Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

ffxiv arr (2.0) beta phase i

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 25, 2013, 5:32:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2013, 6:11:43 PM PST
neojazzical says:
Upcoming Beta Test Schedule:

Phase I

Part 2: Mar. 2nd 7:00 p.m. to Mar. 4th, 2013, 1:00 a.m. (PST) / Mar. 3rd 3:00 a.m. to Mar. 4th 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
Part 3: Mar. 8th 7:00 p.m. to Mar. 11th 1:00 a.m. (PST) / Mar. 9th 3:00 a.m. to Mar. 11th 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

Exploration -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I38WppE345o#!

Tour, Part I -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KW6fL5X1fM4

Gamepad Developer Commentary -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0J7kO8BTZDU#

Benchmark -- http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

Server Status -- http://xivstatus.com/index.php

Beta Applications -- https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/s/run?sq=9b9f02b1fcab199e9b29c10c2a9aa2d8206c2a9dc21da264109d022bcad9129fea64282c069d8e3b1ad9fc99d21046a18d9c06efbdc2609defbd1260e895

Posted on Feb 25, 2013, 5:48:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013, 5:49:14 PM PST
neojazzical says:
hUge improvement over the joke that was 1.0

Posted on Feb 25, 2013, 5:51:34 PM PST
new Tron says:
This actually looks really good! Reminds me of the Final Fantasy games of old. Might this this a spin once it's released.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013, 5:58:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013, 5:58:31 PM PST
neojazzical says:
it's definitely shaping up to be FFXI's long lost cousin rather than nightmare child.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013, 6:36:30 PM PST
neojazzical says:
supposedly YoshiP would like to add all of the iconic and historic FF classes this time around.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013, 6:52:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2013, 7:11:50 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I signed up for the beta awhile back with that code that came with my new copy of FFXIII but never got a key. Guess i'll just keep an eye out of more videos.

Nevermind I read that PS3 users won't get keys sent to them until phase 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013, 7:22:36 PM PST
aidenraine says:
I signed up for the beta as "either"... I really wanna get in on it.. I LOVED XI. played it for 6 years, and ARR looks like the evolution that the original XIV should have been.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013, 7:41:50 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
The game looks fantastic so far! I'm hoping it turns out much better than the original and that the PS3 actually gets finished and turns out good. I'm definitely buying the PS3 version when it comes out even if it turns out halfway decent.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013, 7:52:34 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
The animations in this game don't look fluid and the combat looks pretty boring, is this really worth it?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013, 8:04:07 PM PST
neojazzical says:
not all animations are in just yet.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013, 8:23:07 PM PST
Recently says:
Looks pretty good, Got into the beta today, only had an hr or so to play around in it though. Way better than ff14 1.0 was which was basically unplayable for me (and i played ff11 for 6+ years too)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013, 8:54:49 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I'm also 6+ year FFXI vet too. I would have signed up for either but I wanna see how good it plays on ps3 before I even think about buying it. From the videos I've watched it definitely looks less casual and more group/team friendly which is what I loved about XI. Also want to see how they incorporate in voice chat because having to put down the controller to type lead to a lot of frustration in XI for me.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013, 6:58:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013, 6:58:58 AM PST
neojazzical says:
They've reserved Beta Phases 1 & 2 mostly for Legacy 1.0 members over others, but Phase 3 should see greater non-legacy players.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013, 2:34:54 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I read the legacies are getting a hold in Phase 1. Pc only users are gonna get a hold in the majority of phase 2 and people who picked both pc and ps3 are going to end up in the end of phase two or in phase 3 with the ps3 only peeps.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013, 2:57:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013, 3:01:12 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>less casual and more group/team friendly which is what I loved about XI.<<

that's what I hated about FFXI, somtimes it took 40 minutes to an hour or more to find people that were willing to help to do a mission with you, or some people would actually leave or kick you out of the party, cause you wern't playing your job the way they wanted you to. if you can't solo most missions or have to be in a party most of the time in every mission you do in ARR, i'm not buyin it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013, 3:27:50 PM PST
Scratchy says:
If your going to pay to play a MMORPG solo then your doing it wrong :/

But seriously finding good people to play with will suck but luckily there is enough interested members in this thread alone that will prob join you if you asked to do events and such so that shouldn't be much of a problem as it was in XI.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013, 4:38:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013, 4:39:11 PM PST
aidenraine says:
one thing I'm disappointed with is it appears that dragoons aren't going to get wyverns in ARR... I miss Eisenzahn TT_TT

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013, 5:25:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013, 5:48:17 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
well nowww SE made it easier so that missions are soloable, even Dynamis is soloable now with the right job and there is no lvl cap when you do the missions where you go into the 3 shattered crystals where you can teleport to, but I was talkin about back in the day before they added the lvl 80+ cap and such, times were harsh back then. altho they still havn't made it easier to gain Gil, unless you lvl fishing and cooking and sell whatever you make, they are the cheapest crafts.

