep, so I couldn't see how far along I was. I turned it back on, and as it started to wake up, I accidentally pressed the "B" button, which cancelled the download... :(

I guess I'll try again another time...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 6:58:43 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Ouch

Posted on Jan 16, 2013, 7:01:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 7:01:51 AM PST
Anybody else thinks gold keys sort of ruined the game a bit?
It did for me. On the first BL, I eagerly looted bosses, searched for gun chests, looking for guns that were even slightly more powerful than the ones I currently had, and even so, the game was really hard in some places. I died a lot.
Now on 2, thanks to the chest in Sanctuary, I plow thru enemies like a hot knife on butter, and 99.9% of the guns or gear I get from drops or chests are underpowered crap.
This somehow ruined the game for me a bit. Still awesome, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 7:42:48 AM PST
Run the Leviathan boss fight then. I dont use the glitch but I have run that one several times and usually find an upgrade or two from all the chests after the fight.

Sadly to me though, that boss fight is almost comically easy once you get some decent guns.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 10:49:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013, 11:32:57 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I would like to see you plow through Caustic Pete, Vermivorous or Terramorphous. The golden chest guns suck and can't compare to legendaries.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013, 10:51:11 AM PST
If your not level 50 the guns are a tiny bit OP, if you ARE level 50 they are 90% useless.

Posted on Jan 19, 2013, 6:09:05 PM PST
man I just have no luck farming the Warrior...

I got the bee in 2 tries, the hellfire in 2 tries but i cannot get anything from this guy. I have even gotten to the point where i can kill him in 2 minutes using three different Plasma cutters. but no Orange items! *sniffles* I want at least a volcano...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 10:02:32 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Trust me, you are better off just farming the treasure vault in the Pirate DLC using the glitch to get in the room.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 10:09:45 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Are you on the 360?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 10:12:01 AM PST
no, PC.

"Trust me, you are better off just farming the treasure vault in the Pirate DLC using the glitch to get in the room. "

Sorry, I don't use glitches or Exploits...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 10:32:51 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Lol, then have fun never getting anything from the warrior. I fought him over 100 times without a single legendary drop. He has the absolute lowest drop rate in the game.

Legendary weapons is the thing I hate the most out of Borderlands 2. To play worth a damn they are required but a lot of the weapons have such low drop rates it's not even fun. Gearbox was better off sticking with the drop rates of the first game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 10:44:06 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Try farming Pete. He has a lot better drop rate but I've only gotten the Volcano off of the Warrior.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 11:15:23 AM PST
I do far prefer how legendary drops worked in the first game. I don't like farming a particular boss for a specific item it's silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 5:20:39 PM PST
I tried... he destroys me so fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2013, 7:22:10 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Use slag transfusion grenades, the bee shield and a fibber. Keep him slagged and make sure to bounce the bullets of the ground when shooting him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013, 3:32:21 AM PST
Fibber... i'll have to look that one up never heard of it.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013, 5:08:04 AM PST
Ya know I think i have come to the conclusion that While i like almost everything about BL2 more, I enjoyed the balance, difficulty, and legendary drops of BL1 more. I know i may get flak for this but the difficulty of the normal enemies in BL2 is just way too high they have so much health that only really with the bee shield can they be killed in a semi-fun manner.

Think I am finally done with BL2 :3 was good for 200 hours! more than i can say for many games.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013, 8:52:48 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
I haven't used a bee shield in weeks and I still drop almost everything in one shot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013, 11:45:10 AM PST
How? Without the bee shield it takes me multiple clips of my SMGs to kill even the weakest enemies, I even have a hellfire SMG.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2013, 2:04:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 21, 2013, 2:06:45 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
It depends on which character you're using. I almost always use the Gunzerker and I went with the money shot build. The class mod I use give you +6 towards money shot and I use a evolution shield. Right now I use two redundent fibbers or two double Harrolds, I can't remember which skill it is but it increases damage when using two of the same weapon. Make sure when using a fibber to bounce your shots off the ground.

**Edit: I forgot but the the sheriff's badge is a must.

Posted on Jan 21, 2013, 2:06:30 PM PST
how can you have 2? can't you only complete the quest once, at level 50?

And I'm Axton.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  1638
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer