Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

The Worst Video Game You Regret Purchasing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 287 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012, 3:49:51 PM PDT
DVvM says:
Street Fighter X Tekken is in contention for the worst 2D fighter Capcom has ever made. Thank goodness Aris Bakhtanians got me to cancel my preorder by being a jackass on Cross Assault.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012, 3:55:45 PM PDT
Dom says:
Also, UFC Undisputed 2010, UFC Undisputed 3... Thought maybe after 2 years they would of made huge upgrades... So glad the EA is taking over the UFC games in the future. Madden 2012 was a let down for me too, Haven't bought Madden in a long time... Feels like the same game I used to play on ps2... Wasn't happy, Sold it to my brother half price a week after it came out.

I too bought the MW3 Hardened Edition. I did get bored with COD a lot faster than usual this year, but I still play, So I guess I can't say I regret buying it all together. I definitely regret not just getting the standard edition though... I hate most of the DLC, and usually turn it off when I play. Poor design on a lot of these maps, Won't be renewing my COD Elite subscription this year even If I do buy Black Ops 2...

Posted on Jul 15, 2012, 5:25:41 PM PDT
R Dizzle says:
Ghost Recon Future Soldier...thought the online would be fun and refreshing but I was wrong...Decent campaign though.

Starhawk: Looked fun, felt too clunky and just didn't draw me in.

Unit 13 for vita....ugh whyd i buy you digital, now i cant trade you in :(

Probably gonna get hate for this one but Arkham City as well...Just didn't do it for me. I really don't understand the hype behind it.

AC:Revelations: I loved AC1 2 and Brotherhood but Revelations just wasn't as good simply put. Not awful. but not worth $60. The tower defense mini game was atrocious too...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012, 5:29:16 PM PDT
"Probably gonna get hate for this one but Arkham City as well...Just didn't do it for me. I really don't understand the hype behind it."

Clearly your childhood was wasted not wanting to be Batman.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012, 7:58:10 PM PDT
Killzone 2. after i beat the campaign i yelled "That's it?"

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 5:51:26 AM PDT
Zelda says:
Blue Dragon. Played through the first cd and realised that it wasnt the game for me. Plus hearing "Nothing." over and over got to me.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 5:57:15 AM PDT
Marvelous says:
Premonition - I'm a fan of survival horror games, but I couldn't take this one serious.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 5:59:33 AM PDT
WeaKeN says:
crimson alliance is probably the worst for an arcade game. worst full retail game would either be mw3 or starhawk.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 6:01:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012, 6:01:48 AM PDT
Shadowgate 64: Trials of the Four Towers for the N64.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowgate_64:_Trials_of_the_Four_Towers

I am an RPG fan and I thought this was the answer to my prayers. I had been yearning for a great RPG experience on the N64. Instead, all I got were some annoying puzzles and a bland story with no battling.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 6:04:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012, 6:39:12 AM PDT
Xbox 360

followed by

Dead Island

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 6:17:40 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Eternal Sonata... And more than anything that has to do with disappointment. I'd bought the 360 because that was where the JRPGs were going at the time (this was pretty early on), and I was SO excited for this game. I played the demo probably twenty times and was just super excited. And then I got the game and it was such a massive disappointment.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 6:23:33 AM PDT
A friend of mine said the game looks good, but the story wasn't all that great and that the game was really short. He said he beat it in 2 sittings.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 6:26:36 AM PDT
K e v i n says:
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Horrible game, took it back in less than 48 hours.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 6:36:51 AM PDT
badguy says:
its not a bad game but its the one I had the worst experience with ever, performance wise. I was really excited to play it before it was released but afterwards it became a nightmare and has become THE ONLY game i've ever gotten rid of.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 6:39:54 AM PDT
GUEST!! says:
"looks" good in some ways. The graphics themselves were really very pretty and the character design was interesting, but the damned motion capture was awful. There were a lot of JRPGs this last gen that had what I call "Mascott Mocap." All the characters move about like a sports mascott with the exagerated movements of their over-large heads, and the general motions otherwise. It was awful.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 8:56:47 AM PDT
well of course you did, this is the internet

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 9:00:38 AM PDT
X-Blades.Worst.Purchase.Ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 10:50:51 AM PDT
rpd123 says:
I heard that about Future Soldier. Looked promising but I guess it fell short.

I agree about Unit 13. It's fun at first, but with no actual story or character developing I fell no need to keep playing the missions. I bought the physical copy so I'll probably trade it in at some point.

I also agree with Arkham City. I just can't get into it. But I did like AC: Revelations. Wasn't as good as it's predecessors but I got it as a gift so it was free and the hook blade zip lines were cool new features. Will you be getting AC3: Liberation for the Vita?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 12:08:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012, 12:11:09 PM PDT
Big L says:
That's a tough one to swallow, although I'm sure there is a day 1 $60 Duke Nukem Forever buyer in here.

Edit
Never mind. Some poor sucker admitted to buying the Balls of Steel edition...

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 12:17:14 PM PDT
Movie Monkey says:
Jurassic Park: The game. I love the movies, and so when I saw the digital copy for only $20, I jumped at it. The game was awful in so many ways, and now since I bought the digital copy I can't just resell the game (probably only get a couple bucks anyway).

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 12:39:27 PM PDT
The Donald says:
Kid Icarus - I just can't get over the clunky controls.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - It's just so long and boring.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 12:42:07 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
Ugh. The Last Hope was awful for many of the same reasons as Eternal Sonata. More than anything, though, I wanted to throw Welch unprotected into the cold vacuum of space and watch her suffocate to death. Hated her.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 1:00:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012, 1:01:07 PM PDT
Technosapien says:
Most recently, Twisted Metal and Max Payne 3. Bought both at full price and pretty much hate them both.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012, 1:06:20 PM PDT
Rockhardly says:
"FFXIII
FFXIII-2"

So, if you regretted buying FFXIII, why the #$(& did you buy FFXIII-2? Did you get them both at the same time?

Posted on Jul 16, 2012, 1:41:06 PM PDT
Slaychandim says:
Clive Barkers Jericho wow did it suck and I am a huge Clive Barker fan i was a little let down to say the lease oh and Dungeon Seige 3 was a little bit of a let down
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Sony Ships Another Half Million PlayStation VR Headsets, Dominates Competition 36 7 hours ago
OT: A Black male goes on a deadly shooting spree at a predominately White church in Tennessee 3 8 hours ago
South Park FBW... 4 12 hours ago
So uhh....My left JoyCon isn't connecting to my Switch now 11 13 hours ago
I beat Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's story mode in one sitting, AMA 3 13 hours ago
OT: So, just how did professional player protests at games over police brutality, social injustice and racial inequality turn into protests over President Trump? 0 14 hours ago
OT: The NFL can go to Hell 6 14 hours ago
Amazon is withholding physical copies of games to prevent preorder discount 104 16 hours ago
First trailer for Tomb Raider movie 20 16 hours ago
OT: Trump brings the worst out of people, friend and foe alike 0 18 hours ago
OT: Week 3 NFL picks 24 18 hours ago
Red Dead Redemption 2 new trailer coming 28 september, 11AM ET 11 19 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  168
Total posts:  287
Initial post:  Jul 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers