Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Whos Getting Far Cry 3? What System

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 96 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 10:13:21 AM PST
I know... i'll get around to it some day... Just so busy with 50 other games atm. And soon Far Cry 3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 7:40:52 AM PST
You should play The Walking Dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 6:30:44 AM PST
As I said :3 all folks definitions of games are different.

I try to play games that don't have Dialog choices.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 9:46:00 AM PST
WesCyde . says:
The only game I ever thought of being a true RPG is Final Fantasy type games. Then you have RPG elements in a lot of games, I mean i could make a case that COD is an RPG

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 9:35:35 AM PST
waxc3 says:
lol. love ya guys.
have a good weekend!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 9:17:10 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013, 5:33:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 9:11:06 AM PST
R.Typ0 says:
You're right, it doesn't matter at all, I didn't mean to offend with my kit kat slogan.

FC3 looks like fun on a bun, regardless of how we want to look at it.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 9:06:52 AM PST
waxc3 says:
does it even matter. its a lame arguement everytime.

maybe every game is an ACTION game because there was some movement involved and those are actions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 9:02:45 AM PST
R.Typ0 says:
You and everyone else.

Some people are trying way too hard to make 'rpg' a literal term.

''Any game where you are playing the role of a person''

Give me a break.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 8:57:19 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I consider every game that has choice for dialog RPG, other than that, nothing else applies for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 8:55:17 AM PST
Fair enough!

RPG just means something different in my head. When I think RPG i think Equipment, Stats, Spells, Skills, Leveling, EXP, Money, Cool monsters, hopefully a good story, stuff like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 8:51:17 AM PST
waxc3 says:
yup. and im okay with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 8:45:50 AM PST
By that definition. Nearly Every single game is an RPG.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 8:42:17 AM PST
waxc3 says:
"A role-playing game (RPG and sometimes roleplaying game) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making or character development. Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines."

so youre saying that by deciding to approach a mission in differecnt ways IS NOT decision making? hmmmm.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 7:18:15 AM PST
WesCyde . says:
The knife scenes in that video were pretty awesome, a couple of those made me think of dishonored and the drop attack knife kills you could do. They looked very similiiar

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 7:12:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012, 7:12:41 AM PST
From what I can tell it won't be much luck borderlands. It's a free form Sandbox RPG while borderlands is half free-form half-linear. I would say It will be (hopefully) like Just Cause 2's Play style with Limited Skyrim Skill trees and Dead island loot/crafting system... am I close?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 6:39:53 AM PST
After getting Skryim and Bayonetta on the ps3, I will be going 360 for third party games from now on. Far Cry 3 sounds awesome. I can't wait. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 6:35:38 AM PST
jtshiel says:
Have you beat it yet?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 6:32:59 AM PST
Not played borderlands sorry.....

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 6:19:32 AM PST
Ramses F. says:
getting it for ps3

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 6:17:17 AM PST
WesCyde . says:
So would you consider Far Cry 3 more like borderlands in how you can open up certain customization of your skill trees?

I saw the 10 Minute trailer yesterday and caved and pre-ordered it. It look just like too much fun. Thats the last video game anything until GTA5 and Dead Island Riptide in the Spring.

@Thurman- I would be very VERY suprised if this was free for PS+ members in 6-7 Months. Just cause 2 was pretty much out already for two years and thats the most comparable game to Far Cry i can think of on PS+

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 5:49:19 AM PST
Just Cause 2 is another good example of this, minus the Crafting and Skill trees.

Fun Sandbox game.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 5:12:44 AM PST
far cry 3 isn't an RPG - you don't have any choices like in skyrim/mass effect etc....you can approach missions in different ways like with the first crysis because it's open-world, but other than 3 skill trees, crafting and looting it (FC3) doesn't have any other RPG elements. it's a non-linear shooter with some customisation.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 5:02:45 AM PST
Honestly I never really considered Skyrim an RPG, much like i don't consider Zelda an RPG. Oblivion was more RPG than Skyrim... i suppose. Fallout is more RPG than skyrim is.

I am looking forward to some Far Cry 3! Still dunno if I would call it an RPG.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 4:54:48 AM PST
skyrim is a full RPG - but alot of "RPG veterans" or whatever see skyrim as fairly light on the RPG elements and more of just an open-world adventure game (where you level up abilities).

the same with the mass effect games - i see them more than anything as story-driven 3rd person shooters - but they're classed as RPG's. i guess anything where you level up abilities/specialize in certain areas or tactics is therefore an RPG or has RPG elements. crysis 2 with the levelling up on the finger-tips thing had abit, far cry 3 has quite a lot more with 3 full skill trees, and then skyrim has loads more with multiple skill trees.

skyrim also has conversations with (limited) choices - which far cry 3 does not. so.........skyrim is an adventure game which you can do in any order you want and has a lot more seperate branching quest lines than far cry 3, with loads of skill trees and conversations; an RPG but easy to navigate. far cry 3 is an open-world shooter with some RPG elements (including lots of looting)

oh yeah - i got it last night in the UK btw - it's absolutely fanatastic and runs smooth as you like on ps3. gorgeous to look at, no screen tearing, no noticeable pop-up, no framerate issues. brilliant feeling guns, really fun to drive vehicles, easy to get to grips with crafting system, great animation, excellent emergent gameplay with the animals etc. definite 10/10.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Best Place to buy Alcohol Online 58 34 minutes ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3544 2 hours ago
Friday the 13th REVIEW 0 3 hours ago
The Xbox One Scorpio Versions Of Destiny 2 and COD Will Be The Best 29 3 hours ago
PSVR Farpoint Aim bundle back in stock. 19 3 hours ago
OT: if anyone is looking for a micro SD 64GB $23 0 4 hours ago
Nintendo Switch impressions 278 5 hours ago
Allow a stream to be listed under two directories at once, if streaming two games. 0 5 hours ago
Weekly Hardware Chart 15th April 2017, PS4 Overtakes Switch For #1 While Xbox One S Struggles To Remain Relevant 6 10 hours ago
Monster Hunter annoucned for Nintendo Switch 6 11 hours ago
Why are Sony Ponies begging for PlayStation 5? 33 19 hours ago
Sony Continues To Murder Microsoft After Securing Fifa 18 Marketing Rights? 10 20 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  35
Total posts:  96
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.