Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Book House Cleaning westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 601-625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 7:24:44 PM PST
Holy shit. R.I.P soldier. What a sad/great episode.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 7:24:47 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
****SPOILER WARNING for anyone who didn't watch tonight's episode****

Holy shit. Lori AND T-Dogg?!? Didn't see that coming at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 7:26:56 PM PST
Lol same reaction. I can't believe that. Rick is going to lose it. Meg or carol is probably going to get stuck with the kid.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 7:31:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012, 7:33:28 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I don't know why you all are happy!!! Tdawg the Enforcer died. And you are all missing the point, Carol is lost and now the show will spend the rest of the season looking for her. Getting lost runs in her family, remember. hehe

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 7:32:03 PM PST
M. Stifler says:
Maybe they'll show some titty on the show finally ;)

Nevermind. AMC not HBO.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 7:53:19 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013, 5:32:40 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 8:06:02 PM PST
Solid Sponge says:
This week's episode was very emotional and suspenseful.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 8:18:59 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I don't think lori's dead, or that carl shot her anyway. They would have shown more, like Carl pointing the gun at her, struggling with the decision..ect. Guess they should have gone cell block to cell block and cleared out the prison when they first got there. That's what I would've tried to do anyway. This was bound to happen sooner or later.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 8:21:36 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 8:34:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012, 8:38:10 PM PST
user22 says:
If she's not dead, she will be before anything could be done to save her. She was cut open with an unsterilized knife, had Maggie's unsterilized hands inside her and then left there to bleed out...no way she survives. However, I was thinking the same thing about them not showing Carl shoot her. There's definately a chance he couldn't do it and we might be seeing Walker-Lori draging her extracted uterus around the prison.

EDIT: DDustiNN Ninja Warrior

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 8:34:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012, 8:34:46 PM PST
Modern Wolf says:
Actually if you watch "Talking Dead" after the show, They confirm Lori and T-Dog are dead :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 8:58:37 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 10:04:22 PM PST
Modern Wolf says:
what? Talking Dead just talks about the episode that was just showed

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 10:07:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012, 10:08:50 PM PST
They did say though.....

*Spoilers*

That Carol may not have made it. Granted it could have just been a fake out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 10:15:18 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Ha, exactly - just when I started liking T-Dog, he gets the boot--er, the teeth. I think I felt that loss more than I did Lori's. I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about this going forward with the baby in tow. Could make for some interesting scenarios, but could end up being an annoying crutch. Time will tell.

They were definitely faking it about Carol - she lived for sure.

Oh, and Michonne definitely grew on me more this episode.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 10:18:53 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I noticed a bit of twitching in the Gov's face when he was talking Merle out of leaving the group. It might hint at the crazy inside of him that has all the people that work for him so scared. Can't wait to see him lose it and see the real Gov.

Lori dying was bound to happen but I thought how they played it out was a bit too sappy. Kids died, and they didn't make such a drawn out mooshy spectacle of it as they did with lori. It felt forced and unnecessary based on the tone of the show up to this point. Also kind of knew that dude that Rick left out in the yard was going to come back and bite him in the ass eventually. Seeing how merle was looking for the group meant that the person staring at carol wasn't him so it had to be the prisoner who escaped or someone else in the group.

They did all that work clearing out the prison just for that dude to let more in and now they have to do it all over again. I'm hoping that black dude turns into T-dog 2.0 and that ass kisser dude dies next episode. I have a feeling that wimpy prisoner guy is going to try to help the group and end up hurting them somehow in a really stupid way. They need to kill him off and take in the tall black dude who saved ricks life. He basically bought his way into the group this episode.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 10:20:45 PM PST
Scratchy says:
lol michonne the private eye.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 10:35:27 PM PST
DVvM says:
I know we're not supposed to discuss comic spoilers, so I hope it's not a spoiler to note that I preferred Lori's death in the comic to how they did it in the show (she was going to die in the show, because she died in the comic, but that's not a spoiler because she just died.)

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 10:36:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 4, 2012, 10:42:11 PM PST
What an episode!

Sad to see T-Dog and Lori go. I do feel like I'll miss T-dog more then Lori. Lori at times just got on my nerves and I feel like T-Dog was starting to come into his own.

I think the show does a good job of showing just how chaotic the world could be in a zombie scenario. Anybody can be killed, good people can turn bad, bad people can turn good or be helpful. Some people it's about redemption, but in the end it's all about survival.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 10:55:43 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I'm not debating that she'd bleed out, but I can't remember a death in the show that wasn't shown after the fact. It's soley about the way the shows been made over the last couple of years. They could have shown a bullet hole in her head, Carl pulling the trigger. However, there are others in charge of the show now, so... And I love the new Carl.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012, 10:59:19 PM PST
One hell of an episode.

Where to start with this one? Well first off we finally got to see our mystery person from the woods and I was actually quite surprised to see it was the one prisoner who survived and not some stranger who happened by. Pretty clever of him to try and lure them in to take them out however I think if he were smart he would have waited to do it at night and really catch them with their pants down. Still pretty amazing what all he did and that he managed to escape Rick's trap in the courtyard.

T-Dog finally biting it I'm not surprised really. His character hasn't been a very important one for most of the series and hasn't had the most screen time so he sort of felt like a safe kill to me. One that would be a nice shock for the viewer but not one that would be sorely missed (yes I know there are fans out there but I'm talking majority here). He went down with a noble sacrifice to save Carol and again we see someone dying who represented one of the group's last ties to humanity. When most everyone was siding with Rick or thinking that kicking the prisoners out was a good idea he stood his ground and spoke his mind saying he didn't want any blood on his hands. Running theme here? Could be. Watch out Carol if you're still alive!

Leaving the prison for a bit let's head on over to Woodbury and check in on the girls who are still at odds with each other over leaving. I'm right there with Michonne, even knowing what I already know about the situation stuff just doesn't add up and how The Governor tries to explain it away just makes it worse. While she's looking over the trucks he had an answer for everything yet he shouldn't have, at least in my opinion. He supposedly found them all already dead yet he knew they were men of honor and fought to the last man refusing to leave anyone behind? I think a true response would have been "I wish I knew..." or something like that. He's too quick to respond and far too smooth about it, you can tell he's thought about this all in advance and has the answers prepared so he isn't caught off guard.

Another tactic I'm seeing him use is how he recruits. One or two at a time, make them loyal to him, then bring them into the group. None of the soldiers have loyalty to each other like they do The Governor. Merle owes his life to him, no one else. When he encounters more he kills them to maintain control because a group of five or so like the soldiers will remain loyal to each other and they will always come first. Speaking of Merle that conversation with the Governor was pretty interesting about going to find Daryl. His face twitching sort of got me, I wasn't sure if it was an anger thing, concern, or maybe even fear of what might happen if Merle left? It was definitely done on purpose that much I'm sure, the way the camera focused on him and how those followed certain remarks from Merle, something is up though I'm not sure what.

Andrea is clearly falling for The Governor's tricks as well as she is lured further and further into this sense of security. She knows the kind of man Merle is, what he is capable of, and this is the kind of place he feels comfortable and safe. That makes me worried and makes me want to get the hell out of dodge. The Governor is really quick to try to get them to stay as well, even breaking his one rule with Andrea by telling her his name which is throwing up serious red flags.

Meanwhile back at the prison!

I'm still not on board with Rick's new "I hate everyone I don't know" attitude because again it doesn't make sense to me. Who screwed them? When we're they stabbed in the back so this distrust could form? Shane? Hardly, Rick knew that was problem was brewing for a long time and he knew damn good and well why it happened so I don't buy that excuse. The gang in Atlanta turned out to be a group of good guys, the doctor at the CDC may have tried to leave them trapped with him but he saw it as a mercy killing and let them go once he realized it wasn't his choice to make, and obviously Hershel has worked out pretty well so is there another group of people they ran into that I missed? I get being on edge but this ruthless and set against them? Doesn't feel natural.

Lori's death I was surprised about though I think it was well done and played into Carl's character development quite nicely. Her and Carl finally reach that understanding that they love one another despite everything that has happened between her and Rick yet it's also time to say goodbye. I had to feel bad for the kid being put in that situation and if anyone doubts if Carl actually shot her go dunk your head in the toilet. My guess is that now Carol is going to take care of the baby considering Sophia is gone and I doubt Rick is going to be in any shape to raise a new born anytime soon. It is also interesting to note that Carl dealt with Lori's death better than Rick and I wonder if that is going to come into play at all. Rick told Carl to be strong and yet Rick was completely weak when he found out. Also rather heart wrenching to see that he did still care for (just like I said he did at the end of episode two this season) yet he's never going to get a chance to tell her that. His family is finally forever ruined.

Overall a really good episode that continues to set the show even further apart from the comics. Speaking of the comics, because I do that just to spite each and every one of you including you reading this right now, I was actually surprised to learn that Axle from the comics is being represented here and is the only prisoner character to make the jump. The comics he's a large white man who is something of a hippie so you can guess why I didn't realize that was him until they specifically referred to him tonight. And one final note, I rather like the other prisoner's mustache. Even during the end of the world the man still finds time to keep the bars maintained.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 11:01:02 PM PST
Her death was better in the comics I think and had a whole hell of a lot more impact on the audience but I think this way works better into Carl's character development and where he's going to ultimately end up. It's pretty clear he's going from supporting actor to main cast rather quick and I think this is one of those steps to giving us the Carl from later on in the comics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 11:07:08 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
They didn't clear out the entire prison, just that block and the one the the prisoners were to stay in. Those zombies came from inside from what I could tell. They should have cleaned out that whole place block by block if they had intentions of staying there long term.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 11:39:18 PM PST
user22 says:
Like her or not Lori was the matriarch of the group, so of course they are going to make a big deal about her death. She made the choice to die so the baby could live. I thought her goodbye speach to Carl was perfect and it reminded me a bit of Denzel Washington's goodbye to his son in the movie John Q.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 11:57:06 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I agree she was the matriarch of the group but the episode was a bit sappy for me. I know there are alot of Lori fans out there that think she deserved a good sendoff and they got it but i felt nothing for her character or the scenes she was in.

If you ask me i would have done it by just having her die/give birth, fade out with her face in the background and having people react to it while running away and then cutting back to a scene of her face that got closer and closer until she turned at the last second would have been perfect.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  188
Total posts:  3751
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 8, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers