Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Any games or franchise you think should a next gen sequal or re-boot

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 118 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 10:43:34 AM PST
DVvM says:
There were some people who thought it was offensive to Asian people in the tradition of "yellowface" in Hollywood (as a goodly number of the voice actors were Caucasian). A lot of people were upset that they used a made up "asian-sounding" language instead of a real one.

It was a pretty stupid argument (this is a pseudo-earth, people in the game are residents of the Jade Empire, not Asians) but it was argued about nonetheless.

I think Bioware has some sort of "mystical come complain about us" field.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 10:44:47 AM PST
Did you like ME1? If so, absolutely play DA:O.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 10:45:57 AM PST
I loved Mass Effect 1. I really enjoyed the sequel up until the "big reveal" about The Collectors. I just couldn't deal with that storyline twist.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 10:46:52 AM PST
DVvM says:
If you liked in Jade Empire, you should definitely play Origins. The combat in DA:O is reminiscent of the combat in Jade Empire, certainly. Maybe play DA2 as well (DA2 is a little more frantic, so play Origins first).

My problem with the combat was not how simple it was, but because the game was based in part on Wuxia fantasy martial arts films (e.g. Crouching Tiger) the actual butt-kicking in the game was insufficiently awesome looking or feeling compared to the butt-kicking in that which inspired it.

Your character should be doing cool stuff (even if it's not hard to make him or her do stuff). What actually seemed to happen was mostly "your character kicks stuff until it falls down."

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 10:50:06 AM PST
"I think Bioware has some sort of "mystical come complain about us" field."

Blizzard must not be able to generate that field (outside of Diablo) because the Pandarians are straight up racist. I love them to death, but it's basically an entire continent of asian stereotypes. Oh well, at least it's a stereotype of being great fighters who make good food and....are fat...and drunk. You know what? Nevermind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 10:51:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012, 11:01:05 AM PST
That complaint seems perfectly valid. I don't have much experience with eastern martial arts films in general. My favorite one is The Crippled Masters, which seems pretty obscure and not popular for some insane reason, but I don't think we'll see that game any time soon. The Dragon Age games are pretty cheap nowadays, it seems. I may have to pick those up soon.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 10:53:31 AM PST
I think janitor joe needs a reboot. i played it for hours and hours when i was a kid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janitor_Joe

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 10:58:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012, 11:01:20 AM PST
DukeNole says:
The one game I would love to see a reboot on with the nexgen systems is BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER.

The last two were made for the original Xbox and ps2. With today/tomorrow's game engines and graphics improvement, I think they could make one hell of an RPG/action sandbox game and tell a killer story using the seven seasons from the tv show as a base. I mean, you would obviously play as the slayer (Buffy) but they could give you missions playing as other characters such as a vampire (Angel or Spike), a witch (Willow), etc. Or you could have a team that travels with Buffy so that you do missions as a group and you would have the vampire/witch/etc in your party (similar to Dragon Age). The boss battles would be against the "Big Bad's" from the tv show like the mayor, Glory, Adam, with the final boss being the Master. Yep, this would make One Hell of a Game!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:00:53 AM PST
How about we get a Firefly game instead?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:01:19 AM PST
Bitchie says:
You took my answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:01:48 AM PST
WTF? I was listening to the band when you posted that...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:03:33 AM PST
DukeNole says:
I would be all over a Firefly game as well! But this post was about reboots, and I'd love another BUFFY game.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 11:04:36 AM PST
DVvM says:
I didn't even know there was a Buffy video game, and I loved that series.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 11:06:11 AM PST
A Firefly game would be great. It would have to more than just a shooter, though. I'm thinking Mass Effect style.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:06:20 AM PST
They're decent. I've never watched the show though, so I'm sure they'd be better if you were a fan.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:06:47 AM PST
First game was one of Xbox's best, though the second game was really mediocre, but they were made by different developers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:19:31 AM PST
lol, there is a band called janitor joe? i had no idea.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:23:36 AM PST
Yeah, old school Minneapolis noise rock that filled the old Amp Rep label. Decent stuff if you're into noisy rock at all.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 11:38:58 AM PST
Emily Sedai says:
FF Tactics... a reboot/update would be #$%^ing sweet :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:43:42 AM PST
Bitchie says:
Yeah, but none of that Tactics Advance crap. They weren't bad games, but they had nothing on the original FF Tactics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:43:57 AM PST
Heh, they must.

I hate the depictions of Scottish people in fantasy games. They are shown to be drunks, fighters, and have long beards. By Scots, I obviously mean dwarves.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:51:00 AM PST
Really? You're the first that I've heard mention that (rather than gameplay) as the reason for not liking it.

If you cam, play DA games on the PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:52:25 AM PST
DukeNole says:
There were actually two Buffy games made: BtVS and BtVS: Chaos Bleeds. I own both and still break them out from time to time and still really love playing them. I'm sure it helps that I loved the tv show. I would say that if you were a fan of the show, it would be worth your time to at least pick up the first game and play it. I see them listed on ebay pretty frequently.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:53:16 AM PST
Yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012, 11:54:49 AM PST
Alien Fodder says:
LOL! I would normally say something nasty to that stupid stereotype but Super Mutant Mounties actually sounds funny! :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Nintendo Switch impressions 401 1 minute ago
What 3 games do you care most about in the near future? 33 2 minutes ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3943 10 minutes ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 1589 33 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 7/21-7/23 19 43 minutes ago
GOTY Predictions so far 48 1 hour ago
Free Humble Steam keys 14 4 hours ago
Nintendo Playchoice 10 27 5 hours ago
Why do they call it Chicken Parmesan when it's made with mostly motzarella, and not Parmesan? 8 5 hours ago
OT: Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide 20 5 hours ago
The Last of Us Is So Popular To Get Referenced in The Latest Episode of Game of Thrones 51 10 hours ago
Microsoft reports strong quarterly and yearly gaming revenues proving that its platform-unifying strategy is paying off big 19 10 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  51
Total posts:  118
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.