Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

How did the weekend go? August 20, 2012

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 67 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 20, 2012, 3:28:49 AM PDT
I played Atelier Totori and had the bad ending since my character ran out of time. I love this game! Am thinking of a replay since my items and money carry over to new game+.

How'd your weekend go?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 3:31:41 AM PDT
Astro says:
Well my weekend was full of work, but I start "my" weekend today.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 3:50:38 AM PDT
Blake says:
^ Same here. Going to be playing BF3 and CS:GO.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 3:55:47 AM PDT
Prankster says:
It was okay. On Saturday, I played some inFamous: Festival of Blood till Space Marine finished downloading. Then the whole evening was spent in watching the new season of the English Premier League. I did play 30 mins of Space Marine and thought it was decent so I hope to get back to it soon today after work.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 4:19:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012, 4:20:20 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
I bought, played, beat and strongly disliked The 3rd Birthday for PSP. Then I picked up Ghost of Sparta, which I'm having a lot of fun with now. I also played some F1 2011 for Vita, and some Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I'm starting to lose steam with F1, only doing one weekend race at a time. I got to Chapter 3 in Ninja Gaiden, but I'm not really a fan of the game. I'm playing on Easy, then got bored, so I went back and played on normal, but I'm still just as bored.

I started Ys Seven over on Nightmare mode as well. It's a nightmare too. They don't lie.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 4:28:38 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I beat The Saboteur and started The Last Story. So far I'm loving The Last Story

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 4:43:34 AM PDT
I beat Wild ARMS 3. Woohoo!

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 5:43:50 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I didnt play a single game that I planned to but thats ok; did play other games. Spent about 8 hours playign BF Saturday and I beat Walking Dead Ep 1 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Also started Alpha Protocal which Im lukewarm on. Only beat the training and the first mission so I may still be warming up to it. I love the dialogue, but the gunplay is awful. I try to melee everyone just bc the shooting is so awkward. Hopefully the story will be interesting bc that will hold my attention.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:00:36 AM PDT
Witcher, Witcher, and more Witcher.

Then some Ys Seven before going back to the Witcher. Made it to chapter 4 last night before I had to sleep. I don't think I'll get it done by this weekend though. Might have to wait to start TW2 until October.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:00:47 AM PDT
I got to the Jail in Dead Island. I love this game. Going to pick up some Sleeping dogs later this week.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:12:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012, 6:19:01 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I played a lot of Last Story, got a good chunk of the way into it despite arena and sidequest grinding to get my equipment leveled up as far as I could. I think tonight will be a break from it to play some Dead Island since everyone's getting further than me.

Edit: And I saw Batman. It was alright/decent. Not as good as the first two but not bad by a longshot.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 6:14:09 AM PDT
I found an orange weapon called the eviscerator which apparently is the best weapon in the game. It is killing infected in one swing with purna. Just imagine with Xian.

http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/Eviscerator

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:15:29 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I had a 3 day weekend and put like 18 hours into Sleeping Dogs.

It was awesome.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:15:43 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
Didn't play a single game all weekend. Watched a few YouTube videos of people playing games though....if that counts. I'll be working on the Sly Collection this week though.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:18:09 AM PDT
T. E. Maddox says:
Restarted Skyrim. It has pulled me back in.

Playing as a mage this time.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 6:18:38 AM PDT
You still need to accept my friend request chump.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:21:01 AM PDT
Athas says:
Bioshock 2 - Dionysus Park. Gameplay has become alot more enjoyable compared to when I first started playing, most due to all the fun tonic slots adding variety to this borderline fps/rpg game. Don't fret Eleanor, Daddy will save you.

Breath of Fire 2 - Just started. Interesting storyline for an oldie.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 6:22:48 AM PDT
PacinoBully says:
I'll do it when I'm good and ready.

Sorry, after work Friday I loaded up the car and headed out of town right away.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:37:24 AM PDT
J. Pardee says:
Rainbow Moon

I beat the main story of the game and am now working on post game content. Quests have to be completed to increase the level cap so I am stuck at level 150 until I complete the proper quests.

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:38:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 20, 2012, 8:21:35 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
I was camping all weekend, so I didn't get any gaming in until last night, put in about 3 hours of Xenobalde.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 6:39:25 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
How many hours did it take you?

Posted on Aug 20, 2012, 6:41:50 AM PDT
Awesome weekend!

Friday: Last minute decision by me and the GF to drive to Cincinnati to see Jim Gaffigan
Saturday: Neighborhood festival
Sunday: Won $1500 in the trivia championships

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 6:41:54 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Were you playing Call of Duty?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 6:46:33 AM PDT
GarionOrb says:
This weekend was all about my Nintendo consoles. The game I played the most was The Last Story. It's a pretty good JRPG! The story is a tad bit (okay, a lot) predictable, but it's not bad. The music is amaaazing, and the graphics are stunning (for a Wii game). Definitely the best-looking game on Wii. The combat system is not bad at all. So far, roughly 7 hours in, I haven't noticed anything broken about it so I can't corroborate Jim Sterling's impressions. The only issue I had was one particular boss fight that's slightly broken, but it's because your party members can get booted from this particular battle and if you end up alone it's a stalemate. I had to reset and reload.

I also played Muramasa: The Demon Blade. I played it for 3 hours straight, and if I didn't have to go pick up my car from the shop I very well could've played the entire game in one sitting. The game is beautiful, simple, and despite the nonsensical story, really engaging. The Last Story interrupted my time with it, but I definitely want to get back to it.

Finally, New Super Mario Bros. 2. *sigh* I want to say that it's an awesome Mario game that truly shows Nintendo's mastery and creativity. But I can't. NSMB2 is totally by-the-numbers. It's more of what you've already played and makes no attempt to be anything different, aside from the coin obsession. The best thing about it is the return of the raccoon tail. Not a bad game at all, but also nothing special.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 20, 2012, 6:50:22 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
What I don't like about the combat system in Last Story is it penalizes you for using manual controls. You do less damage when you use manual, to be precise.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Nintendo Switch impressions 401 1 minute ago
What 3 games do you care most about in the near future? 33 3 minutes ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3943 10 minutes ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 1589 34 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 7/21-7/23 19 43 minutes ago
GOTY Predictions so far 48 1 hour ago
Free Humble Steam keys 14 4 hours ago
Nintendo Playchoice 10 27 5 hours ago
Why do they call it Chicken Parmesan when it's made with mostly motzarella, and not Parmesan? 8 5 hours ago
OT: Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide 20 5 hours ago
The Last of Us Is So Popular To Get Referenced in The Latest Episode of Game of Thrones 51 10 hours ago
Microsoft reports strong quarterly and yearly gaming revenues proving that its platform-unifying strategy is paying off big 19 10 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  67
Initial post:  Aug 20, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.