* Annoying comments (easily avoidable thank goodnes)
* Over saturation of already over saturated games. Assasin's Creed 4 is getting more coverage than anything right now while dozens of games get completely ignored on IGN and most other major/decent sized video game websites. It's no wonder why most games don't sell and the rest ship millions easily
* Too many intern/freelance/random people reviewing important games. Most people see an IGN review as fact and don't care what individual actually did it. They just say "well IGN gave it a 3 so it sucks" Too many people base too much on these reviews for any game that isn't a major franchise to get reviewed by someone the readers don't even know. They have plenty of money so I'm sure they can easily get more permanent staff instead of just Greg & Colin being the main characters in this show. If anything these freelancers and random everyday men could at least review some of the dozens of games that get released every month and don't get any media attention
*They pass too many rumors off as fact, then once the real facts come out they ignore what they already established before. Really annoying if you don't go on the website every day. Some people still think the PS4 will be called the Orbis and won't play used games and will require a constant online connection. I know sometimes they imply that things are a rumor or that it isn't fact or fiction but TONS of people don't read the full article and even more just skim over everything
* PC exclusive games get no attention at all unless its's The Sims or Sim City. Sure you can say it's tailored to consoles but IGN tries to tailor towards media in general. They even cover wrestling and comic books and they get more attention than anything on PC.
* The article placement can be annoying at times. The Wii U doesn't have much going on right now but I still shouldn't be seeing articles about Journey (A Playstation Network exclusive) having news under the section dedicated to the Wii U. Also the same 5 Articles for one game don't have any reason to be under every game systems section if it's already on the home page, that's overkill.
*Playstation gets a podcast but none of the other staff want to make a podcast for any other game system? I'm sure Xbox fans would love one.
*Another thing about the reviews is that sometimes I feel like part of the development staff is trying to sell me the game instead of someone is trying to tell me the pros and cons of the game. You can refer to the Journey and the Fire Emblem awakening review for that. They're good games I know but they still deserve the same critique a game getting a 7 would get.
*The blond that does some of the various videos just seems to be there to look pretty and smile. If she does something that takes talent someone please let me know. It's a stupid thing to complain about I know, but it's 2013 and what seems like the only woman working for IGN is doing this? Come on
Why am I complaining about IGN but I still go there? Well it's organized, up to date, doesn't feel old fashioned and they try to make you get to know some of the people there even if it's the same 3 or 4 people over and over. It's like Walmart really, I hate going there but at the end of the day I still do, these are just some of the thoughts that always go through my head when I'm there
By the way my Tomb Raider review is live today on the PS3 section
Recent discussions in the Video Games forum
|Yakuza Kiwami = Review Thread||5||1 hour ago|
|The Day After Microsoft's Gamescom Debacle, Every Major Retailer Still Has Stock Of Xbox One X||11||2 hours ago|
|Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20||39||2 hours ago|
|More Bad PR For Microsoft, Xbox One X LIMITED supply still in stock||5||2 hours ago|
|Let's outlaw Naughty Dog because they make really crummy games.||5||2 hours ago|
|Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend||46||2 hours ago|
|OT: Who poured red paint on Christopher Columbus' statue?||17||3 hours ago|
|JWK says Knack is his favorite platformer ever.||2||3 hours ago|
|The Surge||8||3 hours ago|
|Activision Support||1||3 hours ago|
|Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition Pre-Orders Are Nearly Sold Out||13||3 hours ago|
|microsoft did nothing but disappoint: gamescom 2017 press conference||19||4 hours ago|