Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 651-675 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:35:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012, 7:35:48 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Let's not forget just how Daryl remembered his brother last season with his hallucinations. It didn't seem like it was a very good relationship. Just loyalty borne out of paternal brotherhood, not really because they actually liked each other.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:36:16 AM PST
N. Berryman says:
When they started giving T-Dogg lines you knew something was going to happen to him...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:38:02 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Oh man it would be sweet to see Merle take out the Governor with his knife-stump!

And I agree with your idea about Daryl as a leader. Although he used to be kind of a loner he's pretty cemented in the group now. The one thing that Rick has though - the stakes are higher for him since he's protecting his family along with the group. Now he's got Carl and a newborn, and he needs the group more than Daryl does. Daryl's gotten closer to Carol, but if he had to he could split and still survive without too much trouble.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:38:17 AM PST
Nytmare says:
Agreed. He was about to destroy that guy... Love Norman Reedus... He's been two of my favorite characters ever... Murphy MacManus and now Daryl...

He definitely has Ricks back and is prepared to kill anyone who messes with him...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:29:47 AM PST
user22 says:
As I've mentioned before, Rick is already in a downward spiral in my book. I'm hoping Lori's death and the guilt of how he's been treating her lately will have an effect on how he treats other people and he will get his shit together now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:38:29 AM PST
user22 says:
Darryl has a lone wolf personality. Several times he has shown his "I don't give a shit. Leave me be!" attitude in stressful situations. He's good at surviving for himself, but he's not the type to be able to lead a group. Rick looks to him for advice(usually in the form of head nods or shakes, lol) but not direction.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 8:39:01 AM PST
I wonder if Carl turns into a stone-cold killer with no emotion. Just BA and creepy as hell.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:47:39 AM PST
Ice King says:
There's a book out there with a character very similar to Carl (same name, same parents, and in an almost identical situation) and that's pretty much exactly what's happening to him.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 8:48:50 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Next week I want to see Carl smash Hershel's daughter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:49:42 AM PST
Ha ha...think I may have come across that one not too long ago myself. Seems like the same will happen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:50:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012, 8:51:08 AM PST
Ice King says:
Yeah, she's a great catch for him, and the best thing is she doesn't really have any other options. It kind of sucks for her though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:51:50 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Hershel got everything he deserved for cockblocking Carl the first time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:52:25 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Yeah I thought that was funny. He looked like a leprechaun about to strike compared to that tall dude with rick's gun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 3:54:03 PM PST
I thought he looked like he had some kinda ninja stance going on. Like, he would just go right up to the guy and slit his throat. Bad ass.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:55:57 PM PST
Yeah the T-Bone bit was like Survivor. Once they start focusing on a side character, it becomes suspicious. The way they did Lori and everything about the prison is very different than the book, so it's been interesting to see how that plays out but if you read the producer interview on IGN they also reveal that they think the characters in the books are often one dimensional. Which is wrong, and makes me wonder if they really read the books.

They say Michonne is nothing but swords and killing in the books, which is absolutely not true, especially in terms of what goes down with the Guvna. They act like what she is doing on the TV show, making grumpy faces and snooping around scooby doo style is all deep and multi layered. Michonne is one of the best characters in TWD books not because of OMG SWORDS but because of her actual character.

That being said, it was a decent episode. I'm not feeling the Merle + Andrea love connection but it seems like every week they decide to turn Andrea into a different character you can never really figure out what is going on with her.

RIP T-Bone. They did you wrong on day 1, and did you wrong on your last day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:09:05 PM PST
Really? My bad on that one then, for some reason I thought Oscar was the white guy. Still Axle is from the comics so I thought that was pretty interesting. Surprised that they said he was unstable though considering he seemed the most normal to me in terms of how he reacted to things and wanting to be part of the group. Oscar being silent, a little standoffish, and all I figured was the one they were talking about.

Thought it was pretty smart of Axle though to try and make himself useful where ever he could. Telling Daryl he could fix his bike and all, definitely got the right idea in my book.

@ DDustiNN

I still don't think that should equate to how we're seeing Rick react here. Yes that was a bad situation but look how he handled it afterwards, he saved that kid's life despite him trying to kill them and he even put his own life at risk to do it. Afterwards he struggled with the decision to kill him and even went to great lengths to set him free. In fact when it came time to kill him Carl helped Rick realize it was Shane that wanted the kid dead, not him.

I can see trust issues but he's completely unwilling to work with anyone he doesn't know and won't even entertain the idea of it. As a comic reader the jump is jarring to me because despite the story lines shaping up very differently in terms of events Rick's character progression has been about the same (in terms of dealing with bad stuff and what not). Personally I just feel like Rick should be more open to the idea of having them involved with the group instead of just flat out no. Daryl I can see why he would say no but Rick I feel think his character would try to find a better solution to the situation than just sending them out to die.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012, 12:19:05 PM PST
Forever R. says:
I'M super late lol wasnt on yesterday, the last episode was amazing! was anyone sad that lori died? it seem like they focus so much on it, and i was just like finally!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 12:35:23 PM PST
Soulshine says:
I was never really a big fan of Lori on the show. She had her moments, but I was okay with her dying.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 12:42:02 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012, 12:42:15 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
My wife got choked up during her death scene. I didn't want to ruin her moment there, but all I could think about was how much I wanted it to be a zombie baby. Would be rad.

Speaking of, a zombie baby wouldn't technically be a "walker" for another 10 months or so. Hey-oh!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 12:46:44 PM PST
Soulshine says:
Hah! Yeah ever since I saw that (I think?) Day of the Dead remake, I've been waiting for another zombaby.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012, 12:48:48 PM PST
Meth Panther says:
Started watching again this season. Seems like they decided to not make the show be boring all of a sudden?

Lori dying was great. Never liked her.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 12:49:46 PM PST
Forever R. says:
would make sense, she already thought it was dead!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 12:50:03 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Oh, geez. I had forgotten all about that scene. And I think it was Dawn of the Dead; I rather liked that movie - hadn't been much of a fan of the slow, lumbering zombies until that one came along, then I went back to enjoy some of the older zombie flicks that I wasn't a fan of in the past.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 12:51:15 PM PST
Forever R. says:
honestly i like last season, and i thought it was a huge focus on the character development

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 1:02:47 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013, 5:32:45 PM PDT]
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  188
Total posts:  3751
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers