Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Persona 4 Golden Destructoid Review -

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:51:14 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
"This will definitely help boost sales. Or rather, hopefully."

I hope so also Prankster but the thing with the Persona series is that it's not mainstream and has more of a cult following. Also the fact it's a port rather than a new game will also affect people's decision to buy a Vita just for this game. I'm glad to see the Vita getting games like this but I really hope the Vita starts getting original games specifically made for the Vita.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 8:38:25 PM PST
Prankster says:
Looks like a good game. And I am glad because it finally seems like the Vita is getting some good games. This will definitely help boost sales. Or rather, hopefully.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 8:01:07 PM PST
OP says:
This was one of my favorite RPGs on the PS2, although I didn't like the random gains you'd get to the social stats. You could get screwed on a full social link run if you got more than a few bad draws along the way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:58:34 PM PST
new Tron says:
It is. You really should buy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:57:08 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Ohhhh. This is really sounding good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:48:54 PM PST
new Tron says:
It's probably not what you're thinking.

You know how in JRPGs, you go through towns and talk to folks? It's very similar here, but instead, the more you talk to certain people, the stronger bond you build with them, and this relationship is manifested as a new persona you can summon in battle. It's all actually very cool.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:46:45 PM PST
Holy crap this now on my radar. I was a little turned off from Persona after I picked up Persona 3 Portable for my Vita and then discovered how watered down the game actually is compared to the PS2 version... Gonna have to snag this one at some point when I get a chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:46:39 PM PST
It can drag at times. It really depends on who you socialize with, some of the characters have really interesting back stories, some do not.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:46:16 PM PST
new Tron says:
Killer app!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:43:19 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I used to be a big fan of JRPG's with Lost Odyssey being the last that kept my attention....Hoping I might like it. The Social Sim has me wary as that sounds really cheesy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 7:41:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012, 7:43:03 PM PST
It's a combination of JRPG with Social Simulation.

I can't recommend it enough, personally. But, then again I love the Persona series. I might pick up a Vita just for this. Maybe.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 7:05:26 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Never played a Persona game but this is piquing my interest: What exactly is it? TRPG, JRPG, Sim or a combination?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 6:24:56 PM PST
Not a Persona fan but I do like Atlus so I'm glad it's doing well.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 2:54:18 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
" pure ecstasy."

Wow, I'm getting wood thinking about the game.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 2:38:08 PM PST
"This is the main reason I acutally purchased my Vita. ^_^"

Me too :)

I picked up AC:Liberation and Ragnarok Odyssey as well, but I probably won't be using it for many VITA games, so much as for PSP titles from the PSN Store.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 2:23:18 PM PST
Dwayne Hicks says:
Inb4

"its a port not a exclusive vita game"

Vita has no gamez

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 1:51:07 PM PST
jtshiel says:
Turned based RPG? Main appeal is social and dating sim?
Pass

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 1:48:20 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
You can hook up a USB and download most PS1 classics to the Vita from your PS3 (like the PSP). I've done it for a number of RPG classics and the only one that hasn't worked was FFV. Still at this point wait for the price drop. I suspect it will happen by summer 2013!

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 1:36:33 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Damn. Someone needs to hold a B2G1 Free sale soon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 1:30:10 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'm holding out for a price drop and/or supporting all my already purchased PSOne games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 1:27:17 PM PST
This is the main reason I acutally purchased my Vita. ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 1:25:49 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Well. It is Persona, so it's automatically an 8. And a Persona fanboy. But the game was already great, all they had to do was not mess up the port.

I'm looking forward to it once I finally get a Vita.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 1:22:39 PM PST
Now, if they could just port FFX to the Vita I will be a happy camper.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 1:21:13 PM PST
LBP Vita already got a couple perfect scores.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 1:20:06 PM PST
DOOOOOOoooooooooommmmmmm....wait........WINNAR!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend 25 5 minutes ago
More Bad PR For Microsoft, Xbox One X LIMITED supply still in stock 4 34 minutes ago
OT: Who poured red paint on Christopher Columbus' statue? 4 47 minutes ago
Get your worms, bois! Fishing just went to a whole new level thanks to fishing planet on PS4 8 50 minutes ago
Why Can't The Reddit Community Admit They Gave Up On Reddit And Are Posting On Other Forums? 0 53 minutes ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 31 1 hour ago
Dark Sun - Fantastic New Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0 6 hours ago
OT: Let's outlaw The United States Constitution, because it was wrote by a bunch of white, racist slave-owners! 31 7 hours ago
Is Killzone the worst FPS franchise of all-time? 7 8 hours ago
Fifa 18 for nintendo switch pre order status 7 9 hours ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 4084 11 hours ago
Let's outlaw Naughty Dog because they make really crummy games. 3 14 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.