Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Sony: Vita is "a little behind on the numbers"; now "actively on the offensive"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 2:42:01 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Not to mention Linux support for games isn't exactly an industry standard.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 2:34:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013, 2:36:26 PM PST
D_Strasse says:
Can't someone just get a sexier case? (They make nice looking HTPC cases don't they?)

Anyway, I supose it will run on some form of Linux as to keep the cost down but again, don't PC builders already know how to install and run Linux?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 2:07:56 PM PST
That, and the possible standardization of hardware for the non-techie crowd. If you don't know what you're looking at, recommended can look intimidating. However, if they say that the game can work with steambox 5 or greater, that simplifies it for people.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 2:03:10 PM PST
I never claimed you were. I just want to be sure that you do not mind a positive article for Sony and the Vita posted here on VGF. I would hate to think that a post or thread upset you.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 2:03:04 PM PST
A customer says:
It's for guys who's women don't allow a "clunky" box to be visible around the entertainment center - aka - where she watches Jersey Shore reruns all day.

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 2:00:16 PM PST
Not sure what would make you think that. I'm not a fangirl of any system.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 1:57:34 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I say build anyways.

Truth is anything they use for a Steambox is going to run hot as balls in a console sized case. With some selective planning, you can get a nice rig in a micro atx or htpc rack case

There is a reason consoles are going with mobile solutions to keep thermal footprint down. Heat kills.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:52:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013, 1:53:00 PM PST
new Tron says:
Yeah, but the appeal to me of the Steambox is to be able to play on my couch and surround sound without having a big ugly PC shell/box next to my TV. If the upgrade process became extremely streamlined, I'd consider it, but I'm really leaning to just building a new PC in about 2-3 years and buying a decent monitor.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:52:13 PM PST
I was going to say that. If the Steambox is upgradable, the only people who might benefit are Valve as they can license "approved" upgrades and charge more to people who don't know better. And I really don't want to be stuck with a game 2 years down the road that requires me to upgrade my Steambox.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:48:52 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Swapping video cards and RAM is already stupidly easy...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:45:59 PM PST
new Tron says:
The only thing for me that would make the steambox more appealing than having a gaming PC would be the ease of upgrading. If I could swap video cards, motherboards, and add RAM in a simple fashion, then I'd consider it. If the Steambox is a one-and-done type of thing like the consoles, then there's no way I'll go for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:44:12 PM PST
I tend to agree, I'd rather build.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:42:45 PM PST
D_Strasse says:
Why not just build a PC?

I REALLY don't get the appeal of a steambox.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:42:08 PM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I picked mine up day 1 and I don't feel burned. Especially not after they added PS+ support. The vast majority of my time with the system before PS+ was Patapon 2, Hot Shots Golf, and Rayman: Origins.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:42:05 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Provided it doesn't block used games and require an always on connection, I'll buy it after I clear up my current gen backlog. By then it should have a decent catalog and the price should have dropped once or twice.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:41:55 PM PST
Indeed. Posting a positive article for Sony and the Vita shows that I am at least fair.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:41:07 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
As did I. I am pretty sure it'll be my last traditional launch console ever. Steambox, of course, being a non-traditional console.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:40:10 PM PST
Jason being Jason.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:40:08 PM PST
Gameresq says:
Disclosure: I bought a launch Wii U

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:39:09 PM PST
MrFoxhound says:
It never pays off, IMO.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:39:01 PM PST
Oh, it's your post again....again...

I trust you have no issue with an article that is positive for Sony and the Vita?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:38:20 PM PST
Yes, no more early adopting for me.

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 1:37:57 PM PST
Oh it's this thread again ... Again ...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:37:08 PM PST
Gameresq says:
I have no doubt that it will be a great system. By the time it becomes so, the price will likely have dropped substantially, at which point I will buy one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:33:32 PM PST
D_Strasse says:
Maybe it's because I'm a latecomer, but I think the catalog has been great so far.

Now if I was a hardcore handheld-mostly gamer, I might feel different. But I really only use my handhold a couple times a year, and mine gave me plenty to do over Christmas.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Kingsman 2: Golden Circle 2 7 hours ago
I beat Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's story mode in one sitting, AMA 6 7 hours ago
Sony Ships Another Half Million PlayStation VR Headsets, Dominates Competition 63 7 hours ago
Xbox X pre-orders back for the 2nd time and the X roars to #1 in less than a day curbstomping the Pro once again. 93 7 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 9/25-10/1 2 7 hours ago
OT: Week 3 NFL picks 35 7 hours ago
So uhh....My left JoyCon isn't connecting to my Switch now 19 7 hours ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 4603 7 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 9/18-9/24 59 7 hours ago
PUBG and Fortnite's argument raises the question: Can you own a genre? 10 8 hours ago
First trailer for Tomb Raider movie 24 9 hours ago
Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture developer The Chinese Room lays off staff, will be “going dark” for a while 0 10 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.