Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: School Shooting in Connecticut

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 376-400 of 500 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 15, 2012, 9:25:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012, 8:33:56 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 11:35:51 PM PST
Your average person can drop a mag, insert a loaded mag, and rack the slide in 5 seconds or less.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 12:21:23 AM PST
If you aren't catching the first mag and are fluent with the second, I'd say about half that. Maybe 1-2 seconds on average.

For others that don't know, when a semi-auto pistol shoots the last bullet, most of the time the mag locks the slide open. Pressing a button on the side of the grip will release the empty magazine causing it to pop out of the gun. Inserting a second magazine into the pistol will set up the first bullet to be loaded into the chamber. A quick pull of a lever on the side of the pistol will close the slide and load the first bullet. After that you can pull the trigger and fire.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 12:34:09 AM PST
Yeah I'm just thinking somebody with a Batman belt packed full of loaded mags. Drop the empty mag, leave it where it falls and immediate feed in a fresh mag. Similar to what they do in competitions and what I've done in training.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 12:46:58 AM PST
Exactly. Two of the holsters I own have at least one extra mag slot. I usually don't wear extra mags because they add bulk, but the option is there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 5:01:47 AM PST
According to the coronor's report he used the rifle up close and not the handguns. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 7:55:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012, 8:27:01 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 10:14:28 AM PST
I don't know if I really trust some of the news reports being released. I think it's to fuel the "assault weapon" debate.

According to the police reports, the only two weapons recovered on his body were two pistols. The rifle had been left in the trunk of the car and that's where it was found.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 10:28:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012, 10:35:29 AM PST
The report was from the mouth of the doctor who did the autopsy. I personally put a lot of faith in his report. I watched his speech this morning. :)

I found a video link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2248864/Sandy-Hook-shooting-Autopsy-report-reveals-26-victims-shot-times-EACH.html

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 12:48:06 PM PST
HE'S A CORONER. OF COURSE HE'S DETACHED. Can you imagine dealing with nothing but death and tragedy day in, day out? If you can't detach yourself from the situation, you wouldn't be able to handle the job.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 12:57:16 PM PST
He was MORE than simply "detached" cuz of his profession...Didn't you notice his "strange" behavior??? ...Snickering...literally smiling at everything that he said....."Joking" around inappropriately about the "L" in his name when he was asked how to spell it...

I deleted my post on the MIA* that contained a phrase he used in that press conference yesterday...something like...."I've done em all today and I'll do the rest of em tomorrow"!!! OMG can you imagine!!!

I don't know...maybe it's just ME

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 1:18:26 PM PST
It's the way coroners and morticians are. I've met quite a few of them as I almost went into the mortuary sciences and if you don't develop an odd sense of humor, you'll crack from the job.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 1:26:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012, 5:17:16 PM PST

Posted on Dec 16, 2012, 5:49:31 PM PST
We had a kid that was arrested the night before this happened in a town 45 minutes away. He was planning on shooting up his high school and was trying to recruit other kids to help him. WTF is wrong with people? I'm glad they caught this kid. Weird how this happened the same time.

Link to the kid near me:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-states/121215/school-shooting-plan-Bartlesville-oklahoma-stoppe

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012, 11:49:17 PM PST
I'm from Edmond and this is the first I've heard of this.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 12:30:39 AM PST
waterbowl says:
That's what happens when you play violent and sexist video games.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 12:52:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 1:05:23 AM PST
In the grand scheme of things, incidents like this are an anomaly. Do you realize how many people play violent and sexist video games? Do you realize how many people own guns? Do you realize how many of these people are fantastic members of their community and have never, nor will ever, commit such despicable crimes?

I was playing Doom as a child against my dad via two linked PCs. I grew up playing other violent video games and watching violent movies. I currently own several firearms with enough firepower to mirror or surpass what's recently happened. If mass destruction is what you seek, having the munitions to commit such acts is worthless if you lack the malicious intent. The vast majority of us, myself included, lack this intent and are disgusted by those who harbor it.

This isn't about video games, it's not about sex, it's not even about guns. This is a mental health issue that needs to be addressed as such. Until we realize that and move towards bettering society, nothing will change.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 1:36:55 AM PST
Real217 says:
GTFOH. you think this has anything to do with video games? guns never kill people. People do. Oh wait, Cars kill people too right? Wrong. Bad drivers kill people. I've been driving since i was 14, yes. Grew uup in Africa. I get flabbergasted at what people do behind the wheels sometimes. People act like they are casually watching TV or something. Driving is something you have to pay attention to do.

Well, back to the topic, until we start proper education and orientation about firearms, these things will keep happening. Change the people and you change the situation. You have a mentally ret.ar.ded person living with you? why the hell would you keep guns in the same house? You can make all the gun laws you like, it will ony change but two things:

Jack and Shhht

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 2:24:51 AM PST
AndrewA says:
There's little point in comparing gun deaths to other deaths. A car's main purpose is transportation. A gun's main purpose is to kill something, be it man or animal.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 2:33:40 AM PST
Considering that there are approximately 250 million registered cars in America and over 200 million registered guns and car accidents are the 5th leading cause of death in the United States while homicide is the 15th (which also includes homicide by something other than guns), guns are extremely safe in comparison, for something you say is designed for one purpose, which is death (not entirely true).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 2:45:50 AM PST
AndrewA says:
I said killing was it's main purpose, not the only purpose. Don't twist my words and then attack that. And what are the numbers of registered drivers versus registered gun owners?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 3:08:33 AM PST
AndrewA says:
Boy you can twist numbers. I looked up your data. Number five on the list is all accidental deaths, which was 118 thousand. Of those, 35 thousand were car related. Another fun fact, there were 34 thousand firearms related deaths. If you placed those two on the list, they'd be 12th and 13th.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 3:09:36 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
If we ban accidents less people will die!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 3:12:28 AM PST
AndrewA says:
I should probably add that the firearms ones weren't also under accidents. They were under injury related deaths.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 3:24:33 AM PST
I wasn't necessarily attacking it, Francis. Slow your role, gurrl.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  500
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.