Tree Cuttings and Boyahda Moss were my source of Gil, till the RMTs or whoever started undercutting the price and brought it down from $20k to $5k a stack.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013, 6:03:57 PM PST
aidenraine says:
yea, gil was always ridiculously hard to make unless you could craft the high level gear that people paid millions for.. unless you got REALLY lucky in a BC/KSNM or in NM hunting. way back in the day, I used to make my money on slime oils. easy easy easy to get, but sold for 10K a stack. got my PLD to 75 that way.

it took many years before my friends and I got lucky and we got a k-club after about a year of grinding the BCNM after it was changed.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013, 9:11:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013, 9:16:36 PM PST
Scratchy says:
Crafting, KSNMs, BCNMs, Farming and when Aht Urghan came out even XP parties gave you chances to get gil if you saved colbri beaks and the mamook gear that dropped and npced em instead of throwing em on the AH. There is many ways to get gil even coffer hunting gave you gil in the right places.

As far as soloing dynamis i'm gonna call BS on that one. I played a TON of dynamis and there is no way your going to spawn that many mobs and be able to solo em all without dying ALOT. Maybe solo Limbus where you fight those sorta weak mobs and get ancient beast coins.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013, 1:56:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2013, 2:07:06 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
FF11 has changed alot since then, the lvl cap is now 99 on all jobs, there are some things that they changed that I don't understand why they didn't do it years ago when we needed it changed. they even deleted or merged servers with others and also made some new servers with new names as well. and soon they're comin out with a new expansion that includes 2 new jobs, 15 new areas and tons of new content.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874165029

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013, 3:29:22 AM PST
Pingino220 says:
It has changed that much, Players levels went up and dynamis mob levels stayed the same. Now considered a joke to do a full linkshell run if you arent in Xarc or Beuc for the final relic items. Part of the reason why I left XI for XIV, anyways back on topic ARR is looking really good once they get FATE and the other big events to work like they are suppose to but it's beta fixing the last few problems is what the testers are signed up to do.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013, 5:07:57 PM PST
neojazzical says:
supposedly beta 1 part 2 is this weekend thereabouts.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013, 8:45:46 PM PST
Scratchy says:
I'm well aware of the level cap but even being level 80 and 85 last time I played Dynamis mobs were easy but not that easy. Maybe as BLM or SCH or RDM I can see soloing Dynamis with sleep (possibly duo) but theres just soooo many of em for an actual non sleeper(or even sleeper) to solo. I might be wrong and there is prob some amazing Atma or something that carries over to dynamis and makes you nearly invincible then I retract my statement but as someone whos done it for years I just can't imagine someone soloing it. Just my opinion.

Can't wait to try this game out. All this FFXI talk has got me feeling nostalgic.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013, 7:02:38 AM PST
neojazzical says:
probably a summer launch.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Any Iron Maiden fans here? 3 49 seconds ago
Here it is... The Official VGF Game of 2016 Game! Cast your votes! 3157 2 hours ago
State of the Reddit: Your Alternative Home to the AVGF! 82 2 hours ago
Lastest Leaked Details for the Next Call of Duty Game Coming out This Year 3 3 hours ago
Videogame 'Add Ons': Billion-Dollar Business and Two-Edged Sword 31 7 hours ago
Looking for PS4 Game suggestions. 54 7 hours ago
Persona 5 Impressions 475 8 hours ago
Deformers game FREE (PC or PS4)...Must be GS Pro PUR member 8 13 hours ago
Give Me One, Solid E3 Prediction! Less than 2 Months Away! 46 14 hours ago
PSA: Kentucky Route Zero free on Twitch Prime till April 24 1 14 hours ago
What's the first thing you think of when you hear ''Bill O'Reilly''? 23 16 hours ago
OT: Marvel's Cloak and Dagger - first trailer 3 23 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 3, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer