Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New unannounced Blizzard title to be revealed at PAX East.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2013, 8:37:34 AM PST
http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/yep-blizzard-is-showing-something-new-and-interesting-at-pax-east

You'll have to excuse this somewhat short update to our original post, but Blizzard has confirmed that they will be showing something interesting and new at PAX East. I asked a Blizzard representative if the invite was to see and play DIablo 3, and I was told this is something different.

"As mentioned in the invite, this is a little something, different from what we've previously announced or talked about, and not a sequel, etc," I was told. I also confirmed that Diablo 3 will be at PAX East, but again, this is something different.

This is fascinating. It's different than what the company has talked about, it's not a sequel, and it's different from what was previously announced. So what does that leave? Some have guessed that we'll see Blizzard All-Stars, but that's something that was previously announced. So what's left?

Here's the original invitation text: "We've been working on a little something, different from our other games, and we're pleased to invite you to be the first to see it. It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on." So the new information is basically just a repetition of what we already knew, but they did confirm that this is distinct from the playable version of DIablo 3.

Okay, that's all I have to go on. I'm curious for your thoughts: what do you think we're going to see?

I've gotta admit, if this was 4 or 5 years ago, I would have been really excited about this. However, either I've outgrown their titles or they are not the same studio they were in my youth. Either way, I'm mildly curious about what it is, but I'm just apathetic to pretty much everything that they release.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 8:42:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013, 8:43:21 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I'm definitely very interested. I wish it was a Diablo 3 expansion, but since the base game isn't even a year old and they take forever on everything that's probably a ways out.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 8:44:41 AM PST
DVvM says:
I'm hoping it's Starcraft: Ghost.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013, 8:45:42 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
That would be awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013, 8:50:28 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
"It's not.....that rumored next-gen MMO"

Expectations dropped into the toilet after that, honestly.

I don't know of a game Blizzard is associated with that is more anticipated than "Titan". Seriously.

So, after reading that as well as the fact that they keep saying it's a "little something", I'm expecting a murloc bottle opener or Thrall spandex workout pants.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013, 8:52:27 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
It's definitely not going to be some massive large scale project like their other big IP's, but that's fine with me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013, 8:54:07 AM PST
Rockhardly says:
"I'm hoping it's Starcraft: Ghost."

If it is, I will start to wonder just how much influence Activision has over them.

Over the years I've looked at them as being fiercely independant, regardless of any deals with Activision or anyone else. For them to resurrect a title they dumped at the last minute because it didn't meet their standards - it just seems a little fishy to me. I can imagine an Activision executive seeing the remnants of Ghost, pitching an idea to tie that with Black Ops 3 (even more futurey), and before you know it we've got an ActiBlizzard futuristic StarCrafty version of CoD that comes out with a yearly title and DLC map packs.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 8:55:40 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Blackthorne 2!

One could hope

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013, 9:03:12 AM PST
DVvM says:
I would also accept the long-awaited Lost Vikings sequel or a good remake of Rock 'n' Roll Racing (that game was awesome.)

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 9:43:15 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
It's odd that they would be announcing this at PAX instead of Blizzcon since it's back this November. I guess this way the Blizzcon goers could see more of it though.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 9:52:57 AM PST
Nicos says:
Some mobile/ios game :/

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 10:45:38 AM PST
I'm guessing this won't be a huge announcement or anything, if it is even a game that will be released. It could just be a concept for something bigger and they are looking to get more feedback on it or even just give people a glimpse at what could be coming down the pipeline.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 10:48:55 AM PST
GamersGame says:
Warcraft 4...

Posted on Mar 2, 2013, 9:43:51 PM PST
I have a feeling it is going to be Blizzard All-Stars. That game where they are gonna have different characters from each of their franchises battle it out in a League of Legends format. It is not a new game, but it has fallen off the face of the earth since it was announced.

Really hoping Blizzard does announce something new however. Hoping StarCraft: Ghost. I wonder if "Project: Blackstone" has anything to do with this?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013, 10:40:36 PM PST
Can't tell if serious...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Week 3 NFL picks 25 7 hours ago
Amazon is withholding physical copies of games to prevent preorder discount 106 7 hours ago
Weekly & Weekend Gaming: 9/18-9/24 58 7 hours ago
So uhh....My left JoyCon isn't connecting to my Switch now 13 7 hours ago
Destiny1.5 VGF Clan v10.0/ 4510 8 hours ago
It's cheaper to ship to Canada from US than US to US. What happened to this country? 1 11 hours ago
PS4 Console Exclusive Dragon's Crown Pro New 10 Minute Gameplay 1 12 hours ago
I beat Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's story mode in one sitting, AMA 5 13 hours ago
Sony Ships Another Half Million PlayStation VR Headsets, Dominates Competition 37 14 hours ago
OT: A Black male goes on a deadly shooting spree at a predominately White church in Tennessee 3 17 hours ago
South Park FBW... 4 20 hours ago
OT: So, just how did professional player protests at games over police brutality, social injustice and racial inequality turn into protests over President Trump? 0 23 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.