Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Super Slim PS3 hardware issues?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-32 of 32 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 7:13:40 PM PST
Took it back today they were out of AC3 bundles sadly however allowed me to take Black ops 2 with a lesser bundle and pay a small difference...Thus far new one seems rock solid so far.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012, 12:20:59 AM PST
The system probably got too hot.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012, 5:13:55 AM PST
Nope cold, I live in mass it was 22f outside and about 65 in it also sits on an open table not inside a cabinet or anything dumb like that. Also when said issues occurred it was on for less then 5 minutes each time.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012, 1:06:17 PM PST
Even if you take your ultra-slim back to Gamestop, they will only replace it with the same product or any other new PS3 they can sell you. So, if you don't like the ultra-slim and you're also suspicious of the slim, it looks like your only option is to trade in the ultra-slim, lose more money and revert to a refurbished fat PS3. The ultra-slim blows IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013, 11:30:23 PM PDT
same here

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2013, 11:50:39 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
game freezes have nothing to do with the hardware, it's the games, just like how New Vegas froze like crazy when it first came out, after all the game updates/patches, it worked fine.

Posted on Mar 26, 2013, 4:01:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2013, 4:01:57 AM PDT
JAW88-06 says:
My slim works 100% fine since my Oct 2012 purchase. I'm sorry for Mr Foxhound, but for others, take into consideration that some have had great experiences with the Super Slim. Compared to earlier models, it runs cooler, quieter, uses less power, and I prefer the slide disc tray, as you can keep it clean and dust it. The slide tray also has the advantage that you will never have a disc stick in the slot feed.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
No more Prime Discount (for up to 2 weeks after release)? 17 7 minutes ago
OT: Let's outlaw The United States Constitution, because it was wrote by a bunch of white, racist slave-owners! 0 8 minutes ago
There's a Colonel Sanders statue on my way to work. He is against beef. 20 14 minutes ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 2482 50 minutes ago
OT: What's the difference between 'The Left' tearing down Confederate statutes and ISIS tearing down Historical statutes? 29 1 hour ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 8/14-8/20 14 2 hours ago
Dark Souls 3 DLC 37 2 hours ago
Race games with stories - Who's a fan? 9 2 hours ago
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy – Reviews 12 2 hours ago
Big PS4 Update 5.0 Officially Revealed, Here's What It Does 3 2 hours ago
Xbox One X Pre-Orders Reportedly Launch This Weekend 9 2 hours ago
The List Of Single Player Games You Over Killed 47 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers